Mega day on the drillings..................

Catamong

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done chaps :hmm:

Were the majority young birds?

Oh & I'm most disappointed that the birds weren't carefully laid out in rows of 20s :o Amateurs :hmm:

SS

Yeah, a good number were young birds.

We simply didn't have the time or the inclination to lay them all out in rows, (the line would have stretched half way to Shenley :lol:), what you can see there is the pile of dead birds prior to the proper pick up, the green sack on the left was already full and there were still loads more to collect, how we got them all, plus the dog in the back of Gazza's Frontera I will never know. :lol:

Pigeons231010004.jpg

Cat.

Yeah, a good number were young birds.

We simply didn't have the time or the inclination to lay them all out in rows, (the line would have stretched half way to Shenley :hmm:), what you can see there is the pile of dead birds prior to the proper pick up, the green sack on the left was already full and there were still loads more to collect, how we got them all, plus the dog in the back of Gazza's Frontera I will never know. :lol:

Pigeons231010004.jpg

Cat.

Hi Cat & Gary

The tree in the top left of your pic is where i shot on the sunday. Not so many birds but at least you left me a few :lol:

PELTMAN :hmm:

Cat/Gary, you mentioned "Heavy overnight rain meant a late start, we weren't in position till gone 9.00", just out of interest did you not start earlier because it was still raining or is there another reason that you shouldn't start at day break for example if it was raining overnight because the pigeons don't feed first light or something?

Thanks in advance....

Edited by Cosd

Cat/Gary, you mentioned "Heavy overnight rain meant a late start, we weren't in position till gone 9.00", just out of interest did you not start earlier because it was still raining or is there another reason that you shouldn't start at day break for example if it was raining overnight because the pigeons don't feed first light or something?

Thanks in advance....

you mean other than time spent in the pub the night before or girlfriend not willing to release him earlier :hmm:

you mean other than time spent in the pub the night before or girlfriend not willing to release him earlier :hmm:

I did consider those reasons as well, but then I thought this might be learning something new on pigeon behaviour from the Cat.

What a TOP day lads. Looks like Gary kept his young springer busy. Met up with Garyb a few months ago when he was in my area, great to see he`s shooting well, and the dogs training coming along too. Also met up briefly with Cat on the PW charridy shoot earlier this year where he was top gun .Having seen him shoot, those pigeons have no chance. Well done guys :whistling::hmm::hmm:

''Gazza's markmanship was spot on despite the fact that he was using a 20 bore''

:yes: whats wrong with a 20 bore?? plenty use them for all shooting with good results

or is it that he usually uses soemthing else??

Cracking day by the sounds of it :blush:

nice pics

bet that dog was shattered after picking up!!

Edited by TJ91