first day of white stuff

swiss.tony

Did hear that we were to get a winter like last year or worse and that started at this time of the year. Funny though I suddenly became everyones friend for a month as I have a 4x4 pick up.

im still thinking our winter will be mild and wet ie rain,probly some snow here and there but a qiuick thaw.i maybe wrong but thats my opinion.

Edited by foxnet22

Apparently this info didn't come from the Met office but was from the company that has predicted the last couple of winters and the bad summer that the Met office said would be a barbecue summer. Just have to wait and see but they do seem to have a pretty good track record better of getting it right.

according to the news we are due to get hit with a blizzard tonight in the N/E.... :good:

Odd, as Elgin is only 75 miles away and it's still a nice day here with no wind...

Drove into Berwick at 11.30 am this morning through really strong west wind and heavy sleet showers, its now bright sunshine and not a cloud to be seen. The heavy snow last year started around a year ago to today, nice snowy drive to the Shoot for our Big Day with beaters and standing every drive but had to cancel due to snow. The spaniels were like proverbial snow balls with accumulated snow on the legs.

Blackpowder

according to the news we are due to get hit with a blizzard tonight in the N/E.... :good:

Odd, as Elgin is only 75 miles away and it's still a nice day here with no wind...

The hills out the back of Buckie were white for a wee while after dinner this afternoon, temp. was around 2 degrees most of the day.

STV news tonight ploughs out on the A9 at Inverness i was out with oneshot to try and nail a mink that had killed hens but the burn was too high for the terriers to work it properly so traps out and if that doesnt work I will get the terriers back next week. It had been torrential rain and sleet all day and there was no scent :no:

12" of snow - lovely! More than enough food and drink in the cupboard, plenty of paraffin for the heaters in the out houses. Bring it on. Watch TV, lie in, No work, what could be nicer? Out with the kids and the toboggan. You just have to adjust to your envirionment.

Now my mate in Wales last year, no food, running low on oil, Local petrol station out of gas cylinders, what a disaster. Cut off for weeks, sleeping with the dogs in the bed to keep warm.

Edited by Vince Green