toe shot off

BenBhoy

It does happen - At my local ground years ago someone put a shot through his foot - took off two centre toes -- never did get full story but he did same - rested barrel on his foot -- first we knew was when two shooters were carrying him out to car to take him to hospital.

I heard after he was hopping mad :yes: :yes:

dave

anyone read the letters page of sporting gun this month? some guy wrote in, with photo - he rested 12bore on his foot, muzzle down, safety off and accidently hit the trigger, blowing his middle toe off. hard to believe.

here is another one for you,according to my mother my uncle many years ago taking his shotty into outside lav, sat down on the pan with his fingers of hand over barrel end, some how gun went off taking two fingers and part of another.

don't know how gun managed to go off or why loaded gun was with him in lav i will have to ask, i am sure you guys will come up with some cracking ideas! so lets have um lol

Crazy, no excuse for it....This one is even worse take a look at htis, im still cringing.

http://www.killsometime.com/videos/7598/Gun-Hunter-Safety-Fail

Frightening, and how much of this sort of thing do we see at clays grounds, (not so extreme but things we are not happy with) and say then to a mate I would not like to be too close to him, or words to that effect.

When in reality we should report them and help re train them, before taking it any further.

Edited by bakerboy

Well the poor chap is very lucky it was just one of his toes he lost , it could have been far far worse . A chap I know years ago got a shot in the calf of one of his legs & it blew all the meat out ! & the only thing connecting the top part of his leg too the bottom part were the the two bones ! . His leg of course was amputated ! , lets hope the man who lost his toe makes a speedy recovery , & spreads the word " never rest the barrel of a loaded gun on your foot !. :sad1:

Me neither. The fact remains that to do what this chap did takes monumental disregard for safety and common sense.

Chard, on 11 October 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't see anything like that at clay grounds......

Apologies,for not making myself clear.

What I meant to say is this, how often do we see something at a clay ground that we are not too happy with and say nothing, semi autos with no flags, unbroken guns, stepping back or out of the cage with a cartridge in the barrel.

The extreme stupidity of placing a loaded and unbroken gun on your foot is beyond belief, and I for one have never seen it, but my point is.

If "you" think it is unsafe,or not good practice, don't leave it to someone else to mention it.

Sorry for any mis-understanding

Terry

Edited by bakerboy