Where's the snow today?

Frenchieboy

Well it started snowing yesterday evening and the forecast told us to expect from 10 to 30 cm of snow. I've been out of bed for an hour now (I have decided not to do early mornings in the cold any more) and it's still snowing! I will go out later and get a few pics hopefully.

One thing that I noticed last night puzzled me though - We live overlooking a main road and all through the evening till about midnight we could see the gritting lorries struggling to drive by with their orange beacons flashing even though they were not gritting the road, does this mean that they might have been waiting till their pay scale rises after midnight? In fairness they have gritted the main road and it is quite clear - well as clear as any Rossendale Council Road can be!

So has anyone else got much snow in their area.

Just been out to the shops for the wife who isn't too well at the moment. It is still coming down, but only very fine "dusty" sort of snow but there is a bitterly cold wind with it. I was thinking of going out and getting some "Snow Pics" of the area in general but being the total wuss that I am I have decided to stay indoors with my feet up! Might change my mind later if it warms up a bit. :yes:

I've taken a couple of pics to show what it is like. Just about all of the snow from our car park was gone yesterday but the 2 pics show what it is like now. The first shows the road from out car park - This was not too bad to get up in low 4 wheel drive but coming back down was a different matter, the motor was refusing to turn at the bottom and I had visions of parking inside the foyer.

The second pic shows just how much we have had overnight.

http://s542.photobucket.com/albums/gg426/f...nt=IMG_3651.jpg

http://s542.photobucket.com/albums/gg426/f...nt=IMG_3653.jpg

Keep warm guys, but more importantly keep safe! :)

Edited by Frenchieboy

plenty at flash north staffordshire wanted to zero my scope waste of time snow blowing in horisontal.

I went out for a mouch around and to check mine yesterday. Didn't see any "live quarry" so ended up making a "Snow Bunny" (Pretty much life size) and sitting it out at 75 yards on a patch of clear grass then blew it's head off with the first shot from the 17HMR - My scopes seem fine! :)

The snow is getting much heavier again so I am going to watch "Tigger The Movie" on TV so please do not disturb till the film is finished! :yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy