FAC shotgun?

Mr Majyk

i've got two! told the feo when i put in for variation that the first one didn't cycle light loads so just used it on rooks, also mentioned that because it was fac it wasn't worth selling so could i have another one please for pigeons, got it thru straight away, the only thing they pulled me up on was my centrefire choice as i put down 22/250 & .243 for fox and small deer, i couldn't have both and they recommended i have 22/250 only. Which is a bit of a ******, if i was a member of a target club they'd grant me virtually anything i ask for.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got two! told the feo when i put in for variation that the first one didn't cycle light loads so just used it on rooks, also mentioned that because it was fac it wasn't worth selling so could i have another one please for pigeons, got it thru straight away, the only thing they pulled me up on was my centrefire choice as i put down 22/250 & .243 for fox and small deer, i couldn't have both and they recommended i have 22/250 only. Which is a bit of a ******, if i was a member of a target club they'd grant me virtually anything i ask for.

True enough but they would also put a condtion that they can only be used on approved ranges and only be held while a member of said club.

I have a 7.62mm and a .22 with the said conditions on them, I also have a .22 and .17 on the same ticket which can be used anywhere I deem to be safe.

http://www.ukpsa.co.uk/PSGGeneralInfo.pdf

A target discipline designed almost specifically for Section 1 Shotguns. Just remember to get vermin as a condition too!

Just as slight correction mate, to get vermin you will need to show "Good reason" that you will have to prove, once granted a Section 1 Shot gun you have an automatic right to have it granted for "Clay Pigeon" BUT you will have to put that on your FAC Application to get it.

Am I the only one a little uneasy advising someone who has "here bunny bunny bunny, im not gona hurt you, im just gona shoot you in the head skin you then gut you and throw you in the pot for dinner! that wont hurt much now will it?" in their signature on how to get a Section 1 FAC shotgun in circumstances where they don't need one.

Must be a PSG shooter in the making :hmm:

Roger roger, Black Hawk down, clunk click commando roll and over and out.

Am I the only one a little uneasy advising someone who has "here bunny bunny bunny, im not gona hurt you, im just gona shoot you in the head skin you then gut you and throw you in the pot for dinner! that wont hurt much now will it?" in their signature on how to get a Section 1 FAC shotgun in circumstances where they don't need one.

Must be a PSG shooter in the making :yes:

Roger roger, Black Hawk down, clunk click commando roll and over and out.

To be honest as I read through this i was thinking the same thing, maybe a plan to remove the sig... :good:

I also had a vision of that guy in the film 3 kings shooting the car.... :hmm:

I'm no expert on semi's, I'm about to start using one from my next outing onwards.

Apart from anything else already discussed, can you imagine the weight and trying to swing a gun with 8 32g loads in it!! That's around 1/4 of a kilo over and above the guns weight all added to the front!!

Edited by Cosd

Cosd, what you have to remember semi's and pumps only have one barrell so that's a saving on weight, which offsets the cartridge weight, also most guns used on the PSG circuit are around 24-26", so even with the loading port they are still shorter than an O/U, in any event the 10 or 12 rounds are discharged in a few seconds, I don't think a 8, 10 or 12 shot loaded gun is something you would use for an all day bird cull, however the extended Nordic tubes weigh SFA and if you just stuck 3 Carts in I am sure you would notice little difference to the swing.

The pump still makes me GRIN.. :hmm:

in shooting situations really they aren't all that simply because generally things have flown out of range by the time you've take 3 shots. Like Mungler I'm usually uneasy about why peope want them other than the walt factor. Its a lot of agro for not a lot of benefit

To be honest as I read through this i was thinking the same thing, maybe a plan to remove the sig... :/

I also had a vision of that guy in the film 3 kings shooting the car.... :rolleyes:

My exact thoughts also! at least he lives on a island away from the rest of england! :sly:

Edited by tomhw100

in shooting situations really they aren't all that simply because generally things have flown out of range by the time you've take 3 shots. Like Mungler I'm usually uneasy about why peope want them other than the walt factor. Its a lot of agro for not a lot of benefit

There is a walt factor attached to them,mainly I want because I can. But to some there is a need and a use. Yes they are good for rooking, vermin days and rabbiting. Problem is though not many have the right land conditions to make good use of them.

Two gamekeepers local to me dont have them, and I normally take the view that if a gamekeepers has'nt a use for them then they are not much cop. However in this case I disagree as I think they are useful.

As always in this world what is good for one is not for another.

I am intrigued into what goes on at practical shotgun though, is it lots of black jumpsuits,door busting and go,go,go??

Mungler seems to know a bit about it do you do it?

I am intrigued into what goes on at practical shotgun though, is it lots of black jumpsuits,door busting and go,go,go??

No we just wear normal clothes, boots and a cap for when it's sunny so the sun doesn't distract you from the targets. A very fun discipline, but from the sounds of things not very known.

Yep thats it, and before each stage you have to select a song to be played in the background as your theme music for the 'engagement'. I like a bit of AC/DC or Pantera but if is an urban stage i wear a black pinstripe suit and sunglasses and i have on Brian Eno's Forcemaker from the bank robbery scene in Heat. :/:rolleyes:

Mark

Edited by Breastman

Depends on what reason you give I suppose.

when i applied for my section 1 shotgun 7yrs ago i just said that i wanted it for pest and vermin control and also had clay pigeon shooting included on it as well and then got slugs added later for wild boar and deer control with out any probs.Not all fac shotguns are 8 shot mine is just 5 which makes it lighter and hander to carry and use but with an extra 2 shots in the mag.

Just about all the gamekeepers around me use fac shotguns (Benelli's in some form or an other )

Bob.

Yep thats it, and before each stage you have to select a song to be played in the background as your theme music for the 'engagement'. I like a bit of AC/DC or Pantera but if is an urban stage i wear a black pinstripe suit and sunglasses and i have on Brian Eno's Forcemaker from the bank robbery scene in Heat. :lol::angry:

Mark

:lol::lol::lol::good::yes:

Hi Mark

Like you I get fed up with daft comments from others who think they know what PSG is about, or thinks it has some military theme, best to just type stuff like you did & they clear off. :angry:

To comment on the Original Posters sig line, I find it disturbing & somewhat immature.

PSG is simply a target shooting sport where steel plates are knocked down against the clock, it has a governing body worldwide called IPSC. (International Practical Shooting Confederation)

The UKPSA is the shooting association in the Uk that represents the IPSC, it enforces IPSC rules & safety procedures at its matches, runs a national championship & selects teams to represent the UK at foreign competitions.

So if you want to be sure that the PSG your shooting is the true sport & not just a group doing there own version of PSG then ensure your at a UKPSA affiliated club or match.

I have also contacted the guys organising the North V South clay day with a view to entering a team from the ranks of the UKPSA who are also members here. :hmm:

So, Mark if your going to the N v S clay day let me know.

N

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately i'm getting all of my wisdom teeth pulled the Wednesday before the N v S shoot, and while the comfortec stock on the Benelli absorbs a fair amount of recoil i doubt it would be enough to stop me screaming with every shot, and i wouldn't want the shandy-swillers accusing me of trying to distract them! :hmm:

Hope you do get a team together though :good:

Mark

Ok changed my signature. didn't think anyone would find it disturbing as thats essentially what we do, we shoot them we gut them then we eat them? i dunno about anyone else but i sure don't stuff them and put them on the mantle piece so the only other thing to do is eat it! and it tastes goooood. but signature changed sorry peeps.

Anyways thanks to all who've posted you've given me some good info to run on especially the person who put up the link for the practical shot gun. I'm looking to see if there's a group in my area who do it? looks a bit more exciting than clay pigeons (but thats still good to!)

and looks to be a challenging discipline to.

Keep shooting laddles and jelly spoons!

:good: :good: :lol: