How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

The FITASC at Kegworth was cancelled due to a bereavement, I went to Grange Farm, not the most exciting shooting ground, did a 91, then went down to Northampton, did a 90 there.

Neither layout was particularly testing, I won't be dreaming about the targets in bed tonight. :lol:

Cat

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to Catton today and shot with magman, magboy & chard. I ended up with an 84 which was 2nd in class when I left.

I just dropped the odd ones and twos most of the way round with one disastrous stand. Very happy how I shot seeing as I have had a loss of form of late. :good:

I felt sorry for chard where one Muppet ruined his stand and messed his head up for the rest of the day.

A word of warning don’t shout boo boo boo anywhere near chard from now on as you are liable to get punched. :no:

Went to Marne Barracks today, he had a 60 bird, 8 stand layout with a couple of very tasty stands on.I only managed a 40 ex 60 with a complete duck on one of the tastier stands, so paid for an extra 8 clays. result 7ex8, :huh: How do we do that? :huh: Thus ended with a 47 ex 68.I think Paul shot 51 ex60. Did you win it Paul?.. from Auntie. :yes:

Went to Marne Barracks today, he had a 60 bird, 8 stand layout with a couple of very tasty stands on.I only managed a 40 ex 60 with a complete duck on one of the tastier stands, so paid for an extra 8 clays. result 7ex8, :huh: How do we do that? :huh: Thus ended with a 47 ex 68.I think Paul shot 51 ex60. Did you win it Paul?.. from Auntie. :yes:

That stand was rather tasty! The looping, going away was best shot early - you could just put it on your bead then. The crosser needed bags and bags of lead - I hit my last one and there was quite a delay between firing and the clay breaking. A 53 won it - if only I'd had my own gun and wasn't still half cut from last night! :lol:

Catton Hall reults from yesterday are here

Congrats to Timps and Mr Potter :good:

Cheers nick, :good: I paid for this shoot with the winnings you picked up from Kingsley for me, I finally got them of Chard :blink:, so it was quite a good day :D.

Did the 85 get you anything at Kingsley ?

Cheers nick, :good: I paid for this shoot with the winnings you picked up from Kingsley for me, I finally got them of Chard :blink:, so it was quite a good day :D.

Did the 85 get you anything at Kingsley ?

Nice one :lol:

The 85 got me top of B at Kingsley - full results here. Well done to Whiskymac for winning C class :yes::good:

I went to my regular ground at Otley and shot 25ex50 :angry: I was gutted, a couple of weeks ago i shot 35ex50..... I've only been shooting for three months and using a loaner gun so hopefully theres room for improvement.

Don't get despondent, this ground sounds like the one just up from Asquith and i think they alter the layout every couple of weeks. It may just mean that the clays were more suited to you last time but the best way forward is just to keep going and eventually you will start to consitantly hit the ones you are missing now.If you do a small chart over a year,( unless you have a problem that needs a coach), you will see steady growth. from Auntie :)

Don't get despondent, this ground sounds like the one just up from Asquith and i think they alter the layout every couple of weeks. It may just mean that the clays were more suited to you last time but the best way forward is just to keep going and eventually you will start to consitantly hit the ones you are missing now.If you do a small chart over a year,( unless you have a problem that needs a coach), you will see steady growth. from Auntie :)

Thanks auntie, I think it might help if the gun was a better fit... maybe it is now I don't know, but I'll have to wait until I buy one. The club I go to over looks leeds bradford airport.

Edited by adam_r