one for the bikers out there!

bearhire

evening all, iam looking for a speed camera detection thingy for my bike before i end up in jail. has any one got/used one which they could recomend, its mainly mobile speed camera vans and hand held lasers that i want to know about before its too late. And no i dont want to just slow down lol. thanks

evening all, iam looking for a speed camera detection thingy for my bike before i end up in jail. has any one got/used one which they could recomend,

Yep, it's called "my eyes". :lol:

Seriously though, if you're not picking these sorts of things up pretty much every time, then you're not scanning the road ahead well enough. And if you can't do that, what makes you think you'll see a little light, or whatever it is, coming on on your handlebar to notify you?

We stopped going to North Wales on the bike about 8 years ago due to the heavy police presence and anti bike police.That said as bikers we have enough problems and enemies without asking for more bad publicity and would prefare the boy racers to get on the track where there are lots of run offs and hopefully you wont be hurting anyone else.We all have an adrenalin buzz from fast motorcycling but to be quite honest, you can have just as much fun without going crazy speeds just by keeping to the smaller A roads and twisty B roads. We live in the Yorkshire Dales and usually do 300 or 400 miles most Sundays riding up to the borders, we see very few police and always have loads of fun without going mental and keep away from the motorways and busy A roads.I suggest you get your map out and hone your biking skills on the more twisty slower roads,we even bike during the winter, something else which will teach you to have more riding skills and reading road abilitys, which may just keep you alive longer. :yes: from Auntie :rolleyes:

To put a slightly different slant on things and keep constructive -

If you struggle keeping to the speed limits generally - whatever bike you have at the moment, sell it ASAP as it will land you in the **** as you like the speed by the sounds of things; get yourself something that you can have fun on legally, like a BMW GS, HP2 or Harley - still getting out but at a more sedate pace. Then get yourself a cheapo track bike that you can spank its nuts of safey (as someone has previously posted) and get your speed 'fix'

Edited by Doc Savage

oh and just to put a final word in ,

if you go down the "lazer jammer " route

the lazer that opens your garage door from 15mtrs expect the following

bike gone into pound

charge for perverting the course of justice

heavy fine/ short holiday

and best of all

sgc/fac torn up due to having a criminal record.

burried 4 good mates due to bikes and speed , not time or sympathy for anyone who takes the p on the open roads .

:D:P:P:yes::yes:

JAMMERS DONT WORK THERE A PAIN IN THE *** THEY GO OF AT EVERYTHING. I HAD ONE WHEN I WAS A YOUTH IN MY SUBARU IT LASTED A WEEK.

I HAVE A BIKE ASWELL AND ITS VERY EASY TO STAY LEGAL THE BIKE WILL ONLY GO AS FAST AS I WANT IT TOO THE ONLY REAL WAY TO STAY SAFE IS TO STAY LEGAL THERE'S A REASON FOR SPEED LIMITS.

sorry to all ive who i seem to have offended out there it was a simple question not meant to upset any one. i dont race on the roads and when i do speed it is in a safe clear stretch of road. i just dont want to get caught accidentally doing 36 or something in a 30. and of course no i shouldnt be allowed firearms should i, i mean if i go out for a blast on my bike then iam obviously unfit to be a certificate holder arent i. never mind thank you to those who did give me a useful answer.

To put a slightly different slant on things and keep constructive -

If you struggle keeping to the speed limits generally - whatever bike you have at the moment, sell it ASAP as it will land you in the **** as you like the speed by the sounds of things; get yourself something that you can have fun on legally, like a BMW GS, HP2 or Harley - still getting out but at a more sedate pace. Then get yourself a cheapo track bike that you can spank its nuts of safey (as someone has previously posted) and get your speed 'fix'

Ha! Fun on a Harley/BMW (not counting the S1000R)?? Only fun i'd have with these is pushing them off a cliff or using them as target practice! :lol: I'll stick with my 'blade thanks. :yes:

To the original post, use your head in built up area's-stick to the limits at all times here. Dont be a knobber on long straight stretches (anyone can pin the throttle in a straight line!) The fun/fix you get out of a balls out sports bike can be had on the twisties. This is where you can push yourself and the bike. One of the advantages of living where i do?? Titanium sliders lasting a month or two of hard riding :D . Ride safe brother! :good:

Edited by foxbuster

evening all, iam looking for a speed camera detection thingy for my bike before i end up in jail. has any one got/used one which they could recomend, its mainly mobile speed camera vans and hand held lasers that i want to know about before its too late. And no i dont want to just slow down lol. thanks

Save your money, when you see said camera just pop a wheelie so they cant read your number plate when you pass them . . . :unsure: :oops: :yp:

It doesn't matter how good you think you are, no one knows whats around the next corner :no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2htSFO21MRE

JAMMERS DONT WORK THERE A PAIN IN THE *** THEY GO OF AT EVERYTHING. I HAD ONE WHEN I WAS A YOUTH IN MY SUBARU IT LASTED A WEEK.

I HAVE A BIKE ASWELL AND ITS VERY EASY TO STAY LEGAL THE BIKE WILL ONLY GO AS FAST AS I WANT IT TOO THE ONLY REAL WAY TO STAY SAFE IS TO STAY LEGAL THERE'S A REASON FOR SPEED LIMITS.

Whats that then mate-to generate more fines?? More and more pointless limits are being introduced to a-roads(generally a drop from 60 to 50 mph) the vast majority of these roads have no problems with excess accidents etc. The new limits are there just to generate more income for the 'powers that be'. Speed isnt the sole factor in safe driving/riding-its where it is done. For example its safe enough to ride at 160mph on an autobahn in Germany, just as it would be to do on a quiet motorway here. On the other hand, 20mph might be excessive in a built up area or outside a school. Its all relative mate. Dont be one of those people who bang on about 'Theres a reason for Speed limits' your starting to sound like a copper (are you?). Totally agree with the built up limits but some of the open stretch of road limits just take the pee! :good:

Heard just before christmas, brother's girl freinds brother had a bump on his bike:

2 broken ankles

broken leg i think aswell

broken pelvis

broken wrists

fractured skull (only slight)but a problem with a bleed on the brain

plus other minor injuries, broken ribs resulting in a punctured lung.

Ok not all people are mad on bikes and it will not always be the bike rider's at fault in a RTA.

But to obviously intend on breaking the speed limits i think you deserve some of the comments.

sorry :/

sorry to all ive who i seem to have offended out there it was a simple question not meant to upset any one. i dont race on the roads and when i do speed it is in a safe clear stretch of road. i just dont want to get caught accidentally doing 36 or something in a 30. and of course no i shouldnt be allowed firearms should i, i mean if i go out for a blast on my bike then iam obviously unfit to be a certificate holder arent i. never mind thank you to those who did give me a useful answer.

Not much to say about that. You only obey the law when it suits you. You and you alone decide when the speed limits apply. If you find a "safe clear stretch of road", you apparently decide that the law is not applicable to you. I presume you have some sort of greater awareness that lets you know there isn't a similar idiot coming the other way.

Send a copy of your post to your local Firearms Section. See whether they think you are fit to hold a certificate.