whats your day job

mad1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a trained and experianced Gamekeeper, but due to the crushing lack of jobs and huge unemployed from the recession, I'm now working as a Nurse in a metal hospital...

2 very different careers Bleeh....Are you going to go back to Gamekeeping??

Edited by smig4373

2 very different careers Bleeh....Are you going to go back to Gamekeeping??

Hopefully.

The issue that has effected alot of people is due to the poor 08 season, with lots of cheap days going towards the end of that season, alot of people got fired/laid of then, but as there where so many cheap days going towards the end of the 08' season, alot of guns put of booking days for the 09' season, hoping they'd come up cheap again, where as they just simply didn't happen.

This ended up with a fair few shoots closing down, or knocking of the Underkeepers etc. There is now hundreds of people applying for the same jobs, and it's a near impossible market to get back into as there are alot of highly experianced keepers willing to take any jobs going.

To answer the other question, I work in a secure unit, dealing the mentaly unwell who have commited serious crimes, and addicts, etc.

for the last 10 years ive been a Building Control Officer for the Local Authority but took voluntary redundancy so as of last week i'm self employed/free lance doing architectural work, drawing plans and the like for building projects which gives me far more time for shooting and fishing etc

Mikee