The Sun

Lampwick

I am praying for exactly that :yes: :yes:

I cant understand these kind of statements :hmm::hmm: yes its true The Sun on Sunday was registered two days before the News of the World was closed down, News International, the arm of Murdochs empire which runs The Sun, News of the World ect ect is only 4% of Murdochs income...........Who would feel it worse if the Sun on Sunday was to fail ???? Mr Murdoch or the hundreds of "ordinary " staff employed by him on this title ?????

I cant understand these kind of statements :hmm::hmm: yes its true The Sun on Sunday was registered two days before the News of the World was closed down, News International, the arm of Murdochs empire which runs The Sun, News of the World ect ect is only 4% of Murdochs income...........Who would feel it worse if the Sun on Sunday was to fail ???? Mr Murdoch or the hundreds of "ordinary " staff employed by him on this title ?????

Do you think he's doing it for the staff?

Tell that to the News of The World staff!

Of course hes not doing it for the staff, my point is why would you want to see it fail, Murdoch wont be affected in any way,its only a tiny part of his annual income, but to the ordinary workers its there only source of income. The editorial staff of The news of the World were NEVER paid of so who do you think will be producing this new title ????????. If you dont agree with whats written in it dont buy it simples.........but to wish it to fail :no::no::no:

Lampwick its quite simple, News Int registered the name The Sun on Sunday two days before the News of the World folded, Murdoch or at least his senior staff were aware even then that a replacement title was in the pipe line. All editorial were put on whats knowen as " gardening leave " ie they were still getting paid even though they were not working......the thinking behind this.its cheaper to pay and keep them than to pay them off then re employ them if they were still avaible.

The Sun may now be only a small part of News Interational but the whole Empire has been built on it. I remember when it was relaunched by Murdoch they had load of word search competitions to win pets ( imagine that nowadays ??!) I brought the sun then as a child, as I so wanted a pet dog. In the end, probably to stop me buying the Sun, they gave in and we got an Irish Setter, loved that dog, grew up with her and still remember the feeling of loss after she lived to a good age but got ill and had to be put down.

I very rarely read newspapers these days as they all spout their own drivel and put their own tilt on whatever they do report on. Prefer to watch news on tv.

And flick through the Sport at work when some one buys it al least you don't read this for its news content ;-)

My wife went to the paper shop on sunday and she brought home a copy of the sun on sunday. This paper was obviosly printed for the northen reader as a lot of the content was based around Tynside I read it and formed the opinion that if it had contained some local news it would have been a good paper. I for one miss the N.O.W it was light reading and not packed with holidays like some. The northern sunday sun had a good article on fishing and a good motoring section to boot I look forward to buying it again this sunday and if it has more local content I will order it.

Peter

for me its a cynical attempt at disguising wrong doing - ooh we've been caught doing bad things - right our boss is so shocked and annoyed he's closing the whole thing down .............

anyone looking???

no??

right lets do it again but call it something different

stupid dumb punters will never know they've been had, stick some tits on the cover, throw a few prizes about and make out its an extension of a well loved institition not a rebadging of a digraced relic of a dying medium

ends.. :lol: