Shots fired in Cumbria?

RC45

Only just heard about this am truely saddened to hear it and my heart more importantly than anything goes out to the familys and relatives. I've literally only just got my SGC and was looking forward to picking up my first gun at the end of this week and having a lesson to not only improve my technique but make sure that I was as safe as possible before going out shooting with others, but it all feels extremely hollow now. Not even sure I should buy the shotgun now if it's going to be taken away.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not passing judgement on the debate or the points raised, but at a time like this we would do well to think carefully about how the things we say could be construed before we commit them to the web.

Just saying is all :good:

ZB

Totally agree.

This is such a tragic thing for the people of Cumbria, my thoughts are with those affected by this. I can't understand how low you have to be do do something as mad as this. They say he was just a normal guy :good:

Phil

tragic incident, and my thoughts are with the victims and there families, but talk off banning guns is silly and is not a sensible thing to do, how many people are killed by drink driving and knives each year, we do not talk of banning alcohol, cars or knives.

Time to be rational and stop scaremongering we already have the toughest gun laws in most of the world, you cannot legislate for the insane.......

A new coallition government witht he lib dems, which wants to seem to be taking action and changing things.

A massacre in cumbria with a potentially licensed weapon?

This is a bad day for shooting.

Much worse for the friends and families and my thoughts go out to them.

The reporter on SKY news is full of herself. Putting word's into witnesses mouth's etc. She's also saying how 'people' can get their hands on these 'weapons'

Let's see what the govenment have planned for our (already tough) licensing laws.

-

Yep SKY NEWS are stirring it now, gun control etc,

I just hope this new government don't do the knee jerk reaction that Labour did with the banning of the handguns....tragic as it is, people kill people, not guns.

Heartfelt condolences to the families who’ve lost loved ones only I wonder how long it will be before someone calls for a ban on guns! :good:

After Hungerford we lost semi auto rifles/shotguns.

After Dunblane we lost handguns.

After Whitehaven...???:lol:

And by the way Bazooka Joe it was a Tory government that banned hand guns in a knee jerk reaction following Dunblane. :good:

Hopefully this coalition crew will keep their cool and realise that no matter what you ban you’ll never be able to account for nutters, they’ll always find ways to do themselves in. I just wish they’d leave the innocent others out of it and crawl into a dark corner and top themselves alone. :lol:

sad day for all involved.

regardless of the guns being lawfully held or not, firearms or shotguns its a lose lose situation for all presant and future gun ownership in this country in my opinion. it they were lawfully held were all damned and tarred with the same brush by non shooters fearing it happening again. if they were held outside the law then the same folk who will be tarring lawful gun owners will be shouting the loudest asking for total bans.

Now we can only sit back and hope no kneejerk reaction is offered by those powers that be.

lawfully held or not these firearms where used in an unlawful act making this man a criminal,

BUT what made him flip? what triggered this killing spree? i can't think of any reason that would make me pick up my guns and use them to kill or attempt to kill all those innocent people? why take it out on the innocent? beyond my comprehension

my condolences to all the victims and their families, including the son ....if he is still alive

With regard to the comments about the way the news is reporting this, one thing we can be absolutely sure is that the gutter press of this country is going to do everything it can to whip up a frenzy over this.

Anyone remember the paediatrician getting filled in when the Scum did it's name and shame thing over sex offenders, and the mouth-breathing groupthink mongs just lapped it up and broke out the pitchforks?

Frenzies sell papers. Voices of reason do not.

ZB

why is it allowed that the media are allowed to show images of the innocent victims what must the familys be going through .i for one think that its a total disgrace to show these images we all know the details of what happend.thoughts with all the familys at this sad time.

It sound like he had a shotgun and also some sort of high powered rifle. On bbc website it says that two weapons have been recovered and one witness said "he had a long gun that all most touched the floor with a big scope on the top", and others have said he had a shotgun.