Stinky pinkys

ack-ack

After having spent a good 8 hrs fishing yesterday and then an hour gutting my hands were absolutely humming. Theres nothing that will kill you but it can be off putting if you are about to eat something requiring fingers like curry etc. No ammount of soap or hand cleaner will shift the utter ming of squid and worm juice. I thought I'd try something different last night and it works an absolute treat. Take half a lemon and smother it all over the offending hands giving it a really good rub in and leave for a few minutes then rinse under a cold tap. Result!

I have yet to try it on Pigeon hands. This will be the true test as the last big batch I did took my at least 12 hours to shift the smell. I tried using surgical gloves but the get ripped up when you stick your fingers up their excuse me's.

Try a Odour Beater Stainless Steel Everlasting Hand Soap

31zlCwMj8lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I thought they were poppy-cock -- that was -- until someone bought me one for Xmas -- I go sea fishing and THEY DO WORK :good:

I take one of those 2 litre garden pump sprays - half full of soapy water - and a gentle spray on hands and rubbing / washing with the steel soap WORKS ... clean stink free hands ...

Edited by pigeonstool

only on the japs eye................

:oops: Reminds me of a camping trip to France a few years back. As we were travelling on a shoe string it was free camping all the way and sea bathing for washing. I'd chored a box of industrial wipes from work for freshening up hands between fishing and cooking. After a few bottles of chateau plonko one evening I decided that they would be excellent for downstairs as well (probably) and pressed them into their new role with vigour. Oh my ******* days!!! My poor old nadger felt like It had a 200 watt light bulb on the end. Epic fail.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the science behind those stainless steel thingys then? Looks interesting..

I don't know for sure but I imagine the metal soap works because the molecules that cause the smells are charged in some way, ie hydrophobic ions, and the metal can accept the extra electrons from them which enables them to be hydrophillic. But I could be way off.