hunting wiv hounds

reubs

hi guys

is there any 1 out there that goes hunting wiv hound, beagles drag hound fox hounds etc.

i am the huntsman of a pack of beagles im am only 15 and this is my fist season hunting hounds. i whiped in 4 3 years.

having an ok season considerin the **** new law out.

please tell me wat hunt your from and how ur getin on.

cheers reubs. :blink:

NO....its bad.. this is a pigeon watch forum.

foxes should be shot, not ripped to bits by mad dogs!!!

I'm not anti hunting, but there are good ways, better ways and bad ways,

and hunting with packs of dogs falls into the latter cartegory IMHO

Edited by bindi

Bindi:

You may not agree with hounds and horse, but attacking someone elses way of hunting, is something that we try to avoid on this site.

If you do not agree with fox hunting with hounds that is your right, however please refrain from making comments as those above.

Thank You

NTTF

Couldn't agree more NTTF,

whether you agree with fox hunting or not, anyone who shoots fishes, or does any other kind of country related sport must stand side by side with the people who choose to go hunting. The hunting ban is unjust, unenforceable and plain ridiculous.

I do not go hunting, but if others choose to than so be it, I support them as I would hope that they will support the shooters when the **** hits the fan.

Cheers

MC

I support the Wye Beagles and the East Kent Hunt Foxhounds.

Both are meeting regularly this Season and hunting laid scent.

Followers are still enjoying the Meetings and the turnouts have been greater than the last few seasons.

The Antis have been turning up as self proclaimed "Monitors", but all has been quiet.

Incidentally, I read in our local paper that there was a major disturbance at a Meet of the East Sussex and Romney Marsh Hunt last Tuesday, with 30 odd arrests and 8 Antis in Court yesterday.

Cranfield this will be good news to you then. It was posted on another board and is from a local paper to one of the Huntsman;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the closest a hunt has come yet to ending up in a dock, but a decision to drop a case against a West hunt has raised doubts about the likelihood of any being taken to court. Claims that the Cattistock Hunt in Dorset breached the hunt ban on two separate days were sent by police to the Crown Prosecution Service, the first time in England a possible prosecution had got that far.

But yesterday, the CPS revealed it was dropping the cases because prosecutors were not convinced a conviction was likely.

And that prompted one West anti-hunt MP last night to pledge that, if prosecutors continue giving hunts the benefit of the doubt, the issue would be looked at again by Parliament.

The decision has infuriated anti-hunt campaigners , including the man who captured key video evidence of an alleged breach, who said they feared no evidence would ever be good enough to meet the ban's strict conditions.

Hunt monitor Kevin Hill, of the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), said he filmed hounds from the Cattistock chasing a fox. Now he says he cannot see how any prosecution can be successful.

The failure of Dorset Police's case has called into question the entire Hunting Act, as prosecutors grapple with the wording of the law which places the emphasis on proving hunts intended to breach the ban.

Armed with video evidence, police spoke to the IFAW monitors, local residents and the hunt itself, and were confident enough to submit the two cases to the CPS.

Mr Hill said: "I filmed hounds chasing a fox.

There was no doubt about that. We are bitterly disappointed by this. We had clear film and I believe in this case we had the best evidence we could gather, barring getting a huntsman to admit on camera he intended to break the law, which is something I'm sure we'll never get. It's difficult to see what else we could have done." A West Labour backbencher who voted for the ban said clamour was growing for the law to be rewritten to make prosecutions easier.

WANSDYKE MP Dan Norris said:

"There certainly will be the appetite to revisit this in Parliament if it becomes clear the default position of the CPS and the police is to give the alleged criminal the benefit of the doubt. I think it's inevitable we'll look at this again.

"Until there are a few test cases put before a jury, we won't know how the law stands up and it's important the CPS puts these cases. The law is the law, and just because it is harder to prove doesn't mean you shouldn't take things to court. If Parliament passes a new law, we wouldn't expect there to be no prosecutions."

The CPS considered the two files from Dorset police for two weeks before its conclusion.

Dorset's senior Crown prosecutor Gavin Foster said: "We have examined video evidence taken by the IFAW, together with other evidence provided by them, members of the hunt and the public, and applied the Code for Crown Prosecutors, which requires us to be satisfied that the evidential and public interest tests are both met in order to bring criminal proceedings. After applying the law to the facts of the case, we were not satisfied that there was a realistic prospect of a conviction under the Hunting Act or any other legislation. As a result, we have advised that no criminal proceedings can be brought from these incidents." But pro-hunters said the CPS decision highlighted two issues, that hunts were not breaking the law and the Hunting Act was unworkable.

Tim Bonner, of the Countryside Alliance, said: "Hunts have made it quite clear from the start that their intention has been to hunt within the law as they interpret it.

EVERYONE now accepts that this is a badly-drafted and confused piece of legislation, and those who have to deal with it on a daily basis, such as hunts and the police, have been put in an almost impossible situation.

"Thus far, both hunts and the authorities seem to be dealing with these issues in a sensible way and I hope this can continue." Lucy Pinney, master of the Cattistock Hunt, said she was relieved the case would not go to court.

"We have gone to extraordinary lengths to remain within the law, spending all summer training our hounds to follow a trail and exploring lots of different ways, " she said.

"To have cases like this thrown at you does make life difficult, but we have said we are hunting within the law and we can prove that."

Exactly

And I hope for all involved that it is revisited and thrown out. :blink:

One thing that has always troubled me concerning this law;

I know that it was put in place by your government and Mr Blair in particular, however seeing that the Royal Family are strong supporters of the Hunt, do they have no say in this at all?

NTTF

Exactly

And I hope for all involved that it is revisited and thrown out. :blink:

One thing that has always troubled me concerning this law;

I know that it was put in place by your government and Mr Blair in particular, however seeing that the Royal Family are strong supporters of the Hunt, do they have no say in this at all?

NTTF

I don't believe that the constitution as it stands allows the Royal Family to influence 'policy' making...... and if Phil does open his mouth... ;)

NTTF

I'm afraid not NTTF. The Queen has to do something concerning new laws but she has no power to influence them these days.

To be fair it is widely accepted that Tony Blair couldn't care less about fox hunting either way he just used it as a political tool to sweeten other deals with his backbench MPs who are very anti fox hunting.

hi guys

is there any 1 out there that goes hunting wiv hound, beagles drag hound fox hounds etc.

i am the huntsman of a pack of beagles im am only 15 and this is my fist season hunting hounds. i whiped in 4 3 years.

having an ok season considerin the **** new law out.

please tell me wat hunt your from and how ur getin on.

cheers reubs. :sly:

I some times follow hounds(on foot) I have also worked (part time) with horses. I am not a fox hunter but am not against fox hunting.

When i am on my permission shooting pigeons crows ect, if a fox showes its self Bang its what the farmer wants.

We all have to stick together SO CARRY ON HUNTING.

I don`t hunt,but I support hunting.

I have been at hunts where hounds have caught and killed the fox,and shot a fox within 10-15yds of the hounds.The fox that was caught was grabbed by the neck and shook 4 times side to side and let go,it was stone dead,yes the other hounds wanted a chew too,and did.The fox I shot in front of the hounds was also grabbed by the lead hound and shook by the neck a few times then dropped,and some of the other hounds gave it a ragging.

Hounds do NOT grab a fox by a leg or it`s hindquarters as they know that the fox has a sharp end and will use it if given a chance and they don`t rip a fox apart alive,first bite is the last it feels.

I support huntin' shootin' 'n' fishin' but really only shoot (wild game) However I think we should all keep any 'anti' style opinions about others ways of doing things to ourselves and ALL support the countryside. United we stand but divided we fall and there's been enough division in our ranks (pistol shooters, hunters with dogs and foxhunters). Stand up for what you believe in but stand shoulder to shoulder with those of a similar mind. One day YOU might need THEM (fishermen please take note)

As regard to shooting only wild game on not the big shoots, We only shoot wild game and put none down, But whilst being surrounded by "bigger" shoots who do put down a lot of birds I cant really say much about it cos if they didnt "loose" so many we wouldnt have as many to feed :sly:.

I have never hunted with hounds, but if I ever see them out working I will always stop and watch. I have been to the boxing day meets and the last "legal" meeting to show support.

Trev

tell me,whats the differance between my jr shaking and sometimes ripping in half rats.baby rabbits.and squirrels.this maybe a pigeon talk site but i bet less than 30% of members only shoot pigeons.dont knock other forms of hunting. :sly:

Bindi:

You may not agree with hounds and horse, but attacking someone elses way of hunting, is something that we try to avoid on this site.

If you do not agree with fox hunting with hounds that is your right, however please refrain from making comments as those above.

Thank You

NTTF

hear;;hear :sly:

Reubs

I support all my local Hunts and have hunted in the past. I would now if I had a half decent horse (and the money).

My local hunt is now the 'Cattistock' - the one that all the fuss was about in the Western Daily Press.

I shoot foxes as often as I can.

Having studied both methods now for some years I have to say that death by hounds is quicker, more certain and more humane than shooting. Death is ALMOST instant, and no wounded fox ever died a lingering death in the bramble patch (unlike some that have been shot). Anti's won't want to hear this but it is the truth.

Good luck to you son - and I hope that one day you are able to enjoy your sport as nature intended.

B

Reub's you will realise soon enough people on here get funny about hunting with dogs. Infact you could say some are definately anti. I on the other hand say fair play to ya and keep up the good work i dont go out on horseback or on foot following hounds but do a few bits and pieces myself. But in my opinion there is no greater sound than a full pack opening up. And then the huntsman playing gone to ground.

gordanwk20054so.jpg

Tidy piccy NS !! But if i were you i'd teach that pat to shave correctly as it looks like he's cut himself :lol: Is the fawn dog a boarder or just a lodger :lol:

Oh aye an Bindi , you might have noticed my mate in the car with me when i dropped off those Shooting times mags , he says hunting is cool and he quite enjoys it :lol: He also says that when he has a fox by the neck the fox does'nt last very long which is a good job as they stink !

all the best yis yp :)

Edited by Yorkshire Pudding