What are you scared of?

bullet boy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm terrified of snakes! blush.gif I don't know why and I can not remember any time when I might have had a "close encounter" with a snake that could have created that fear in me!

Thats inherant in everyone, its a primevil fear...I love em.

The only thing apart from my own death that scares me is........ :good: the dark :oops: i have appalling night vision due to being colourblind!!

Why you might ask do i go lamping on my own at night? Because i have a bloody gun in my hand!!! Still have the odd brown trouser moment especially like tonight when a deer dashes off close by...phhhaaarrrrrp!!

oh, and following through.pharp...splat.................. :blush:

Only thing that gives me the creeps is part of the old farmhouse at work where footsteps have been herd,if ure the last out the door u have to go past this suicide spot,its always cold,and u can feel a hand coming to touch u on the shoulder,sufice to say we moved the entire factorys lighting control button to another spot to avoid this cold spot. Apart from that ide say scared of losing my kids,sight,licence,wife,dogs,cat,house,car,£38,000 000 I've got in the bank! I wish !

I've not got any fears that really ruin me. Like some people go into a blind panic if they see a spider or snake. I can deal with anything I've come across so far in life.

Dislikes though are spiders, snakes and heights. Spiders and snakes I can pick up and move but it makes me uneasy. Heights are probably the worst and get me above house apex height in a tree and I'm literally shaking! For a guy who does a lot of tree work that's not ideal but I have lads who climb for me. Large fairground rides, the London Eye. I avoid things like that!

My mrs hates things that fly. Moths make her leap around the room screaming?! I just don't get it because to me nothing is going to be solved by that. I've always been fairly rational in dealing with something I don't like - it's the only way to get out of the situation!

Edited by njc110381

Hights-but stick me in a plane and im fine ? work that out :good:

My Mrs is the same. Just can't work it out. I'm the opposite. Fine with heights (although I do suffer from a type of vertigo called BPPV but has nothing to do with being up high) but get me in a plane and I'm filling my pants. Not that I'm especially scared of flying but because I have a fear of something going wrong during the course of the flight. Keep meaning to have flying lessons to help me get over it. It's something I talked myself into so I'm sure as hell can talk myself out of it again.

A friend of the boss is scared of balloons, but then again she is mental.

Say no more. Being a woman she's bound to be mad to some degree.

Hights-but stick me in a plane and im fine ? work that out :good:

Strange, isn't it? I am the same and a psychologist I used to work with told me it is called "Bathophobia - a fear of falling from a high place".I am fine if I feel that I cannot fall. I used to work in theatre lighting years ago and up in the theatre lofts changing lights 100+ foot up was no problem, as I was wearing a harness, but 50 foot up on a bridge parapet - Oh, No, No, NO !!!! :oops:

Edited by Bloke

If anyone comes up behind me and puts there hand over my mouth !=ballistic !!

Any pressure on my chest ,that would affect my breathing ! =ballistic !!

One nightmare is being stuck head first in a narrowing tunnel with my hands along my sides and not in front !=Ballistic

YEP! you want sore bits all over your body ! Try putting your hand over my mouth !=Ballistic ,flailing arms,screaming , kicking ,punching , bite,s , and anything I can get my hands you will be be used to beat you with !!!

Think that kind of explains it :good: