shot in the foot

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest when i got the welly off i expected worse guys.

the importance of this thread was for me to show how accidents still happen when you think you are being cautious. ive learned the hard way and have swallowed my pride to put this thread up in the hope that we can all learn a lesson as to how easy something can happen when we least expect it.

Thanks for sharing and hope you have a speedy recovery..accidents will happen no matter how good you think you are..one lapse in concentration is all it takes..i guess the exit hole was slightly bigger ?

Yea.. :yes: Didn't you get the Doc to take a pic?

That is awefull and I do wish you a very speedy recovery... things like this can happen to anyone and, in a split second it's over and done with.... let's be thankful it was that end of your body and not the other, or even worse.... someone elses! :o

Kudos for posting though... if that doesn't get you laid... nothing will... not many brits can show ladies the scars where they were shot :o

I have to ask this though.... I too have tried to do this and the only way I could get the muzzle to point at my foot whilst unloading and removing mag & bolt was to sit on the floor, back straight against the wall and legs out straight!

Are you by any chance a clay shooter, in the habit of resting the barrels on your foot when not shooting? I tried doing this with my rifle... very comfy position and I could fully believe the trigger being pulled inadvertantly whilst my mind was elsewhere, especially if I was tired!

Edited by Vipa

Just a thought (you're going to love this!): as bad as that looks, it could have been a lot worse! An inch or so back and you would probably have lost your foot. Swing the rifle around to put it in the wagon and click, headline story in the Daily Scum.

Not 'dissing' you mate, you're a bigger man than I for posting this (and I'm far from perfect). It will certainly reduce the number of those little 'blind moments' I'm sure we all have from time to time (and in the process, save a life).

post-36722-0-30545100-1322761534.jpgthanks for the nice comments guys. like i said before this thread was not put up for sympathy purposes but for making us all alot more aware that no matter how careful you think you are being an accident can still happen.

for those asking on how i actually got my foot in the way i cannot tell you for sure. i know the ground was at a slight incline but i cannot say for sure thats what made the difference. ive been through every detail in my head so many times and i just cant add up how i got my foot in the way.

on a better note im getting out of hospital all patched up tonight so thats cheered me up a little.

be safe guys

Looks nasty m8. Wish you well and a speedy recovery. Saw a guy in our shooting club a number of years ago do the same thing with a .223. It blew an inch of bone out of his foot according to the doctors. Take my hat off to you for high lighting this accident,reminds everyone out there about gun safety.

ATB,

Pat

dont have a pic of the exit wound and they wouldnt let me take a pic of the xrays. ive seen the xray and you wouldnt believe how many pieces a vmax round breaks up into but then it had already started its expansion goin through the welly boot so that might explain this. ive got a box of chocs here for the nurses il try persuade them one more time before i go.