car registration numbers

DSPUK

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw PEN15 or something of the sort on a bike

That plate used to belong to Steve Parrish , motorcycle racer in the 70's . He now does the commentary for BBC on the moto gp . I remember him having the plate on his rolls royce , the police pulled him and told him he had to remove it as it was offensive :lol:

I saw a couple of good ones last week, one on a BMW was F19HT U and a Bentley with H1 D HO

There used to be a huge coloured gentleman used to drive around the Maidenhead area in a white Mercedes with the reg no SAM 130 (the 1 & 3 touching each other) :yes:

Got cut up on Parliament Square by Chris Eubank in his Hummer reg no 1 KO, also seen Jimmy Tarbucks Roller reg no COM 1C, and Alan Sugar in his Ferrari F4 S11 GAR.

Wasn't it Fiona Fullerton who had the reg FU 2 ??

Nige

There used to be a huge coloured gentleman used to drive around the Maidenhead area in a white Mercedes with the reg no SAM 130 (the 1 & 3 touching each other) :yes:

Got cut up on Parliament Square by Chris Eubank in his Hummer reg no 1 KO, also seen Jimmy Tarbucks Roller reg no COM 1C, and Alan Sugar in his Ferrari F4 S11 GAR.

Wasn't it Fiona Fullerton who had the reg FU 2 ??

Nige

yup, sure it was a yellow e type, saw it in London many years ago, nearly crashed trying to see if it was her driving it

doc

I saw PEN15 or something of the sort on a bike

In the 1970s it was on a sports car - Mercedes? - driven by Fiona Richmond, then girlfriend of top shelf mag supremo Paul Raymond.

We saw it on a car at a hotel near Heathrow airport when we had been to have dinner with my parents who were in transit on one of their endless round the world trips!

Although Northern Ireland has a different numbering system to the rest of the UK [not date related in any way], you can transfer GB numbers over here and shootong fieldsports related, have seen H1GUN and K9WJT [doggie bit plus owners intitials]

Also someone who previously owned a BMW M5 with M50OPS and a tropical fish lover with KOI1. An earlier prime minister of Northern Ireland got NZ1 for the New Zealand High Commissioner in London and, quite recently, the newly issued Fermanagh registration number OIL1 went for silly money. Quite a lot of fuel tankers in Northern Ireland have OIL****

Cant see the point of spending megabucks on a registration plate but it is harmless enough and provides a bit of amusement when driving around.

I've got a photo at home of an M class Merc with PIK3Y on that I took at a point to point a couple of years ago. Also a Mark III Jag with WOG1 that I took at Le Mans. I'll post them up later if I can find them.

he must have come up in the world now....

this is what P1KEY drives now

Vehicle Make/Model: BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GTC

Vehicle type: CAR

shaun