• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well funny.

To be 23 and get insurance on that you must be:

1. a lottery winner

2. a footballer

3. a drug dealer

Mind you, it was up North. If you have 50 dole books in different names then anything is achievable.

lad I work with he is 22 had a lotus Elise exige he paid his insurance by instalments and worked OT to cover the cost ( over 2 K) he is now planning to get a lambo and I don't doubt he will, aye its grim up north but grimmer down south.

KW

Well funny.

To be 23 and get insurance on that you must be:

1. a lottery winner

2. a footballer

3. a drug dealer

Mind you, it was up North. If you have 50 dole books in different names then anything is achievable.

A mate of mine had an Evo FQ330 at 23, his insurance was about £8k a year TPF&T. He was an IT Contractor back in the silly money days, no mortgage etc, but your average 23 year old not a chance.

Best bet is mummy and daddy are minted as Hale is a very upmarket area.

Jon.

Oh come on - their coppers same as council workers - you can be **** at job and promoted out of the way if you make a balls up.- seen it seen it and been on end of it - jeez come on into the real world -- If on the other hand you were in private sector that's a different matter.

oh dear here is another one getting the sack shortly ( quite right to) big question is why has it taken two years to get this sorted, another prime example of "to serve and protect"

KW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-11190561

Why just be sacked? Surely this should go to court as assult. Then he can be sacked, followed by a jail sentence.

Why just be sacked? Surely this should go to court as assult. Then he can be sacked, followed by a jail sentence.

Further down the article it says it is going to court.

Andrews, who has been suspended on full pay since his conviction, is due to be sentenced for the assault at Oxford Magistrates' Court on Tuesday. He is also to face a police misconduct hearing.

Why on full pay is the question I would be asking.

Saw that on the news. Very nasty indeed.

The CCTV captures the flow of blood from the woman's face hitting the floor in the cell and there's a fair bit of it.

No need for that at all. He looks about 6' and 15 stone and her about 5' 2" and 8 stone. And of course he was the sergeant i.e. promoted up and in charge of the custody suite.

Nice.

As above, no idea why this would take 2 years to get to this point or why he has been suspended on full pay.

You have got to be a complete idiot to crash either EVO OR Scooby I have found even though my scooby is slower than my M5 its faster point to point and to make the scooby break loose is very hard where the M5 spins in 4th at 100mph in the wet.

Crumpets the EVO only has 270 bhp not really all that much IMO.

Very silly boys having said that the car is covered by the police forces insurance .

Regards OTH

oh dear here is another one getting the sack shortly ( quite right to) big question is why has it taken two years to get this sorted, another prime example of "to serve and protect"

KW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-11190561

I read about that today. I can't help but feel that there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. As she refused to be breath tested she may have been drunk and perhaps physically abusive to the police officer before entering the station.

I'm in no way saying that what he did was excusable (it was absolutely awful), I just think that he probably didn't mean to hurt her like that and she probably provoked him. If you look at how she fell as well, she could have put her arms down to stop herself face-planting the floor, but maybe she was absolutely hammered. I dunno, just my 2c!

I read about that today. I can't help but feel that there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. As she refused to be breath tested she may have been drunk and perhaps physically abusive to the police officer before entering the station.

I'm in no way saying that what he did was excusable (it was absolutely awful), I just think that he probably didn't mean to hurt her like that and she probably provoked him. If you look at how she fell as well, she could have put her arms down to stop herself face-planting the floor, but maybe she was absolutely hammered. I dunno, just my 2c!

she never got done for failing to take a breath test? she apparently was not drunk, she was emotional yes and probably more than a little uncooperative but to be swept off your feet by a 6ft odd cop then thrown to the ground and ( the only thing hammered was her head) have your face bashed into the ground is not on, simple as,note also he HAS already been found guilty of assault so no doubt all the bleeding heart excuses will have been put forward to try and defend yet another uniformed thug,seemingly to no avail this time, lets see what the sentence is.

KW

Ms Somerville had been detained for failing to provide a sample for a breath test

from that link you posted kdubya, sounds like shed been difficult :hmm:

funny they never did her for it?perhaps to much assumption made after finding her asleep in a car its a bit like the guy charged for falling asleep at a football match ( mind it was the smoggies) understandable but was it illegal? either way whether ****** spitting or just plain horrible they had a duty of care to this woman, a duty so readily omitted, same class as delroy smelly perhaps?

KW

she refused to co-operate and didnt give a breath sample, i doubt the conversation went "can we have a breath sample?", "eh, no you cant, sorry", "oh ok then come to the station", "righto, off we go!"

im sure there was a bit more aggro in there than that! now whether as a drunk driver/in charge of vehicle who refused to co-operate with the police she deserved to have her face smashed into the floor is debateable, i know a couple of people who have had family killed by drunk drivers who would argue that its nothing close to what she deserves, but the cop broke the law and he got done for it, seemples. i do have to wonder how much crime would go down if people thought they were going to get a hiding rather than get a slap on the wrist and half an hours community service from some liberal judge :hmm: actually no, i dont have to wonder, 10 years ago there was very very little crime or anti social behaviour in my town. now the place is full to the brim of druggies, burglar's, travellers, etc. simple reason? the guys with balaclava's and baseball bats kept the place in order, now theyre all retired! :good::hmm:

ps and she possibly wasnt done because the police tried to cover it up "you let it drop and we wont charge you" sort of thing, but she probably saw pound sisgns floating in front of her eyes after the swelling went down :good: :good:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

she refused to co-operate and didnt give a breath sample, i doubt the conversation went "can we have a breath sample?", "eh, no you cant, sorry", "oh ok then come to the station", "righto, off we go!"

im sure there was a bit more aggro in there than that! now whether as a drunk driver/in charge of vehicle who refused to co-operate with the police she deserved to have her face smashed into the floor is debateable, i know a couple of people who have had family killed by drunk drivers who would argue that its nothing close to what she deserves, but the cop broke the law and he got done for it, seemples. i do have to wonder how much crime would go down if people thought they were going to get a hiding rather than get a slap on the wrist and half an hours community service from some liberal judge :hmm: actually no, i dont have to wonder, 10 years ago there was very very little crime or anti social behaviour in my town. now the place is full to the brim of druggies, burglar's, travellers, etc. simple reason? the guys with balaclava's and baseball bats kept the place in order, now theyre all retired! :good::hmm:

ps and she possibly wasnt done because the police tried to cover it up "you let it drop and we wont charge you" sort of thing, but she probably saw pound sisgns floating in front of her eyes after the swelling went down :good: :good:

What a load of old poop.

The old "there must be more to this" tripe to defend the indefensible. Did you watch the CCTV?

What do *the facts* say? Oh, yeah, don't worry about those getting in the way eh?

Oh well.

the odd thing is the cctv shows her being dragged towards the cell, now if she wasn't drunk tiredness doesn't make you do that. Police deal with drunk obstructive people most evenings so I can half see why you'd drag someone about but that doesn't make it right. The simple thing is had it been Mungler or I we wouldn't have refused a test, had we failed it would have walked to the cells not needing help so something was up.

I had a friend who died in custody in Stevenage police station, he was taken in for being drunk and commiting arson however it was a mentall illness problem so there are possible reasons. My inkling is it would be nice to know the copper before saying it was completely because he felt like stoving her face in.