NORTH WIN, DESTROYS THE SOUTH!!

jko

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with all - great day out depite the rain, scored better than I expected for Hodnet and lost the wooden spoon. :unsure: :sly:

Thanks to all organisers and a great squad. :good::good::good::lol: Bring on next year :yes:

Shame I didn't shoot all round like the last 2

Edited by Yellow Bear

Great day out despite the weather and witnessed some cracking shooting in our group at times, from North and South.

Funniest moment of the day was when one of the group in front was in the stand ready to shoot and shouted 'PULL'.........at which point one of the southern gents proceeded to f@ rt loudly enough that our whole squad was in stitches. :sly::good:

Top day despite the weather and felt like I learned lots watching experienced shooters. :unsure:

Edited by whiskymac

Had a great day today...although my shooting was pityfull.....having only shot at clays once before....I only shot 26 :unsure: :sly: but im pleased i went and cant wait till next years affair....(ill get some practise in next time)....

I didnt achieve the "**** shot" trophey tho......

Well done to the Cat for his high bird and all the other high scorers...

Nick,FCS,stealth,canthitathing(ironic),pete the geek.Letfty,blaze and libs....thanks for the banter and the great company.....Nice 1....

Big well done to ME,Tosspot,The Martins and all else invloved...tip top day...Thanks lads...I think the final total was nearer £3500...RESULT...

UP THE NORTH

oh yeah...almost forgot....Thanks to the person or persons who stuck a "HONK FOR GAY RIGHTS" car magnet on the boot of my car...Didnt see it till i got back to Mansfield....Was driving with my leather hat and sunnies on....Village people come to mind.....You Rotters.... :good::lol:

Edited by smig4373

Myself and Malk shot for the South but on a North Squad, so does that mean we won as well??

Thanks all for a great day out!

Looks like you picked the wrong team :sly::good:

What I wont to know is which team did the sweep stake winner come from :lol::good:

Because a 104 margin was a good call unless your from down south then you must have been on the wacky backy :unsure:

Well Roger me with the bell end of a rag mans trumpet . I will prostrate myself on the ground to a superior force .

Well done every body I am sure you all had fun . Just a bit miffed that I was unable to attend at the last minute because of unforseen circumstances . Again well done every body .

Harnser .

Shame you missed it Harnser, Brilliant day apart from the weather. Saw your PW T-shirt on the table, but i think one of the southern lads used it to dry their eyes.

Great bunch of guys tho`, excellent ground, testing targets and lots of raffle prizes.

Hope to see you all next year.

As has been said before weather could of been a bit better im sure the southerners bought it with them as its sunny now.

i really enjoyed the shoot and the ground was brilliant.

thanks to all the guys for the pleasent banter and the good craic BAZZA/MIFFY/BAGSY/TASHFISHINGMAD/YELLOWBEAR AND THE OTHERS IN THE SQUAD SORRY CANT REMEMBER SCREEN NAMES AT MOMENT.

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS BRING IT ON.....

Funniest moment of the day was when one of the group in front was in the stand ready to shoot and shouted 'PULL'.........at which point one of the southern gents proceeded to f@ rt loudly enough that our whole squad was in stitches. :unsure: :sly:

:good::lol::good: :good: :yes:

Yes - schoolboy-humourtastic :yes:

I thought I was going to have a coronary giggling at that one. I blame that for my 1/8 score on that stand :hmm:

I'm not sure that Team Norgas appreciated 300-watt Bob's wind instrument quite as much as I did.

Excellent timing, I'm sure he'd be able to knock up a tune if he tried. :yes:

Edited by Chard

We definitely claim the moral victory seeing as it was grim oop North and didn't stop raining. :unsure:

FM :sly:

WELL SHOT FERRET MASTER, 71 WITH THAT 20G ... IMPRESSED!

Thanks to your dad for holding the brolley all day for the ref too!

Just got back.

Great day albeit we Southerners are not used to your constant Northern rain and there was plenty of it.

Well done to all those involved.

Obviously it was a Southern victory because:

1. we get to add all the pints we drunk last night to our scores (this makes ME and Fatcatsplat joint high gun each on 112 ex 100)

2. the South got and took home *the real* prize and trophy - yes, we got the log stove -Bagsy put in a great performance in the raffle.

Having never shot Hodnet, I thought it was a cracking ground and it was a very special first time visit for me. Maybe the next time I ever come to shoot it I will not consume 12 pints the night before or have a rough night sleeping with Bagsy in a Travel lodge :unsure: Worry not, we was very gentle.

Once again, well done to those who organised. Thank you to the squad I went out with today - whilst it was raining I was still smiling.

And for all of you who received a free magnetic car badge, perhaps you should send an extra fiver to Matt for the pot in return.

WELL WELL

My first real event and what a day

I was still wet after my 3 hour drive home :lol:

However I thought I would join a squad of strangers as that was the point of day meeting people MOST :unsure: were friendly although there seemed to be a lot of Northern Coaching going on :sly:

Was quite pleased with several straights towards the end even if I did open with a cock out blank on the 1st Stand

50/100 must try harder

THE WINNERS OF COURSE IS GOSH

Well done Matt for organising a great event bring on 2011

Essex Mafia at the Clock Tower was Priceless :good:

Edited by PhilSIDC

Shame about the weather considering yesterday was such a sunny day and tomorrow is forcast fine and sunny - only conclusion I can come to is too many sowfers were up here and bought it with them -- All joking aside well shot cat with 91 and big thanks to everyone who turned up - nice to meet all posters from PW even though I never got to speak to most people there - I am a bit ****** off on raffle - never even got dog ****.

Pleased with my score today - one of my better one's - amazing what a bit of competition can do - everything I had on or carried today is hanging in garage drying out.

dave

:unsure: :sly::good::lol::good:

Yes - schoolboy-humourtastic :good:

I thought I was going to have a coronary giggling at that one. I blame that for my 1/8 score on that stand :lol:

I'm not sure that Team Norgas appreciated 300-watt Bob's wind instrument quite as much as I did.

Excellent timing, I'm sure he'd be able to knock up a tune if he tried. :yes:

It must have been his wind instrument :yes::yes: cos you'd been shooting like a demon all morning til he let rip.

To quote one of your sayings; 'laarf.....he nearly ####'. :hmm:

It must have been his wind instrument :sly::good: cos you'd been shooting like a demon all morning til he let rip.

Dodgy Southern distraction tactics.

I think Mung got me on that stand too, planting ideas in my head that the high bird needed "a Land Rover length of lead".

We were all debating whether it was a LWB Land Rover or a SWB one, but I reckon it was about 3-4 feet :unsure:

Edited by Chard

Had a great day.

I was the only northener on our squad and I must say the southeners were very sympathetic to my rubbish score (A big Thanks to the guys in squad 2 for putting up with a newbie like me).

Even though Catamong was from the south :unsure: iIt was awsome to watch him shoot in our squad, as someone put it .... ' as score to aspire to'

Met some great folk

Had a great time

Thanks again to the organisers - a job well done

Great day & a cracking ground :unsure:

Big up to ME and all the others that organised the whole thing, shame about the weather but it didn't dampen the occassion, there was banter a plenty & it was good to catch up with a few old faces & meet some new PWs.

Remind me never to stay up drinking with Fatcat & Me I felt awful all day and to cap it off I was the only one man enough to brave the day in shorts :sly: who's the Southern Softie now?

I was well happy with my 71 having only shot a handfull of clays in well over a year can't wait for the next one.

SS

Woop woop.

What Pug was it?

As it may have been either Smig or my Dad's car. :sly:

FM :good:

It was mine Ollie....lol....Didnt see it till i got back to Mansfield....Musta looked like a right bender in my leather hat....

Top shooting with the 20 Ollie... :unsure: