this was the local hard man knocking about with kids half his age,

my nephew gave the bloke a right slapping while the grandson and all this mans

mates watched,the coppers never came that day either and they were

called by several people,his mother came to see us screaming abuse

until she saw the size of the grandson he had been hitting for months,the

grandson never gets bothered now, and doesnt cause bother (doesnt want

to lose his shotgun), but I sometimes wonder the way things are going

how kids can be held back and told not to retaliate,I know everyone wants

the best for thier kids and to live decent lives,but I also believe in self defence

and a little bit of what you get you give back,hope your lads ok and you

get sorted all the cops round here do is give warnings out,constantly. :good:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the one thing we all dread as parents

I know how you feel Martin it really do break your heart too see your child suffering so much pain.

My youngest boy was being pick on when he first started secondary school but lucky for him he had big brother sort it out..

Tell your son that in my eyes he is the better man. I was attacked when i was his age . He has nothing to be a shamed of and he did the right thing in telling you his dad.

I know how your son must be feeling right now scared ,ashamed and blaming himself.

Tell him from me that they are not worth his tears and he will get over it . I had to face my attacker for years to follow I stood tall( though i felt small inside )and not once did i let them see they had beating me

Be strong young man and you will get though it

xxxxSuzy

sorry to hear that mate, but sadly this is the world we now live in. i doubt the police will do anything even if you provided their names and addresses i doubt it would even get to court and even if it went that far, id bet my life nothing would come of it!

i grew up in a rough part of birmingham, and have had the same thing happen to me, as other said try getting him into something to boost his confidence, boxing worked for me. :good:

the last time it happened to me i was 15 and on a bus on my way home from town with my younger brother, two lads around 18 got on and went straight for me. started by searching my pockets and the usual threats etc. now at this time i remember not being scared at all, boxing had tought me control and confidence. i had sparred with guys his size and waited for my moment. he stood up and grabbed my bag, his mate ran off the bus and i let rip....

long story short i broke my hand and he lost some teeth and ran away.

i got home and my parents took me to the hospital and called the police, the next day when the officer visited he told me that as i hit him first i could be the one prosecuted!

probably true but if i could turn back time i would have hit him harder! i hate bullies and most of all i hate the way the law is so warped to protect these scumbag oxygen thieves that will never amount to anything or positively contribute to society!

he will probably be feeling a bit under the weather for a while but no doubt he will bounce back as kids inevitabely do!

This is the one thing we all dread as parents

I know how you feel Martin it really do break your heart too see your child suffering so much pain.

My youngest boy was being pick on when he first started secondary school but lucky for him he had big brother sort it out..

Tell your son that in my eyes he is the better man. I was attacked when i was his age . He has nothing to be a shamed of and he did the right thing in telling you his dad.

I know how your son must be feeling right now scared ,ashamed and blaming himself.

Tell him from me that they are not worth his tears and he will get over it . I had to face my attacker for years to follow I stood tall( though i felt small inside )and not once did i let them see they had beating me

Be strong young man and you will get though it

xxxxSuzy

I tell him that every day :good: He knows he has done the right thing and ive now got to show him the results of the other kids actions. If, like some parents, it gets brushed under the carpet, this type of thing comes back worse. Hope the plod see fit to do the right thing as well, if not, there is a letter going in :lol:

Sorry to hear about your son getting beat up. I think it's something that has and will occur to most people throughout their lives but more so at a young age. To help him gain a bit of confidence I would really think about sending him to boxing or thai boxing as you have a lot of good clubs down there where he can be amongst kids his age and learn about discipline and self defense. You watch he'll grow in himself and soon forget about the attack altogether.

Sorry to hear about your son getting beat up. I think it's something that has and will occur to most people throughout their lives but more so at a young age. To help him gain a bit of confidence I would really think about sending him to boxing or thai boxing as you have a lot of good clubs down there where he can be amongst kids his age and learn about discipline and self defense. You watch he'll grow in himself and soon forget about the attack altogether.

This is his cousin, so ill leave it to the pro's. :good:

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=FLij11yGfiM&...feature=related

MM hope your lads alright.

It is crime like that that the police should deal with as a priority. Whilst there's this high level of casual violence on the streets and fear in law obiding citizens I think the police (or rather those who 'manage' them) should add up the hours spent prosecuting people who drown squirrels (for example). All resources are finite.

If your still getting no joy from the police try asking to speak to an inspector to make a complaint.

Also if your boys ok with it, you could try talking to the local press. Once there involved you will probably get a better police response.

Either way hope he is feeling better and recovering.

Cheers.

ibut with nothing to do in the nights or with nowhere to go the only thing left is to get there kicks by beating up an 11 year old

You are SO wrong. This is the lamest of excuses. What do you mean 'with nothing to do or nowhere to go'? This is ridiculous. They should not roam the streets at night, their parents' company and advice, a good book or some table games (pictionary, taboo or something like that) is all they should need. Children NEED to use their imagination and creativity, they DO NOT NEED to roam the streets drinking, smoking and making a nuisance.

MM I hope your lad is well. We have all taken a beating as children (and we fought back or not) and it did not kill us or scar us for life. Take this opportunity to talk to him about the importance of respect for others and ones' self, decency and being able to stand for oneself. Either by fighting back or by being able to forget it and understand that his future is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than that of these scum.

:good: My son has just been beaten up by a gang of local kids!! :lol: (4.45pm) called the plod at 5pm, and they told me "we will be there in 20 mins". I left the house at 7.30pm to go to work, and nobody had arrived. Just had a phone call from some daft bint to tell me that as its not important, they cant get out to me until tomorrow at some point. My poor lad is sat there in bits. As we all know what the world is like, i dont let him roam the streets like some parents do, and have only let him go out with his friends since the start of this year. Worried that something might happen to him, i do my best to make sure he is safe. He didnt even fight back, as ive always told him that he must not, never fight, as its very wrong. Part of me wants to tell him to him to go and kick the little **** in the pants, but this aint the answer. At 11 years old, he has never given me trouble once, ever! yet these little ****s can burn him with cig ends and kick him to the floor. :good::good: As for the plod, even i am starting to loose faith in their abilities these days.

im really sorry to hear what happened mm, hope he's ok. personally i disagree with the above, i was always brought up being told that you never start a fight but you sure as hell finish it, and if theres any more than 4 of them roll your sleeves up :lol: as much as i hate to say it id rather give someone a caning for starting on me, and so lose my guns and go through a load of **** for it than take a beating because ill get into trouble for defending myself from these type of "poor innocent misunderstood underpriviliged members of our society" aka scum bags :/

ps as for taking him to karate lessons, etc, is karate not classed as an offensive wepon or something equally daft, so if he used it to defend himself could he not be done for it?! :lol:

I think we've all taken a beating at some point Martin. The main thing is that it sounds like your son has come out of it with some experience but no major injuries. I really do hope he is ok? It's sad that the police wont do anything but I firmly believe that it's because they know if they do, the courts wont do their bit anyway! All in all, it's a sorry situation to be in!

I think it's time that you taught your son that fighting isn't always the worst thing that can happen. It is bad, but being a punch bag is worse. When I was at school I wasn't a fighter. In fact I got in trouble once in my whole school career for knocking out a lad that just wouldn't leave me alone. After that I was respected by his mates and him and I went back to being the quiet lad in the corner. If large groups ever started to push a bit too hard the biggest guy was singled out when he was on his own and was shown why they should find someone else to play with. They weren't fights because they never had a chance to fight back.

That's the best way to deal with bullies. Take the biggest one down and do it hard and fast before he has time to think about what's going on. Then tell them that they could maybe get you back with their mates but it will only result in them having a bad time again in the future when they're vunerable.

Some self defense lessons would teach your boy the mixture of skills and respect that he needs to get on safely in his life without being a thug.

Guest CraigBenson

I like the way the Ghurka's do it, they never start a fight (unlike most infantry units) but they always walk away from one the victor. I hope your son has recovered ok. I have always told my kids not to start fights, but if you get forced to, fight anyway that you can so as your not the one hurt if someone starts a fight with you. They should only fight if they can't run.

hope your little ones ok

its sad to say that in this day of age the amount of bullying that takes place is out of hand.

i learned this from experience of my own son ( now 18yrs old and 6`12 and 11 stone ).

he was the excuse for everything and a human punchbag for every bully in his school ( to the point of him talking of self harming) not good i know but he came out stronger and much much wiser than the scum who thought they were untouchable,like you i didnt want my lad to be like those bullying hanging on street corners smoking,drinking and whatever else they get upto but one day had a call from the school asking me to attend because my son had been in a fight with another child, only to say it was one of those who thought my son was a punchbag,well a shock they got as it turned on the other foot (not that i was pleased or proud) but had no control of my son holding onto his emotions any longer.

The will come when all bully,s get the living daylights thrashed out of them and your son will be sitting high and proud laughing at those wimps what always thought they were invincible, when afterall they have nothing left in life but scars as reminders of the chilhood upbringing they had.

Hope your little one is well and by all means he is a much much wiser guy than all of those little mr men will ever be.

:good: My son has just been beaten up by a gang of local kids!! :lol: (4.45pm) called the plod at 5pm, and they told me "we will be there in 20 mins". I left the house at 7.30pm to go to work, and nobody had arrived. Just had a phone call from some daft bint to tell me that as its not important, they cant get out to me until tomorrow at some point. My poor lad is sat there in bits. As we all know what the world is like, i dont let him roam the streets like some parents do, and have only let him go out with his friends since the start of this year. Worried that something might happen to him, i do my best to make sure he is safe. He didnt even fight back, as ive always told him that he must not, never fight, as its very wrong. Part of me wants to tell him to him to go and kick the little **** in the pants, but this aint the answer. At 11 years old, he has never given me trouble once, ever! yet these little ****s can burn him with cig ends and kick him to the floor. :good::good: As for the plod, even i am starting to loose faith in their abilities these days.

pity he was not doing 35 MPH in a 30 MPH zone because thats important or had a bald tyre thats realy important

face it mate , the police are now nothing more than traffic wardens

sorry to hear this happened. at least he is in one piece, hopefully you will be able to get him out and about soon so his confidence will return.

i remember the same type of thing happening when i was a kid, but back then it was just punches being thrown. nowadays you can never tell what might get pulled out.

sorry to hear about your boy. but thats way its going all over the country the scum bags are ruling the streets. the thing is if you dont do anythink about it they( the scumbags) find it as a kind off weaknes the police can not do anythink they got no power am afraid have lost faith in the police its not the police mans fault its the powers to be the dont shout at them brigade the its not little jonnys fault he had to much sugar in is tea when he was little the law cant help us. most off are laws are past in the european courts you cant call the junkys smack heads now because its degrading them but there free to roam around are citys robbing old man woman of the pensions bumming for money . sorry getting all worked up over this hope all works out

the old bill arent so bad they are just tied up in red tape and Seriously under staffed. It would be a great world if there was ten times more coppers on the streets keeping us all safe. But there aint and there never will be or we would be paying ten times more tax .

I was bullied at the age of ten . This inspired me to take up judo . Which is all about defence not attack . I had been going for about 5 months . When the school bully chose me to be filled in . I ran off chased by him and his mates. It was then i made a stand . As they came at me i grabbed the bully and made a simple throw , lobbing him over my shoulder . He banged his head on the way down knocking him out cold and landed in a puddle . All his mates stood laughing at him and i never got bothered again

What a sham the police are! Just got back from the cop shop, as again, they were too busy ,to come to me. Went through the whole thing again with a nice WPC who semed like she was switched on. Turns out the main culprit is 11 and has previous already. They know where to collect him from..etc..etc..

All we now do is wait and see how long it takes for him to recive his 'offical police caution' :rolleyes:

DEAL WITH THE ****** PARENTS!!! thats the only way. Remove their alcohol privs, and take away their free council house. That should make them take notice!!! (just venting off there guys, no offence to anyone) :good:

My 13 year old was bullied at school by an older kid and the other kid asked him out and threw the first punch. My boy who is smaller, smacked the living daylights out of him. The older boy went to the police and my boy got a caution.

My biy didn't do wrong and I would suggest fighting back next time, I don't understand why you let someone beat you until something gives in, like eyesight etc.

He was never bothered after that and the caution will dissappear. More importantly he wasn't damaged, in the real world, not the UK, it wouldn't have been mentioned. Our laws are riduculous and protecting yourself is looked down on. I would rather fight back than let someone beat me to death.