unwelcome comments

Fenny

I find it incredible that when offering pigeon shooting to other pw members who have difficulty in getting shooting the ammount of sarcastic and unwanted comments that are sent by other pw members I would be inclined to offer more shooting to others but I am getting fed up with these comments a very disappointed Fenny

ive noticed the bad comments are from people who have enough perms or its too far for them to travel anyway. might post differently if they needed to get out or was nearer to them. dont stop offering to take people out or help others its good of you and i bet all those you take or help out are so greatful you do. good on ya kid.

What a shame. If you don't want it... don't moan. It is hard enough to get a permission, took me 6 years! If I was offered an opportunity for a reasonable fee I would have snapped it up. Im sure the grateful shooters far out weigh the negatives. Building the sport is a good thing from all aspects, please push on. If I could, I would.

Don't let them get to you. I was lucky enough to be taken out by a couple of people from this forum before I found my own land to shoot on and I'm very, very grateful to them. I feel guilty that I can't take others out because my landowners won't let me take guests.

Ignore the knockers and crack on, and well done for helping others out :good:

Its bad, when your getting the unwelcome coments. Especially when you are offering a night out to members, who may never get the oppertunety to experiance what is like. I have only ever shot clays and I would say getting permission around my area would be hard if not impossable.

When ever I got the chance to try it, I would be grateful to members like yourself who offer to take people out and show them the ropes. Another PW has offered me the chance to go out with them but due to circumstances it is impossable at the moment for me to meet them for the night out. I am very gratefull they have offered me the chance and wish I could make it to see if its a experiance I would like to pursue and start the knocking on doors run.

Keep up the good work and try to ignore the bad comments.

Hi Fenny,

Please don't let the trolls put you off, it's guys like you and the guides that charge, that are the only channels to get some shooting for some members.

If you notice it largely seems to be long standing members with high post counts that poke and jibe and question your methods - all this when all you are doing is a good deed and offering sport to all.

Rise above it mate and keep up the good work!

ATB

Andy

It happens a hell of a lot on this forum, they just love to pick fault with anything, and they can't wait to dive on some posters.

Have I missed something lately ?

Why would some members want to criticize someone for for giving members the chance to get some shooting ?

Edited by Bazooka Joe

Some people amaze me . I have noticed how people are to keen to search for any kind of fault

On the other hand there are people on this forum that I have taken out and never heard from again . Then there are others that make arrangements to go out and don't turn up or make excuses and constantly cancel .

But on the other side I have also made some very good friends . I'm lucky to have permission on approx 2500 acresover 11 farms and don't mind taking others out

Keep up the good work and don't give up

Its an Internet Forum and sometimes the written word does not always convey the true meaning of a comment.

It could be totally genuine, or a joke, a wind-up or just a negative response.

If anyone sees posts on a thread that are deemed unacceptable, they can report them using the "Report" button on the bottom left hand side of the post.

A Moderator will have a look at it and if he agrees with the complaint the post will be removed and the poster contacted.

Is all this shooting your offering free?

Does it matter? I pay £75 a lesson, when ready I'll pay £20 ish a round of sporting + carts.

So if someone does offer 'pest' shooting for a modest fee, it's about the value to me. If I can't do that elsewhere, don't have time to look for permissions or can't shoot enough to uphold an agreement for a vermin permission then it makes sense for me to pay for the chance.

And whoever I take the chance with, they've done the door knocking, the recon, and are willing to meet me, taking up their valuable time. I appreciate that.

Want to charge me a fee? No problem. Want to do it for free? No problem - I'm buying dinner and a pint.

That's the way my world works. I'm with the OP - please stop knocking these posts as it puts people off. I'm looking forward to trying for some pigeons, crows and rabbits - don't take that chance away from me.

If these chances weren't there, if this 'teaching' didn't happen, if these skills weren't passed down the we'd have more people doing it wrong, breaking the law and giving shooting a bad name. We all need a bit of guidance, that can't all come on the clay ground. Some of those skills can be passed on through these opportunities too.

To everyone posting these opportunities - good on you. Keep it up. The 'newbies' appreciate your efforts. Charged or not.

Does it matter? I pay £75 a lesson, when ready I'll pay £20 ish a round of sporting + carts.

So if someone does offer 'pest' shooting for a modest fee, it's about the value to me. If I can't do that elsewhere, don't have time to look for permissions or can't shoot enough to uphold an agreement for a vermin permission then it makes sense for me to pay for the chance.

And whoever I take the chance with, they've done the door knocking, the recon, and are willing to meet me, taking up their valuable time. I appreciate that.

Want to charge me a fee? No problem. Want to do it for free? No problem - I'm buying dinner and a pint.

That's the way my world works. I'm with the OP - please stop knocking these posts as it puts people off. I'm looking forward to trying for some pigeons, crows and rabbits - don't take that chance away from me.

If these chances weren't there, if this 'teaching' didn't happen, if these skills weren't passed down the we'd have more people doing it wrong, breaking the law and giving shooting a bad name. We all need a bit of guidance, that can't all come on the clay ground. Some of those skills can be passed on through these opportunities too.

To everyone posting these opportunities - good on you. Keep it up. The 'newbies' appreciate your efforts. Charged or not.

I agree 100% with this.

I took Fenny up on his offer and drove from South Wales to the Fens for a day’s shooting pigeon. His advice was invaluable, easily worth the drive and the small charge he makes for his time, the loan of his kit and the acres of farmland he can assess to find a decent location for a few hours. I have taken other people up on similar offers, Elby and Webber for example. Whilst I may not have thanked them publically on the forum they know just how welcome their offers are to me and no doubt others learning the ropes or without farms to shoot.

I will continue to learn the art and skills required over the coming months and years and if I have to pay a small charge for that then I’m happy to do so. I paid to learn to drive; what’s the difference?

I agree 100% with this.

I took Fenny up on his offer and drove from South Wales to the Fens for a day’s shooting pigeon. His advice was invaluable, easily worth the drive and the small charge he makes for his time, the loan of his kit and the acres of farmland he can assess to find a decent location for a few hours. I have taken other people up on similar offers, Elby and Webber for example. Whilst I may not have thanked them publically on the forum they know just how welcome their offers are to me and no doubt others learning the ropes or without farms to shoot.

I will continue to learn the art and skills required over the coming months and years and if I have to pay a small charge for that then I’m happy to do so. I paid to learn to drive; what’s the difference?

:good::good::good::good:

It's a public forum people are entitled to moan if they so wish. If people get annoyed then go somewhere else :good:

Indeed,

However when you're putting people off offering training sessions then surely that's detrimental to the sport/tradition/hobby that you know and love?

I live in manchester i would love to go pigeon shooting with a mentor very willing to pay a fee at the end of the day clay shooting is great fun but you cant eat clay . So anyone willing to take me shooting give me a shout i am a carer so have plenty of time on my hands we have loads of farms around here but all have permissions :/ . I have a vehicle so traveling is no problem within reasonable distance PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER ME LOL .

Pigeon shooting has always been horses for courses ,ie you will have newbies who will pay to learn which is the way forward then you get cases where you get a shoot experienced guest on a permission try to muscle in on the action,and then you get a mass upset then shooters who can not commit and shoot a few times a year,some shoot a few pigeons for their own use some shoot for pest control,let's face it you need experience to get and control a permission so if you are charged for this skill,like if you take clay lessons,it seems easy for most of us to sit on the fence and appreciate each others needs but there is always those who want to find fault with others ways,keep doing what you do keep the sport alive :good:

I cannot believe that people knock anyone offering shooting to other pw members free or otherwise, I have not met or shot with Fenny but I did express a interest in a syndicate he was putting together, though I decided not to pursue it in the end the price he was talking about certainly was not robbing anyone good luck to him.

And what of the guys who do charge a decent fee for a day why is it anyone elses concern ,just because they are not willing to pay does not give them the right to dictate to others they should do the same,without doubt these knockers are the ones who have more than enough permissions of their own.