rooks shooting

i will be doing some rook shooting [branchers] very soon just woundering if any body as seen any young about yet out of there nests .i start to go about the 1st of may now, i know it should be on the 12 of may too shoot the ******* but they seem too be leaveing there nest early every year.two years ago we went to do some on the 12 of may which was the proper time to do them but they were gone all but a few,so any body seen any yet ??

I started on Tuesday, May 2nd (8 branchers and four adults) Went again this morning, and shot 19 branchers and two pigeons. I'll keep at 'em though because the hatch has been staggered and there are much younger rooks in the nests. Probably be a two week job!

just back in from doing a small rookery 7 nests shoot twice all were empty bar one,it you hopped out shot that one ..rookery next to it 70yrds away thats not mine to shoot had young sitting in there nest and a few off the nest .100yrds away from that one very large rookery which i can shoot but only with the air rifle :good: had 4 branchers out and some sitting tight going back to do them in the week as its in the grounds of a private school..did all this after a morning on the pigeons on a freshley laid maze field..shot no pigeons in one hr so went for a walk about shot one crow :good: one maggiepie ;) and one myixey rabbit :good: still got me out the house though :good:

Went last satueday with natures son had about 50 and we used 36g BB shot fetches em down a treat :good: and if they are a bit reluctant to come down just let one rip into the nest :lol::) you dont want to be worrying about wounded young in the nest do you :lol: