Parking

kernel gadaffi

I spent an hour yesterday and another hour today clearing the snow from my car and digging around it to enable me to get out to do some food shopping, lo and behold, when I get back, the ***** over the road from me had parked one his cars in the space I cleared, to say I was fuming was an understatement, roll back to

January this year (another snowy period), he had a guy working at his house and took up two parking spaces in the street, there was an empty skip in his drive, so I decided to park in front of his drive for a few minutes to drop some shopping off, I hadn't been in the house a minute and he was banging on my door, after answering the door he promptly told me he was waiting for a skip wagon to collect it, (it was 3pm on a Sunday afternoon, I don't know any skip hire firms that work on a Sunday), I said, "a skip wagon coming to collect an empty skip, was it full when it was delivered?", he started to whine on, I stated to him, "If you had the tiniest amount of brains in your head, you would have parked one of your cars in front of your own drive to make sure that there was an empty space available when you moved your car as and when the skip wagon arrived", he then started crying, I told him if he waited a few moments I'd move my car when I'd got my shopping in the house, he still went his ends, I'd had enough by then and told him where to go, he then told me has was going to call the police as I was restricting the access to his property, I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

So can anyone tell me what the details of parking outside someones house is, I've been told I can park outside a house if there's no vehicle on the drive but not if there is?

He hasn't answered his door to me today, I reckon he won't either, so I'll just have to wait and catch him in the street. :angry:

I've just had an e-mail from a mate who is a solicitor and the law states, "if the vehicle is taxed and all other paperwork is in order, the vehile can be parked anywhere but on yellow lines or where there are local restrictions", I'll be parking my car in front of his drive tomorrow and I'll be handing the ***** a copy of the paperwork my mate is going to send me, Sunday is going to be a :good: day :D

Typical neighbour dispute that rise from nothing and fester for years - please don't call the police as you'd be as big a time waster as the woman who got her snowman stolen and reported it. Your neighbour sounds like a plonker but as stated has as much right as you or anyone else to park wherever he wants (road restrictions allowing). Just like family, you can't choose your neigbours.

Parking is a pain where my daughter works (near Romford, Essex) so she parked on a residential street and a small part of her car (a Ka) was in front of somebody's drive. There was still plenty of space for the car to get out. When she got back to the car she had a parking ticket (causing an obstruction I believe), a note from the resident telling her not to park there again and four slashed tyres. Nice for a youngster earning not much more than minimum wage.

Situations like this one do wind you up to the hilt but sometimes it consumes you and makes you feel worse, I am not disagreeing with your actions because I think I would be as mad as you, BUT sometimes if you can step back and chill out you will feel better.

Oh and revenge is always best served cold. :good::good:

edited to say remember not to do anything to affect your licence

Edited by harrycatcat1

I spent an hour yesterday and another hour today clearing the snow from my car and digging around it to enable me to get out to do some food shopping, lo and behold, when I get back, the ***** over the road from me had parked one his cars in the space I cleared, to say I was fuming was an understatement,

That's an easy one KD,......go back out on the night, early doors, & all the snow that you have moved for your parking space, shovel it back all around his car. :yes:

When he's moved the snow & drives away, park your car back in,

In this freezing weather you could always be a good samaritan and help to keep his windscreen free from frost by smearing a block of lard over it.

It works great, keeps the frost off but unfortunately its an absolute swine to remove without loads of hot water and detergent.

Still, it a small price to pay for having a clear windscreen..... :rolleyes:

Stick some bannanas in his tail pipe...... Like in the film beverly hills cop....

Then when you see him he can say in a Black American accent "I aint fallin for no bannana in de tail pipe trick" :lol:

Actually Parking on a Public highway without restrictions is completely legal as long as an obstruction is not being being caused. However you cannot park in front of someones private drive whether it is occupied or not.

I've just been outside and had a word with the **** across the road and as I expected, he was totally uninterested in what I had to say, I did mention that out of decency he could have left me the space, I also told him it'd taken me two hours to clear the snow from off and around my car, he then said that he'd cleared the snow from in front of my car to help me out, (he hadn't), he then told me that it was his parking space that I'd taken, I asked him if he owned the road, he didn't answer, (he doesn't), then he really ****** me off by lifting the bonnet of his car and ignored me, so I told him in no certain terms that I would and will park my car anywhere I like which is legal to do so, he then put his head down, so I came in the house.

My mate, the solicitor has just called me and told me to read rule 243 of the highway code and this is it-:

Do not park in front of an entrance to a property.

He's told me that because of the "cloudy" nature of this rule, if I chose park in front of his drive the police and council would spend their time deciding who's regulation it was and achieve nothing, had the rule stated -:

You must not park infront of an entrance to a property.

The law is different and must be adhered to, I'm going to bide my time.

I've just been outside and had a word with the **** across the road and as I expected, he was totally uninterested in what I had to say, I did mention that out of decency he could have left me the space, I also told him it'd taken me two hours to clear the snow from off and around my car, he then said that he'd cleared the snow from in front of my car to help me out, (he hadn't), he then told me that it was his parking space that I'd taken, I asked him if he owned the road, he didn't answer, (he doesn't), then he really ****** me off by lifting the bonnet of his car and ignored me, so I told him in no certain terms that I would and will park my car anywhere I like which is legal to do so, he then put his head down, so I came in the house.

My mate, the solicitor has just called me and told me to read rule 243 of the highway code and this is it-:

Do not park in front of an entrance to a property.

He's told me that because of the "cloudy" nature of this rule, if I chose park in front of his drive the police and council would spend their time deciding who's regulation it was and achieve nothing, had the rule stated -:

You must not park infront of an entrance to a property.

The law is different and must be adhered to, I'm going to bide my time.

A few years ago a similar arguement over parking came about between two neighbours of mine. It was nothing to do with me, and it came to a head when I came home one day and one of the fellas had came home from work with a forklift and dragged this other blokes car right out of his access and across the road. Police were called and If I remember rightly they could'nt do alot either.

Edited by starlight32

a mate had this in Bristol commuters blocking his driveway, basically you can't park between dropped kerbs marked or not. In his case he got one drivers car towed by the council in the end, so though the guy is being a ****** its only going to escalate if you block his, best option is borrow the contents ofr a grit bin and spread it on a few spaces :good:

• 2 months later...

i have the same grief with , shall we say one of our ethnic lot, all because we rent and they bought their prop.

They had their kerb dropped and drive built but because we would not go halfs on the party wall ( our landlord won't pay), we have had loads of grief.

Notes shoved through door, exsessive noise including banging on walls,gas board keep coming to house say they want to check for leaks reported by next door and the list goes on.

Last year i paid for digital tv arial to be fitted to chimmney, my mate the installer said this old disconntinued arial going to next door wants taking down before it does some damge, shall i remove it? i said no as i could no get answer at door.

week later high winds and said arial came down crashed into and tangled with my arial... me loss of tv signal.

Cut long story short this went on for 3 months.

i had noise people out regarding noise levels gave them recordings dates times, they even heard it. Their answer was turn your tv up.

I said whats the point i cant get picture either now.

then i had to get local plod out, as next doors brother came round and said he would punch my head in ( on my doorstep). so red rag to a bull i replied ok go for it and stepped off my door tred ( still on my property) and advanced at him........ he backed off to otherside of my gate where i stopped at this point.

Plod came and said ' we cant do a great deal about your tv etc but we will caution the brother'.

I even hinted at the offending arial might suddenly disappear ( do it myself) ......... they suggested not to go that route.

I also said as you are awre i have shoguns and i dont want any grief but i am left with no choice but to call you.

They said try not to get involved........... HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT?

anyway it was close on 3half months before i got my tv back.

seems to me any authorties dont want to get involved, race and all that..

Now we just try to ingnore them, shame cuz their kids try to speak to us, and they are told in thier lanugauge not to talk to us.

i can only presume this as by the kids actions and look on their faces as they turn away.

More recent i parked in front of her house to nip in and get water proof, on return she came out and said i could not park here, i said i could, she said i want to get the car out. i said i take then you have passed your test now then, if you have then great but i would not move your car off the drive you have no road tax on it, its, 8months out of date.

She went off saying something

Edited by djgeoff