monkeyjaimz

Cask Ales  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite cask ale?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From that list London Pride, but unlike lagers it varies from pub to pub, I am lucky that work within 3 miles of a pub that probably serves the best Pride I have ever tasted. I fancy a brewery tour at Fullers some time, maybe that could be a PW day out? :ernyha:

I see Zapp hasn't voted yet ;)

Not listed but an exceptional drink, is Harveys.

I remember deer old Axe buying me a gallon of that at PW Bisley 2000 and something, probably 2007 or 8.

Top man and top beer.

Tim Taylor's Landlord out of that list - a fine pint.

But as said, it does vary from pub to pub.

I'm a huge fan of Side Pocket (for a Toad) from the Tring brewery (a local)

http://www.tringbrewery.co.uk/PermanentandSeasonal.html

I'm also rather partial to golden ales and anything from Badger Ales

oh and a brewery tour sounds like fun!

Have to vote for a none of the above, all pretty boring middle of the road stuff to be honest. I dont really have a favourite ale, there are far to many styles to choose from and what I like varies so much.

Having said that current ales I keep an eye open for

Bredog - just about anything from these is worth a try, but trashy blonde, or hardcore IPA are well worth a look.

Darkstar - again loads of options, but recently tried the M&M porter which has to rate as one of the best beers around.

I tend to hunt out pubs with a wide range and enjoy having a taste of lots of different ales. If I have to settle on a session beer, then Larkins, or some of the Westerham brews are good.

Harveys every time for me.

Ahh Harveys best, an exceptional pint, just a pity I really cant stand it. love the old, the Christmas Ale, the Armada, but will leave a pub if it just does the best.

I normally make a pilgrimage Lewes about once a month, there are some absolutely cracking pubs there, and the brewery tour is one of the best (if your lucky enough to get on one).

there's quite an interesting story link to the Griffin Brewery - the tower blocks nearby are called the Green Dragon Estate on Green Dragon Lane, and Brentford FC play at Griffin Park.

Legend has it (and there were even recent sightings!) of a Dragon or Griffin living in the Thames nearby...

Read more here...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Brentford-Griffin-and-the-West-London-Dragon

From that list, I chose Timmy Taylor (specifically Landlord), and London Pride.

There really are too many others to list though... Theakston Old Peculier, any number of Fullers beers (Bengal Lancer, Chiswick Bitter), Jennings, Hop Back Summer Lightning.. the list goes on and on.

And yes, I would definately be up for a PW visit to the Fullers brewery :yes:

Some interesting ales there - Personally, I go large on Dark Star's Dark Star, Jennings Snecklifter, Abbot Ale, any number of the Badger beers, loads of Belgians and the occassional German dark beer.

Woodforde Wherry was the FCS choice of ale at Christmas (As Henry says, it doesn't taste like homebrew).

And another vote for the Fullers Brewery Tour - Shall we set a date?