cartridge price increase

sadly its definately on the way, lead prices have gone up by something cray like 60% in the last few months & i've been told by two different gun shops. so with that in mind am off to buy a thousand clear pigeons this morning while i've got some spare cash.

atf

gone up already around here £15/thou, now 170 for kent velocity :angry:

Same here - £12 on Hull CompX 28g fibre, bought them last week at £150, now £162.

Don't know what discounts are on >1000, my limit is about 2000 in the house doubt I'll get much off.

Guest cookoff013

maybe start reloaidng them guys. i know someone that is selling shotgun reloading stuff at good prices

aint that cheaper unless you get cheap lead...

still, you could always get loading equiptment and make funny cartridges, subsonics, etc.

Went up 10% last week.

Thieving ********

Oil price is down

Lead price is down NOT up!

But they are quick to put prices up and slow (Never) come down.

They are so bloody stupid they cannot see that entries are significantly down.

A friend is just finishing off his Hull Pro Ones his comment 'Never again, cheapies for me from now on'

If we all bought Nobel from Ladds of Crediton it would make all the British manufacturers stop dead in their tracks.

A friend was telling me that one shop he knows is selling Express cartridges cheaper than he can but them with 7% off for bulk orders. That is one hell of a good way to 'p' off your dealers.

I am only starting out havent even bought any and there going up!! What about starting a ''Cartridge Watch'' then tell everyone on here. We do that at work for Derv, someone notices cheap derv and during the day we fill up!! Saves a couple of quid a day, multiply that by weeks/months all saves money!!

The cartridge companies are shooting themselves in the foot,don,t they realise how many people are leaving the sport because of the rising cost i know 10 or more people who have had enough and two of them represented their country .

and the clay grounds, and the landowners who CHARGE for pest clearance!

Edited by Floating Chamber

Guest cookoff013

they still refuse to make 1oz #5/4 for pigeon bashing because it would be in competition with the other lead cartridges that they have even higher profit margins on.

cook.

It's always the same knee jerk reaction.

Start a war, oil barons put the prices up...its not more dangerous to drill for oil, mearly an excuse.

SOME, not all, shops are now jumping on the band wagon, and put the prices up to cream a little bit more.

...and they know the likes of most people will still shop there.....it's a big poo sandwich and we all have to take a bite :no: