Would you?

Evil Elvis

:bye2: I have quite a few friends from Zim, one owns a hunting ranch and is always asking me to come over and one of the chaps I work with now is going over in March and has asked me to come with him.... I do fancy it, as he wants to hunt and fish BUT.......

with the political climate etc out there would you go? am i being chicken? :angry:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a couple of friends who made a life (And for the early part of it a good life) over there. They moved over there as a result of the long construction projects over there during the 70's and 80's.

I have to say they both lost everything, In fact they returned to England with only what they could carry and the clothes they stood in which I found quite sad.

When you talk to them it was real hairy out there towards the end.

i just thought of something... if you pay for the plane tickets and give us £5k each danger money, me and rascal will come along to act as body guards for you :lol:

although instead of the £5k i will willingly accept 5 litres of vodka, 2 cartons of cigarettes, an ak47 with 1000 rounds of ammo and the right to wear a red coat and white pith hat and make quips from the film "zulu" :oops:

zulu_film.gif

:good::lol: :lol:

My wife`s company is rehousing a lot of people at the moment who are getting out of there, as mentioned earlier if the nationals wont stay then..........

Its your decision in the end and you may not get another chance, if the area your are going to stay in is safe then I`d go for it, a few guys I shoot with have been and they had no trouble.

i just thought of something... if you pay for the plane tickets and give us £5k each danger money, me and rascal will come along to act as body guards for you :lol:

although instead of the £5k i will willingly accept 5 litres of vodka, 2 cartons of cigarettes, an ak47 with 1000 rounds of ammo and the right to wear a red coat and white pith hat and make quips from the film "zulu" :oops:

zulu_film.gif

:good::lol: :lol:

Not a bad offer.....hmmmm, kalashnikov with 1000 about £50!!!

On a serious note....hmmmmmm

:oops: I have quite a few friends from Zim, one owns a hunting ranch and is always asking me to come over and one of the chaps I work with now is going over in March and has asked me to come with him.... I do fancy it, as he wants to hunt and fish BUT.......

with the political climate etc out there would you go? am i being chicken? :good:

For Gods sake man how many offers will you get like that...go for it as life is way too short to do otherwise! And if you lose yours (life that is) well how bad is that? Will you be missed by PW members?! :lol:

In all seriousness. If the guy has a hunting ranch and it's still operational then it's probably OK but check out what's involved first. Will you be met at the airport and all things taken care of re bribes, kickbacks etc so you don't get fleeced or have stuff confiscated by 'customs or police officials'. What are you planning to hunt, birds, plains game, BIG game? What's in season in March? Transport as the fuel situation can be very hit and miss?

And hey if you do end up in jail I'm sure GB (the PM not the country) would just love an excuse for another war!

You will be fine, the Police in Zim will beat the **** out of the locals if they bug you.

My uncle still take tourists there every week. On a friends farm near the border we used to patrol our self`s and arrest the ***** coming over the border and then we hand them over to the SA police which in turn just take a bribe and let them go again :oops:

These Zim oaks crossing the border is actually a lot better then the local blacks in SA.

In fact I can almost guarantee you that you will be safer in Zim then in SA, We have more murders a day in SA then there is people dying in Afghanistan which is at war! Go and have fun just don`t look for silly trouble out there that`s all!! :good: