Quack Quack Oops

scolopax

reminds me when i was fishing years back with father, rough seas etc family walking along the beach saw me catch a rather nice bass & come over, explain what it is, what it was caught on etc, goes to knock him on the head this chap puts his hands across the boys eyes (about 10yrs old) he says "what you do that for!", his dads reply "because the sun was in your eyes" :rolleyes: me & father just laughed :lol:

The school teacher has some sympathy from me... took a group of youngsters fishing, lots of trout were caught from a well stocked lake, each pupil had one to take home. All bar one of the children enjoyed the fishing, the catching of the fish, and took them home to eat. The one, he buried it in the garden and was traumatised by the event! :blink:

One of the school classroom assistants told me this and you could tell she was not impressed with what had happened! :rolleyes:

I learnt my lesson, every trip took out after that pupils were told quite clearly that trout would be caught and killed by those who wanted to take them home with them to eat. If anybody did not want to catch a trout or kill one please let me know immeadiately, never had a problem since! :good:

Strangely enough,i expected early teen girls to be the worse, but all of them pitched in, caught fish knocked em on the head, and took em home with no problems!

Tight Lines

Aled

My favourite quote:

wouldn't take young children anywhere near a shoot. A: It's too noisy. B: Since they replaced lead shot with steel shot, it's much sharper and dangerous. Any shot falling on to people nearby would really hurt or injure them.

- Frank, UK, 30/11/2011 16:49

I was seconds away from being thrown out of the school Library and being marched to the heads office a few years ago. The reason? Not because I was being loud or disruptive, but because I mentioned pigeon shooting to a friend within ear shot of a Librarian who kicked up quite a stink. Then off all people, an RE teacher saved me and had a laugh at the Librarian. :blush: Its rife in schools now, the notion that meat is collected without so much as tickling the poor, sweet animals. I wouldn't be supprised if it is 'fact' in my younger brothers GCSE's in a few years.

I was seconds away from being thrown out of the school Library and being marched to the heads office a few years ago. The reason? Not because I was being loud or disruptive, but because I mentioned pigeon shooting to a friend within ear shot of a Librarian who kicked up quite a stink. Then off all people, an RE teacher saved me and had a laugh at the Librarian. :blush: Its rife in schools now, the notion that meat is collected without so much as tickling the poor, sweet animals. I wouldn't be supprised if it is 'fact' in my younger brothers GCSE's in a few years.

It's rife in society, not in school. The Teaching Miss is always quiet popular with other teachers when she brings in pheasants/pigeons.

Typical Daily Mail to blow this out of porportion and exagerate.This is local to me-there was one upset child and not an entire class.The teacher who arranged the trip has done this for several years and always get the parents to sign consent forms.If they dont understand what the trip entails the parents should do some research themselves,but it was explained to them all in class.

No doubt the whining left thinking parent contacted the paper thinking this was going to make him a mint as a big story. One of the parents left the follow message which just about sums it up:

"Could I put a few things straight please 1: the trip was not to Welney Marshes as stated and was to Waterbeach 2: the trip was not ALL during school time, the children didn't leave till 2pm 3: there was not floods of children in tears. No one has approached any other parent (that i am aware of that went on the trip) and asked them how there child found the trip. I am also not aware of any children that came home from that trip in FLOODS of tears. None of the parents that assisted to take the children on the trip have been approached for a comment. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion, the school is in a rural area and shoots go on in this area during the session regularly. Before you start to ruin the reputation of a damn good school and head teacher please get your facts straight

- Ashbeach Parent, Ramsey St Marys, 1/12/2011 16:21"

So you don't go to school to learn then lol

Do we believe & trust & learn from the press?.

Step back think.

The world gone bonkers ha ha

So you don't go to school to learn then lol

Do we believe & trust & learn from the press?.

Step back think.

The world gone bonkers ha ha

No doubt the whining left thinking parent contacted the paper thinking this was going to make him a mint as a big story. One of the parents left the follow message which just about sums it up:

"Could I put a few things straight please 1: the trip was not to Welney Marshes as stated and was to Waterbeach 2: the trip was not ALL during school time, the children didn't leave till 2pm 3: there was not floods of children in tears. No one has approached any other parent (that i am aware of that went on the trip) and asked them how there child found the trip. I am also not aware of any children that came home from that trip in FLOODS of tears. None of the parents that assisted to take the children on the trip have been approached for a comment. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion, the school is in a rural area and shoots go on in this area during the session regularly. Before you start to ruin the reputation of a damn good school and head teacher please get your facts straight

- Ashbeach Parent, Ramsey St Marys, 1/12/2011 16:21"

Nice read there, and good on that parent. :good:

Tight Lines

Aled

Guy on my shoot takes his daughter out each week, bright as a button and about 5 or 6 years old. Last week she carted a big hare right across the field happy as a clam, lovely sight. Traumatised? Her older brother was when she demanded to carry the hare because she hadn't seen one before!

My favourite bit "How do kids think the bird gets to their table at Christmas.....do they think it volunteers?"

Edited by harpoonlouis

This makes me laugh, it was discussed ar lenght on a tv program yesterday morning.

Bet the parent who complained was a townie!

Friend of mine was pigeon shooting a couple of years ago when up popped two police officers. Apparently someone in the houses nearby claimed that shot was landing on his roof and he phoned the police. The officers asked him if he had moved recently. The answer was no and fortunately one of the officers was a shooter. He saw that the nearest house was at least 2000 yds away so no shot could have made it that far. The police went away duly satisfied.

Half an hour later the house holder came over, (trespassing of course) and complained that the noise was disturbing his peace and quiet. My friend's reply was clasic. "I take it your a townie then?"

"Yes, we moved here to get out of the rat race."

"Well this is the country and we take part in country sports here, gert used to it." The guy slunk off.

It really p~~~~s me off when people have this "Holier than though" attitude. I get fed up with all this PC ****. How the hell can a kid grow up and think that all our food comes ready wrapped on sterile poly trays. I bet the parent didn't thank the teacher for taking their child out after they had spent hours filling in the masses of Risk Assessment forms they have to do. Is it any wonder school trips are getting fewer and lastly WHY should the teacher give up HIS/HER time to take the children out?

OK rant over, I'll get my coat!