Ouch - WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO

deershooter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding benefits the only thing I have claimed is disability living allowance. I have been in full time employment since leaving school at 16 I have never had a day on the dole, and was still working from the hospital bed via a laptop and dongle. The hospital would not let me home for 14 days due to me not having a handrail at the toilet, 16 weeks later I was still waiting for social services to come however I was out of hospital.

I contacted social services a month before going in to hospital for the second operation to ask them for a higher toilet and some handrails I was told that as I had not had the second operation and could die during the operation that could be a waste of money even though I live in a council house they were so unhelpful.

They did deliver a ramp for the front door but that was propped up in the hall way waiting for social services to send some one round to fit it which never happened it went back after 16 weeks still in the box

On leaving hospital I returned home (I live on my own) the person who helped most was my mother I cannot thank her enough she came every night for 6 weeks its her who deserves the medal not me.

The hospital would not give me my second leg when it was made due to them thinking I would do too much on it ,I had to go for physio every two days and leave the leg it at the hospital eventually they gave me the leg to bring home but Ihad returned to work on the electric buggy 6 weeks earlier.

The disability living allowance is a non means tested benefit which helps with the jobs I am unable to do safely like gardening (I still do all the veg and fruit)along with the flowers its the mowing and digging I find hard

Life is hard but you have to go on its a way of life not a disability you just have to adapt and go on :good:

I am not looking for sympathy (you will find this between **** and syphilis in the dictionary) this is just a post to tell all that no matter how bad thing are there is always a brighter side to look forward to. Do not get your self down get your mates to come round for a beer in the evening and get the gun out and get shooting at the weekend

Happy shooting to all

Deersghooter

northeastshooter

I do like some one who can make me laugh. it was laughter and **** taking what got me thtrough this and by the way no I dont have anny slippers for sale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deershooter

Any shoe's , boots come on you must have something :hmm:

To you Sir i raise my hat and salute you :good:

Regards MM

my 11 year old son is type one, 5 years now, and i live in fear for him every moment of every day, but it is his life and i can only advise, a friend of mine became type 2 and developed depression... until my son got hold of him and had a little chat, his little inspiration he calls him now,

its people like you and my son who just give the universe two fingers and crack on with life that i truly, truly respect.

Tel Time-you need to do more than advise him at 11-you need to lay down the law.He will hate you in the short term but with puberty looming he needs to be as near angelic as possible.I was a total **** with my diabetes for 30 years but a Heart attack,a Stroke,loss of sight in my shooting eye followed finally by a double transplant has made me see the error of my ways.BTW well trousered Mr.deershooter-doesn't it pizz you off when you hear people beeching about having a cold.

Edited by bruno22rf

I wish you all the best mate, I dont have the words to properly describe how much in awe I am of you :thumbs:

Can't put into words either, best of luck for the future and a speedy recovery.

I suffer from Diabetes as well, and live with the constant pain of the nerve damage, which is can't a patch on what you have been through, my legs look like a war ground of poorly healed cuts and bruises. Hats off to you for your determination and effort in looking bright and is a encentive for others to show life carries on.

I really admire folk like you who get out and get on with things even when stuff like this gets in the way. Fair play to you fella, life is what you make of it and it looks like you don't let much stand in your way?!

I could have done with one of your legs earlier... I dropped a big rock on my foot - wouldn't have been a problem for you but it made me mutter a few choice words I can tell you! :lol::good:

Seriously though, cheers for posting this. Next time I have a rough day I'll keep my chin up and get on with it. I'm terrible for sulking but really have nothing to moan about!

Sir,I take my hat off to you.I have a good idea what you put yourself through to try and keep up with the "normal"people.I am an amputee too,left bellow knee,and knowing just how dificult some evryday tasks can be for me,I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.I think I am fortunate,I was able to retire at 48 and spend my time doing the things I like.

All the very best with your journey

john

Nothing more to add that hasn't already been said, you have my utmost respect!!! :good:

My granny was an amputee too, she was admitted to hospital one time but didn't have the leg with her.

You should have seen the looks I got walking through A.R.I. with her artificial leg complete with sock and trainer on, slung over my shoulder :lol:

Edited by Heilan Coo

I work for the Ambulance Service, I whizz round in those big yellow Taxi's the inebriated tend to prefer when they have drank all their money away and forgot to save their mini cab fare home.

Deershooter ... its a positive attitude and outlook that you have that I honestly believe makes people like yourself have a fulfilling life and to that end you have my most sincere respect. I believe you have to have a "greed" for life ... you have a great out look and long may it be so ... :good:

You are one determined guy, and deserve all the credit you get.

It made me think of some of the lazy scroats that I know, one is a thirty year old that has never

worked, claims he has depression, just working the benefit system.

He dreads the day that the doctors sign him off the sick.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure there are guys on here living close by you that will give

you help and encouragement while shooting, or whatever else you choose to do.