This has got to be a bad idea

Dr W

Why on earth would you admit to the world that you've just won £161m?

Surely your phone will not stop ringing with begging requests and the you'll be getting sackloads of mail everyday.

These people certainly have more money than sense. Good luck to them.

post-4218-0-67467400-1310740337.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would not want to win that much at all.... :no:

this of all the letters asking for money and all the rest of it

I am lucky to some extent that I have a small family so would just give them a bit

20 Mill for myself and family, other 40 mill helping elderly in winter with food and fuel bills, other 100mil improving my local and surrounding areas, job done :good:

i would not want to win that much at all.... :no:

this of all the letters asking for money and all the rest of it

I am lucky to some extent that I have a small family so would just give them a bit

I would.

When people say "what about the begging letters" I say "oh I'll keep on sending them".

That amount of money can ruin some people but it doesn't have to.

Why on earth would you admit to the world that you've just won £161m?

Surely your phone will not stop ringing with begging requests and the you'll be getting sackloads of mail everyday.

These people certainly have more money than sense. Good luck to them.

They are ok with it , they didnt answer my call and the mail was returned unopened :rolleyes:

They say the money is already in their bank account! the bank would be all over them to invest in all sorts of schemes!

And if they had ever treated these winners badly they could just tell the bank to take a running jump

The tax implications for this would be a real headache but one worth having :good:

Fair play to them. Lets hope they are good people and use the money wisely. Lets be honest it's too much for anyone to ever need so if I won that sort of dosh I'd put a lot of it to good use locally. I can't think of anything more fun than spending the day using whatever smart looking piece of kit that had caught my eye that week to help a worthy cause. When I got bored of it I could donate it to whoever was making use of it, get a driver trained for them and pay their wages - Then buy something else and start again!

As a short term plan I'd love to buy a Unimog and travel the world doing aid work and disaster relief wherever I was needed.

they could send all the begging letters to me they wished if id won it cos i would enjoy burning them all in a wire basket in the garden of my stately home cooking burgers on them whilst clay shooting in my own back yard,before jettin g off somewhere hot and exotic to blow a few more thou ahhhh dreams dreams :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just depends on how much family they have - if 3 kids and grandkids - brothers/sisters you can't expect a large family to keep 161m quiet so they probably had no choice as it would have got out sooner rather than later.

I hope they live long enough to enjoy it.

Interest was quoted at 9k a day - 63k a week minus 40%

Dave

ps 9k would do me at moment.

They seem like an ok couple,daughter says they look as if they'll probably spend it on pies!

Personally I'd have kept quiet if possible.You woulsd soon find out who your real friends were as you walked into your local on a Friday night,with everyone knowing you'd just won 161 million.Don't think it would be tyoo long before a bit of resentment started to creep in.Close friends wouldn't alter hopefully,and of course you'd want to look after them,but would I be prepared to risk all I have for a big lottery win?

Ha Ha! 9 grand a week buys some serious pukka. Im only jealous. I read about a couple who won £21 mil and they had to get Camalot to tell two separate people to leave them alone. Would I advertise it if I won? Probably not, however I think I would have to send some bouncy cheques out if any randoms did ask.

Edited by Peppergun

They say the money is already in their bank account! the bank would be all over them to invest in all sorts of schemes!

And if they had ever treated these winners badly they could just tell the bank to take a running jump

The tax implications for this would be a real headache but one worth having :good:

Would £161 million fit under the bed? :no: :no: