Anyone know what it looks like from a 5MW wind turbine?

malkiserow

I thought I would share these photos.

The first is en-route to Scotland. Each blade is 61.5 M long

The second is self explanatory!

windturbine2.jpg

windturbine1.jpg

Edit...

Second one seems to have come out small, anyone know how I can enlarge it?

As no-body else noticed that the traffic is driving on the right hand/wrong side of the road,and they've got yellow front number plates....Where/when were the photo's taken......Where were the turbines made.....??..must of cost a fortune in logistics...

Edited by smig4373

As no-body else noticed that the traffic is driving on the right hand/wrong side of the road,and they've got yellow front number plates....Where/when were the photo's taken......Where were the turbines made.....??..must of cost a fortune in logistics...

probably another pile of vestas junk made in denmark (I believe they also have a plant in germany) all to provide about 2.75 or 3 MW of unreliable kettle boiling stuff?

KW

Itsch the Dutch I believe, pancake and a schmoke anyone ?

where do you get dutch from? been on the wacky baccy have we?

the lorry is from denmark? vestas are the biggest maker of wind turbines (danish)and plenty of the monstrosities over here (3 within a mile of me always one still mind?) each one of these baby's costs you and me er thats if you are a tax payer and not a reciever! £40 quid for every hour its on the grid absolute bits of greenie appeasing scrap metal.

KW

Here's what happens to a wind turbine if it's too windy :hmm:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Here's what happens to a wind turbine if it's too windy :hmm:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

scheisse!! :hmm::lol: :lol:

As I said,,,,,, it is on its way to Scotland - from the factory in Denmark. The other factories are in China, India and the USA. The manufacturer is LM Glasfibre, probably the worlds top producer of blades.

Nuclear is tried and tested. Chernobyl was some work experience student trying something new at 3am!

I would rather live near to a Nuclear station which can actually provide 8%+ of the Uk power, than have a few over glorified windmills in my back yard that could not boil an egg (even if they are turning)

nuclear tried and tested :rolleyes:

I would rather live near to a Nuclear station which can actually provide 8%+ of the Uk power, than have a few over glorified windmills in my back yard that could not boil an egg (even if they are turning)

Well go and live in Wool, just downwind of the, now defunct, Winfrith setup. It's got one of the highest childhood leukemia rates in the country, along with Sellafield.

That's supposed to be classified information at the county path lab!

As I said,,,,,, it is on its way to Scotland - from the factory in Denmark. The other factories are in China, India and the USA. The manufacturer is LM Glasfibre, probably the worlds top producer of blades.

well that makes sense rather than put them on a boat and float them straight accross the North sea, obviously more green to send them 1200 miles by lorry :rolleyes:

Well go and live in Wool, just downwind of the, now defunct, Winfrith setup. It's got one of the highest childhood leukemia rates in the country, along with Sellafield.

That's supposed to be classified information at the county path lab!

Have you got any kind of evidence to make a statement like that?

I have lived all my life 3 miles from bradwell power station, on a small island where I only know of 1 in about 10,000 people who have had leukemia. There may be more but it certainly isn't anywhere a worry.

You definetly have more chance of being hit by a bus.

I would much rather live near a nuclear power station than the eyesore that are wind farms, although I have no choice in that as they are building one just off the coast of clacton which I can see from Mersea. They are also planning on building the largest wind farm yet in the Knock deep which is between Essex and Kent in the Thames Estuary. They are going to put 275 seperate turbines there.

The day you switch your kettle on and it doesn't boil will be the day that all these loony greens kick off.

Edited by MC