Guns Taken By Police

sixhills 69

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the BS on some posts of this thread. Firearms work OFTEN requires an unloaded rifle to be pointed in the distance. Unless you are very lucky and have a massive house, that means pointing it outside. To suggest that people have never done this is, frankly, BS.

In this case the OP was out of his front door, but with only a scope and laser sight.

Let's have a look at this legally shall we - is there a law against this? No. Did he act irresponsibly? Not by using a scope from the front door. (drinking and doing gun stuff is not a smart move but it does not APPEAR to have a bearing here)

I can find nothing wrong. If people are seriously telling me that they hide themselves away to any work on a firearm, I really worry. Guns aren't illegal. Why should we hide away for fear of upsetting someone!? People don't hide away if they work on a bike or a car - they can cause major noise annoyance!

It's about time we said to Society to stuff off - this is a legal hobby and we will not hide away like a criminal or a pervert. It's ridiculous.

Mr_Logic can you please answer me this one? If he had said to his FEO when he was being considered for his FAC would it be alright to zero my sights at night whilst under the influence of alcohol and sleeping tablets thus allowing members of the public to see the laser bouncing of the walls, do you think he would have been issued the FAC? Yes he was outside his house only with the scope and laser but he admits (as far as I can tell) from having them fitted to the rifle within his house but pointing them at the wall outside and only removed them from the gun when it was taking sometime to set up. Surely this is not a sensible thing to do? illegal or not I dont know, but certainly not clever and is never going to make friends with the police by doing so.

I am far from an expert on fire arms laws being a newbie but I know common sense tells me not to do what this guy has done. As has already been said the police do not want egg on their face over this one so getting the guns back looks like an uphill struggle!

Yes its a legal hobby and there is no requirement to hide away like a criminal or pervert BUT equally it is a dangerous weapon that must be treated with a degree of respect and must never be used in ANY way that causes fear or distress to the general public.

I cannot believe the BS on some posts of this thread. Firearms work OFTEN requires an unloaded rifle to be pointed in the distance. Unless you are very lucky and have a massive house, that means pointing it outside. To suggest that people have never done this is, frankly, BS.

In this case the OP was out of his front door, but with only a scope and laser sight.

Let's have a look at this legally shall we - is there a law against this? No. Did he act irresponsibly? Not by using a scope from the front door. (drinking and doing gun stuff is not a smart move but it does not APPEAR to have a bearing here)

I can find nothing wrong. If people are seriously telling me that they hide themselves away to any work on a firearm, I really worry. Guns aren't illegal. Why should we hide away for fear of upsetting someone!? People don't hide away if they work on a bike or a car - they can cause major noise annoyance!

It's about time we said to Society to stuff off - this is a legal hobby and we will not hide away like a criminal or a pervert. It's ridiculous.

but if I saw a neighbour of mine swinging a sword around at the front door I might be minded to call the police.

I think six hills has been really honest with us, but has put himself in a tricky position regarding alcohol and medication.

Tell that to the guy with a .17hmr hole in his foot.

Realistically yes you do have to mount scopes and set them up. Out of your front door looses the common sense factor any one knows that its simple. In your back garden it entirely different even if overlooked its not seen as a public space. Having a license doesn't allow you o carry an unloaded firearm in public. If nothing else it shows all and sundry you keep firearms in the house. He may be lucky with just a slap on the wrist but with the story so far it doesn'sound good. We don't know the house seTting etc but if its on an estate rather than in the country then they do tend to take a dim viewt

Reading through I think something needs clarified -

Was a gun pointed at a house or just a scope and laser??

If the former, you're in the excrement, if the latter, and it goes to court - there is no case as it is simply a telescope.(unless laser pointers are now banned :unsure:)

Most people mount a scope and have a quick look through it but it is usually done from inside a room out through a distant window, I guess you could argue that dry mounting a shotgun in your house with the curtains or blinds open could get you into trouble - which is silly but unfortunately is the liberaral tree hugging lefty country we live in...

The HMR in the foot is unrelated as the gun was loaded and logic stated an unloaded gun...

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Has it been established if Sixer is a current member of BASC?

It's quite feasible that the nosy neighbour has at some time in the past seen sixer loading shooting kit into his car - and assumed the laser was on a rifle when it was taken outside: with a little bit of embelishment to make his OMG hold a bit more water.

It won't be the first time a member of the public makes a mountain out of a molehill and the police have been alleged to act on unsubstantiated allegations of the public before. This affair seems to hang on the bolt cycling issue but why would sixer put a bolt in his rifle to cycle it in order to set up a laser/scope?

The Winchester case springs to mind here as a parallel, but this time we are looking at a man who has enough credibility to work in a police control room, and the officers know that stability. It's possible police ARu interaction awkwardness via the control unit will cost sixer his job too.

I hope BASC can get involved in this one if the only allegation is from some bloke over the road.

He's said it was initially mounted to a rifle, pointed from his living room out through an opened front door over a grassy area onto a wall, that alone would cause any of my neighbours to be alarmed and would be a valid reason for the police to seize his firearms. If he hadn't been drinking and taking medication he may have been let off with a telling off for using bad judgement but I think it's going to be a lot worse than that given what he posted about the interview.

Please Guys give me a break Ok here is my back ground I AM DISABLED DUE TO BEING SHOT WHILST SREVING MY QUEEN AND COUNTRY i have 8 wires which run through the bones in my back and into my spinal cord and i have a control unit the size of 20 supekings implanted in my stomach. This helps with the pain managment but i also have to take other perscribed medication to control the pain.

All this information had been given to the firearms licencing department and i was asked to see the force medical officer as the manager then did not understand my medical condition. I had the wires fitted (spinal cord stimulator) google it or my other option was to have my left leg amputated :hmm: you work it out.

So firearms licencing had and knew everything about me my condition. The Alcohol was 2 cans of larger not as thought i was on the whisky or somethingi know of many people that after a shoot they all go to the local leave their guns and dogs in the car and go into the pub for a quick pint or two.

The situation with the positioning of my house is the front door is realy my back door as my house is back to front the back door leads onto the road my front door opens up to a large grass triangle which other houses rear gardens also face onto if that makes any scence its not that small.

The Rifle was never in sight of the door even from any house that could see into my house they do not have a direct line of vision into my front room so the gun would NOT have been seen. Only after the scope was removed from the rifle ** would the laser of been visual out side** as for the cycling of the rifle could that not have been my left had over the top of my scope adjusting the alan key screws.

When i have said took longer that i expected was a minute or two. As to my job nothing to answer too i have already been informed of this. As to me complaining because i work for the organistion i am not aloud to complain against my own force.

I hope this clears up a few questions up as i feel things are being twisted i have been nothing but honest and truthful from the start.

Edited by sixhills 69

As to me complaining because i work for the organistion i am not aloud to complain against my own force.

But you would be complaining as a private citizen. A member of the public and not an employee. This happened in your down time, therefore you weren't working for them. Since when was it introduced that an employee couldn't complain against the actions of their employer? If that's the case we're all doomed. :oops: :oops: :o

But you would be complaining as a private citizen. A member of the public and not an employee. This happened in your down time, therefore you weren't working for them. Since when was it introduced that an employee couldn't complain against the actions of their employer? If that's the case we're all doomed. :oops: :oops: :o

I can only go on what i have been informed by my union Unison it's not fare i no quite a few people i work with have had problems and they feel that due to them working for the force they have been treated different. I feel it is wrong but it happens :o

I don't understand what your disability or the way you came to have it has to do with the incident?

Members are commenting on the fact that i am on medication and take sleeping tablets i was trying to explain why it's not like i am taking non perscription medication fire arms licencing are using this as a reason to question my suitability even though nothing has changed for the last 9 years

I cannot understand why you posted on a forum in the first place, you would have been better to take legal advice, will the British Legion not give you advice or help?

There are certain people who think that they are Judge and Jury on here, when in fact it's nothing to do with them.

Edited by BlaserF3

Please Guys give me a break Ok here is my back ground I AM DISABLED DUE TO BEING SHOT WHILST SREVING MY QUEEN AND COUNTRY i have 8 wires which run through the bones in my back and into my spinal cord and i have a control unit the size of 20 supekings implanted in my stomach. This helps with the pain managment but i also have to take other perscribed medication to control the pain.

All this information had been given to the firearms licencing department and i was asked to see the force medical officer as the manager then did not understand my medical condition. I had the wires fitted (spinal cord stimulator) google it or my other option was to have my left leg amputated :hmm: you work it out.

So firearms licencing had and knew everything about me my condition. The Alcohol was 2 cans of larger not as thought i was on the whisky or somethingi know of many people that after a shoot they all go to the local leave their guns and dogs in the car and go into the pub for a quick pint or two.

The situation with the positioning of my house is the front door is realy my back door as my house is back to front the back door leads onto the road my front door opens up to a large grass triangle which other houses rear gardens also face onto if that makes any scence its not that small.

The Rifle was never in sight of the door even from any house that could see into my house they do not have a direct line of vision into my front room so the gun would NOT have been seen. Only after the scope was removed from the rifle ** would the laser of been visual out side** as for the cycling of the rifle could that not have been my left had over the top of my scope adjusting the alan key screws.

When i have said took longer that i expected was a minute or two. As to my job nothing to answer too i have already been informed of this. As to me complaining because i work for the organistion i am not aloud to complain against my own force.

I hope this clears up a few questions up as i feel things are being twisted i have been nothing but honest and truthful from the start.

I feel a little guilty about my own comments finding out how you disability occured. However looking at it objectively drink of any amount and drugs don't mix well with guns.

I feel a little guilty about my own comments finding out how you disability occured. However looking at it objectively drink of any amount and drugs don't mix well with guns.

Please i am not asking for any sympathy due to my condition i only have a drink now and then and no more than two cans of beer, i do not drink and drive and don't go out drinking it's just the odd can and i was only using the" scope " not the gun itself as stated many times. i have to say it's been intesting reading what other peoples perseption on this.

I was put through the mill so to speake about eight years ago the was a incident on a shoot i was on, the police delayed my renewal this went on for about five months just kept getting temp, certificates if not for mike evely from basc he fought my corner i would have had my sgc taken away,i was told by the feo the mere fact i was on the shoot was proof enough you have to be so squeaky clean now put a foot out of place and they will dump on you from a great height.

Edited by gemini52

Members are commenting on the fact that i am on medication and take sleeping tablets i was trying to explain why it's not like i am taking non perscription medication fire arms licencing are using this as a reason to question my suitability even though nothing has changed for the last 9 years

Considering what injuries you have-the medicaton you're on is irrelevant.You pose no more of a risk to the public than someone who has had a heart bypass for example and they still hang onto their guns.I bet theres a number of people on here taking painkillers and sleeping tablets for one reason or another.

Please do fight this. :good:

Mike has been great but he knows i am in a corner due to medication and my job he gave good advice but it know lies with the doctors now after speaking to the practice manager she stated i have had no episodes (break downs) on record and before i went for my spinal cord stimulaor i had to have a full phsycological test which are also on file. ITs the not knowing which eats away at you and the what happens to the firearms/Ammo they have taken with no reciepts ect what happens to all that???