Baikal Bankrupt!

Zapp

I remember hearing about this a while back and meaning to post something up on here but I forgot.

The Izhevsk Manufacturing Corporation, or Izhmash, which makes (among lots of other things) Baikal shotguns went bankrupt in September.

So, does this mean that the much mocked (but actually rather good) Baikals are to be a thing of the past?

LINK

ZB

i'm a bit gutted to be honest i'm on my 3rd baikal my first two guns were baikal too a single barrel 12b with ejector and a single barreled .410 i wish i still had them both i only got rid of them to make way for another gun, i'm guessing people will start asking silly money for them now, and i was hoping to pick up a nice cheap russian purdey in sbs or o/u 12b for my birthday in march.

After buying a baikal .410 and a 12g O/U I'm of the opinion that whilst they are not as aesthetically appealing as a lot of other entry level shotguns, they are a damned sight tougher and actually in terms of fit, probably a lot better designed and thought out.

My £400 O/U is in my opinion a better gun than a couple of £750 guns I own. The quality of the steel used in Baikal's is supposed to be excellent too.

I'm now a baikal fan :yes:

After buying a baikal .410 and a 12g O/U I'm of the opinion that whilst they are not as aesthetically appealing as a lot of other entry level shotguns, they are a damned sight tougher and actually in terms of fit, probably a lot better designed and thought out.

My £400 O/U is in my opinion a better gun than a couple of £750 guns I own. The quality of the steel used in Baikal's is supposed to be excellent too.

I'm now a baikal fan :rolleyes:

I must agree with pigglet on this :lol: .............. and I have 4 Baikals in my cabinet. :lol:

Good, hardworking guns to be used in any weather and your not to be worried about the odd scratch or ding.