How well did we shoot today? 2011 edition.

paulos

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shot my first trap competition since stopping for the game season last October. I went to Rugby to shoot 100 ABT, scoring 21, 23, 21 and 24 to finish on 89 and second in class. Missed the final bird on three rounds including the last one for a straight :oops:

I shot the fitasc at Woolley today,a really good shoot with some varied and testing targets.

Started a bit steady with odd ones slipping away but got it together half way through to finish on 84.

Paulos joined our 'Hit Squad' for his first go at this discipline :good: He can be very proud of himself,well done :yes::good::good:

Azzurri.

I shot the fitasc at Woolley today,a really good shoot with some varied and testing targets.

Started a bit steady with odd ones slipping away but got it together half way through to finish on 84.

Paulos joined our 'Hit Squad' for his first go at this discipline :good: He can be very proud of himself,well done :yes::good::good:

Azzurri.

Cheers Azzurri :yes: and well shot :good:

Really enjoyed that today - nice setting and one of the best clubhouses I've seen yet! A good mix of targets on, with a few steady ones and plenty of testing, rangy ones. FITASC certainly punishes sloppy technique or lapses in concentration! Gutted to hear that it was the last one there until October though :oops:

Shot a very interesting round at Shugborough today finishing on a 79. Whiskymac joined me on a stunning 79 :good: and Timps edged us both with a cracking 82 :yes::good:

Both Whiskymac and Timps were leading their respective classes when we left and thoroughly well deserved too :yes: :yes: :good:

Shot a very interesting round at Shugborough today finishing on a 79. Whiskymac joined me on a stunning 79 :good: and Timps edged us both with a cracking 82 :yes::good:

Both Whiskymac and Timps were leading their respective classes when we left and thoroughly well deserved too :yes: :yes: :good:

Well shot Nick it was busy there today we did'nt finish till 2pm. I finished on a 95 but it looks like I was bridesmaid again by missing 3 of them orange ones on the last stand by the gate :oops::oops:

Azzurri.

First go at FITAAAAAAARSC? Is that what he told you? ******* students <_<

I shot the same FITASC shoot as Azzurri and Paulos but without the respectable scores!!!! My excuse was that it was freezing cold and I am suffering from man-flu but in reality I just had a bad day and shot ****. Our first layout was my worst with a stunningly dismal 15 x 32 :oops::oops::oops: and although I felt worse as the day went on my scores improved slightly to a 24 and 25 ex 34. So I finished on a 64 x 100 and will just have to learn to live with the shame :blush::blush:

Good, tough targets and as Paulos said a brilliant clubhouse and catering (it's a golf club) but no more until next Winter.

From what I could see of the scores before I left Azzurri, you won't be far off HG with that score, 84 was excellent on that layout.

Mr Potter

I'm not sure of my exact score, Auntie - I don't know what I scored on the last layout :look: Somewhere in the low-seventies, I reckon. I'll live with that though - I didn't shoot too badly, but just let too many odd ones get away :lol:

Well shot to the Shugborough chaps - especially Keith! Awesome shooting :good:

Local today, managed 37x50 on a tricky shoot (nothing daft though). Was joint high gun when i left with just about all of the usual big scorers having finished. Pleased with that.

Well done mate, that's absolutely fantastic :good::good::good:

Which gun did you use? :hmm:

Well shot Nick it was busy there today we did'nt finish till 2pm. I finished on a 95 but it looks like I was bridesmaid again by missing 3 of them orange ones on the last stand by the gate :oops::oops:

Wasn't it just :oops: We had at least a 30 minute wait to shoot stand 11; I even filled a trap to relieve the boredom :lol:

Cracking score of 95 Keith; great shooting yet again :yes:

I even filled a trap to relieve the boredom :lol:

And got your hand stuck in the trap :lol:

Really enjoyed today, decided to shoot it gun down like I used to, none of this Nancy gun up stuff I have been doing over the last few months ;) it seemed to work and I was happy with my 83.

Shooting with whiskymac and nick was fun as it was nice and close all the way round, I thought whiskymac had it in the bag after the first 50 birds as he had missed naff all :good:

Well done mate, that's absolutely fantastic :good::good::good:

Which gun did you use? :hmm:

Cheers mate. :)

The O/U of course. :) Someone must have beaten it but not by the usual suspects. Either way i legged it before i could find out. :lol:

Edited by Markio

I shot BCA in Maidenhead - 33/50 - which is just above my (still learning) average, they had some problems with skittish horses nearby so I didn't get to shoot a second card.

Then we went to Hicknaham Farm, near Burnham (SL1) and I shot 34/50 - lovely monthly shoot that is back on for summer.

I shot BCA in Maidenhead - 33/50 - which is just above my (still learning) average, they had some problems with skittish horses nearby so I didn't get to shoot a second card.

Then we went to Hicknaham Farm, near Burnham (SL1) and I shot 34/50 - lovely monthly shoot that is back on for summer.

Hi Mattr

do you have the dates for hickenham farm are they on this sunday

also how much is it now and can you do a 100 birds

Hi Mattr

do you have the dates for hickenham farm are they on this sunday

also how much is it now and can you do a 100 birds

Was my first time there - just close to my home... lovely shoot - dates for 2011 are as follows:

19th March

16th April

14th May

18th Jun

16th July

20th Aug

10.00 till 2pm

£13 for 50 birds - you do 100 if you want, not sure of the extra cost.

let me know if you are going next month.