Noises from loft

Royboy

Every night/day for the last week there has been scratches and running around in my attic. I've found dropping with which looks like there's nuts in it ? I've set a trap with nuts in but no joy as yet and when I was coming home from work today I sore something poking out from the hole in my facia boards but shot back in when it sore me. Any ideas what it could be and what I can do about it. I had a company come out and she said it was rats. But I really don't think it is . Im sure it's a squirrel

Roy then it's probably a squirrel then , what sort of trap have you got set ? , how easy is it to seal the hole up in the fascia , anyway all the best with catching the little blighter :good:

Hi mate thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what make of trap it is . It's just a cage and a door and when the pest steps in the door closes. there's a bloke coming tomorrow to look at my facias but I want the rodent out first really !

Very rare for them to come so far south but it is common at this time of year for wild haggis to search out dark and warm places to molt from a winter (white coat) to the usual mucky brown.

Try baiting with a potato or a turnip or find a CD of pipe music and when it dances across the ridge tiles throw ginger wigs at it until it drinks itself into a stuper and falls to its death.

Ill geet mi coat............... Hic#

Very rare for them to come so far south but it is common at this time of year for wild haggis to search out dark and warm places to molt from a winter (white coat) to the usual mucky brown.

Try baiting with a potato or a turnip or find a CD of pipe music and when it dances across the ridge tiles throw ginger wigs at it until it drinks itself into a stuper and falls to its death.

Ill geet mi coat............... Hic#

:lol::lol::lol:

ive heard runrig is a good call for them :good:

My mate gets squirrels at his house,and he got a trap to try and catch them, he put nuts in and never caught nothing but the nuts had gone then he saw that the squirrels were putting there arms through and grabbing the nuts, now he puts a bit of plastic over the tray the nuts are in so they have to go into the cage to get the nuts, Hope this helps :good:

Squirral :good:

Did a survey on a house once for insurance company,brief said 'rats in loft',on opening the loft hatch all i could see were squirrals running everywhere,one had drowned in the water tank and the rest ran into the felt,which was bulging between each truss because they had taken nearly all the insulation and stuffed it in behind fellt to make dray,they had chewed cables bare as well,i declined the contract on behalf of company so i dont know what happened,apart from they had been cleaning their teeth with water from the cold water tank :sick:

It sounds to me as if tiny extra-terrestrials from another dimension have fallen through a worm-hole, into your loft. The scratching noises are them trying to gather enough heavy matter to construct a micro black-hole, which they will use to distort space until they can create a portal and cross back into their own universe.

Or it could be squirrels.

Either way, a Fenn MK6 will sort them :good:

Had the same problem in my loft last year. Went up there dressed like Rambo with an M60, two RPG's, 10 claymores, thermal goggles and half the contents of the fridge. (Just incase it was going to be a long wait). Turned out to be a single rat getting in out of the cold. Plugged in one of those high frequency emitters and he never came back :good:

That gentlemen,was one of the best threads I've read yet on PW.No clever t***s going on a 3 pager about spelling or punctuation;no know it alls taking the ****.Brilliant! Some excellent wit,and good light-hearted banter.Just how it should be.Thanks for restoring my faith in what could be a very good forum if it weren't for a few muppets. :good:

That gentlemen,was one of the best threads I've read yet on PW.No clever t***s going on a 3 pager about spelling or punctuation;no know it alls taking the ****.Brilliant! Some excellent wit,and good light-hearted banter.Just how it should be.Thanks for restoring my faith in what could be a very good forum if it weren't for a few muppets. :good:

100% with you on that one Scully , thing is the Muppet's don't know they are Muppet's :)

either borrow or buy some instant kill traps, fenn mk6 would be my choise, smeared with peanut butter and housed under a makeshift tunnel, should catch a squizzer within 24hrs, or a kania trap better still

post-3731-0-44394700-1299191119.jpg

kania traps

:yes::good:

Or maybe chocolate, works for rats and squirrels, but peanut butter has always brought me good results on the squirrel.

Kania are excellent, but they are expensive and frightning and WILL take your finger off if you don't know what you are doing!