F.A.C. OPENED UP

mikee

Postie just popped my new FAC through the door, upon inspection I think it has been opened, I sent it in a few weeks ago to have my ammo holding for the .243 increased so I can purchase and keep expanding missiles for reloading.

if you guys could confirm if its open or not, the wording says

the .22lr and mod, .17hmr + mod shall be used for shooting vermin or zeroing on ranges or over land which the holder has lawfull authority to shoot

the .243 + mod shall be used for shooting deer and fox or zeroing on ranges or over land which the holder has lawfull authority to shoot

also had my 243 ammo holding upped to, buy 400 and posses 550

mikee

Postie just popped my new FAC through the door, upon inspection I think it has been opened, I sent it in a few weeks ago to have my ammo holding for the .243 increased so I can purchase and keep expanding missiles for reloading.

the .22lr and mod, .17hmr + mod shall be used for shooting vermin or zeroing on ranges or over land which the holder has lawfull authority to shoot

the .243 + mod shall be used for shooting deer and fox or zeroing on ranges or over land which the holder has lawfull authority to shoot

mikee

yes that open...happy days! :hmm:

have you done dsc or any rifle safety courses that basc or bds run, anything that would sway their vote is good,

how well do you get on with the feo and folks in the licencing dept, i quite often ring up and ask questions, one so i know the answer to what ive asked and secondly so they get to know who i am, when i send scg or fac in i take it in and meet the ladies who work there and have a chat or laugh with them if i can, anything so they get to know who and what you are about not just another number, seems to have worked, give it a go

mikee

I haven't done any courses. I kind of get on with my feo buts he not the sort of chap who likes small talk, when I last asked he said there is absolutely no chance whatsoever he'll even consider it until 3 years of holding the fac, and even then I'm not to hold my breath.

Like I said, I only really want the air opening, for lots of paddocks around the farm that have been sold to new locals with horses, they are all attached to the farm, but many for whatever reason are reluctant to have a land survey done by the police.

I also can't pop in, the department is at Leicestershire police head quarters, which is miles away and won't just let MOP's in.

Thanks for the advise.

have you done dsc or any rifle safety courses that basc or bds run, anything that would sway their vote is good,

how well do you get on with the feo and folks in the licencing dept, i quite often ring up and ask questions, one so i know the answer to what ive asked and secondly so they get to know who i am, when i send scg or fac in i take it in and meet the ladies who work there and have a chat or laugh with them] if i can, anything so they get to know who and what you are about not just another number, seems to have worked, give it a go

mikee

oooohhh you little sleaze...may try this tactic myself!lol! :hmm::hmm: :hmm:

Well done that man.

No chance for people in my area getting to know their FEO because we don't currently have one - that means we get whoever's available from another patch.

Also - you can't get within 100 feet of the NE Met Police FET offices (yes, I have tried and got confronted) - you can't drive up to the entrance and if you go on foot security get bent out of shape and someone comes out to shoo you away. Also the postcode is the opposite side of town to where the actual offices are - pretty clear message there...

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't done any courses. I kind of get on with my feo buts he not the sort of chap who likes small talk, when I last asked he said there is absolutely no chance whatsoever he'll even consider it until 3 years of holding the fac, and even then I'm not to hold my breath.

Like I said, I only really want the air opening, for lots of paddocks around the farm that have been sold to new locals with horses, they are all attached to the farm, but many for whatever reason are reluctant to have a land survey done by the police.

I also can't pop in, the department is at Leicestershire police head quarters, which is miles away and won't just let MOP's in.

Thanks for the advise.

I can maybe pop over with my FAC Cyclone for us to have a go at them if thats any use mate.

Well done mikee . Oh the joys of living in a county with a properly run firearms licencing dept and run by shooting men themselfs . If you remember from one of our little chats I told you that you would have no problem getting an open ticket . The licencing people know who they are dealing with .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

Thanks for the advise.

i know what you mean about people not wanting the hassle of getting bits of land cleared - i have been asked a few times by people (mostly on adjacent bits of land) to shoot - most people dont understand why its ok for me to shoot one side of the hedge, but not the other - and as soon as you start asking for the police to come and look at the land they dont want the agro.! i'm going to talk to the licencing dept to see if they will open mine up ; i've been throuugh plenty of ammo, and will see if i can make a case to get it opened up - does anyone know what the formal guidance is around this? anyone had any help from BASC?

i know what you mean about people not wanting the hassle of getting bits of land cleared - i have been asked a few times by people (mostly on adjacent bits of land) to shoot - most people dont understand why its ok for me to shoot one side of the hedge, but not the other - and as soon as you start asking for the police to come and look at the land they dont want the agro.! i'm going to talk to the licencing dept to see if they will open mine up ; i've been throuugh plenty of ammo, and will see if i can make a case to get it opened up - does anyone know what the formal guidance is around this? anyone had any help from BASC?

I got mine opened up after 1 year but with NO help from BASC (yes Im a full member and have been for a few years and still am). They did not want to know and didn't offer any help what so ever and also told me that I had no chance of having it opened up so soon. A quick email to my feo and was told to send my license in and it would be done, not even a covering letter needed so good luck if you try involving BASC hope they do more for you than they did for me.

mikee

good stuff! Seems some of you have to jump through hoops to try and get it opened up,(when I first recieved my FAC it was open and that was at the ripe old age of 17 ;) ).

Hapy shooting! :)

mikee

:good: Yes all is open, unlike mine you lucky lad.

:yes: Mine reads as follows:-

The .22RF and 12 bore shotgun and .22RF ammunition shall be used fore shooting vermin and ground game and for zeroing on ranges, or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot

The .243 Rifle and .243 ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game/fox/deer and for zeroing on ranges, or land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

The .243 rifle and ammunition can only be used whilst accompanied by an experienced centrefire user.

Its due for renewal next year so hopefully some of the above will change.