Decent wellies

davhope

If you can pop over to Dumfries you'll get some amazing wellies from the Hunter factory there.

I bought some Royal Hunters last season, they are neoprene AND fleece lined and are fantastically comfy and warm. I paid £82 from the Hunter factory compared to the full retail price of £135 in the shops.

Must've been feeling flush that day too, I even bought the missus some too :)

The Hunter Factory's number is 01387 269591.

Marc

Muck boots are fantastic for about £60.

I walk 6-8 miles in mine 3 times per week for the last year dont get blisters and never to hot or cold in any weather. the grips on the bottom are fantastic although i beleive they have changed the sole on them.

They are highly recomended as a cheaper boot but if you want the dogs conkers then it has to be the hunter royal.

Dave

Edited by Devilishdave

I have got neoprene chameau's they are fantastic on cold days but way too hot on normal/warm days. I have had mine 7 years and wear them a couple times a week, just keep them fed with Amorall or similar.

Chameau do a 'walking' boot now with a Vibram sole for a bit less money, they also have a funny French name that I can't remember at the moment, they are what I would go for now if I was to buy another pair today.

Have a look at John Norris's web site for more options

Another vote for hunters. I have some Glen Trool leather lined side zip with neoprene lined foot. They are more comfortable than my zamberlan walking boots and so warm in winter. Keep an eye out on ebay and do a google search I got mine in Greenfield guns in Salisbury for £105 instead of the almost £200 RRP.

All the boot people have brought out fancy leather gore tex lined boots this year. You wait until middle of next summer and they will all be on the sale rail (how many people are going to pay £300 for them full price).

I got a pair of 'Blimeys',  neoprene with full side zipper, from N&S shooting supplies in Cheshire.

Warm/cool, comfortable and keep my feet dry.

They were great value for money, had them two years no probs.

Cheers,  CB:}

Seconded.

Sounds like ive got the same pair as Country Boy.

Mine are the same as this

I have to say that compared to my first pair which were around £10 from homebase my current le chameau chasseur boots are great and the best being I didn't pay the £200 for them I got them free by doing a learn direct course via the basc a couple of years ago.

Ben

Ive got some poncy leather lined Le chameau dogs danglers jobbies £250 plus quid a pair with zips up the side. Looks like a prop from the local S & M den, rubber fetish & all that.

Didnt pay £250 for them though bought them as part of a job lot in a auction. I was only after the Chest of Drawers (£55.00) they were in the bottom along with other items of gentlemans attire. They were covered in mud and mouldy but probably only been worn the once. You get a lot of that around here. People buying the latest fashion accessory for Badminton or Gatcombe and then chucking it.

Still looking for the elusive Purdey 16 G though.......... :oops:

Ive got some poncy leather lined Le chameau dogs danglers jobbies £250 plus quid a pair with zips up the side. Looks like a prop from the local S & M den, rubber fetish & all that.

Didnt pay £250 for them though bought them as part of a job lot in a auction. I was only after the Chest of Drawers (£55.00) they were in the bottom along with other items of gentlemans attire. They were covered in mud and mouldy but probably only been worn the once. You get a lot of that around here. People buying the latest fashion accessory for Badminton or Gatcombe and then chucking it.

fisherman mike after all that did they fit when you got them home or did you have to cut your toes of :lol:

fisherman mike after all that did they fit when you got them home or did you have to cut your toes of :lol:

Fitted like a glove... :lol: With a pair of thick sea boot socks!

Wouldn't have another pair of Lechameau to throw had 3 pairs and they all left my feet soaked over priced ****e.I put it down to my legs must really sweat.

TOGGI wellies, £60 had them 3 years and they still feel great. Wear just a thin pair of socks with them and they are like gloves.

Cheers :oops:

Aubs