I have had better days at work

AVB

Had a right royal ding dong with my boss. He was giving me the Alex Ferguson 'hairdryer' treatment X 10. I gave some of it back but to be honest it wasn't worth it. I was sorely tempted to lump the yank *** which would have cost me my job but I wouldn't be sitting here now feeling very angry (mind you I would probably be in prison). What makes it worse I have to sit through various 'dignity at work' training session and listen to young kids moan because somebody had dared tell them off and then I get a good old fashioned verbal kicking for no real reason. Septics. You have to love 'em (not).

I am really tempted to crack open a beer which would be the first one in 12 years.

Nope I don't feel any better after writing it down. :angry::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Perhaps I will lump him tomorrow.

Edited to add that I know in the overall scheme of things and compared with what a lot of people on here are going through it is small change but it helps to share with you all. I know you all care :blush:

Edited by AVB

What do you work as AVB? I did the Americans great to deal with (I work for a US company) in fact - its the misery guts I work with here that are worse!

I am a ******. Used to be a Banker. In that industry Americans are the worst. Full of testosterone. They are referred to a big swinging *****.

don`t lump him that puts the ball in his court,but it is all getting silly in the work place .i had a barny with a work mate ,we both ended up in "HR" getting a lecture on how to talk to one another, i am the oldest one in our section and one of the lads calls me grandad and was told off for being ageist but i am a grandad so it was`nt a problem,political correctness going mad,, AVB don`t lower yourself to his level :good:

Rise above it bud, you have far too much to lose:

Your job for one

and god forbid your SGC or FAC, as I have heard that crimes of violence can cause these to be revoked.

Give the septic a smile and just think to yourself, you ****er ( I put the **** in there myself)

Rise above it and chin up, we all meet P***ks like that from time to time, he will get put on his back side one day, just hope your there to witness it.

ATB.

Schmoo.

Is that a public sector special or do you work in the private sector?

None the wiser.... :no:

Well I work for RBS so Private sector but I suppose public sector. We are as PC as anybody nowadays. All designed to protect the company from tribunals.

Think of a word that starts with W and sounds like Banker. That's what we all are nowadays

Had a right royal ding dong with my boss. He was giving me the Alex Ferguson 'hairdryer' treatment X 10. I gave some of it back but to be honest it wasn't worth it. I was sorely tempted to lump the yank *** which would have cost me my job but I wouldn't be sitting here now feeling very angry (mind you I would probably be in prison). What makes it worse I have to sit through various 'dignity at work' training session and listen to young kids moan because somebody had dared tell them off and then I get a good old fashioned verbal kicking for no real reason. Septics. You have to love 'em (not).

I am really tempted to crack open a beer which would be the first one in 12 years.

Nope I don't feel any better after writing it down. :angry::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Perhaps I will lump him tomorrow.

Edited to add that I know in the overall scheme of things and compared with what a lot of people on here are going through it is small change but it helps to share with you all. I know you all care :blush:

I work just round the corner for a similar institution, and yes the yanks are are pain, can't do anything without sending a self congratulatory email to the world.

Does he wear chinos pulled up to just below his nipples too? they love that look

Well I work for RBS so Private sector but I suppose public sector. We are as PC as anybody nowadays. All designed to protect the company from tribunals.

Think of a word that starts with W and sounds like Banker. That's what we all are nowadays

Ah right. Thanks. Must be a difficult time, especially with Peston and his ilk.

everytime my boss gives me a rollicking i always look straight into his eyes,dont listen to a thing he is saying,but i always think of how many different ways i could knock him out before he hits the deck..works for me

mikky

I note a strain of violent tendencies running through your posts young man. :blink:

are you free to give us the reason for this ####ing from hell ?

I actually have two bosses. One Brit and one Yank. Matrix Management they call it. Now when you have two ambitious people with big egos who are peers they get very paranoid. Both of them think that the other is trying to stitch them up and I am in the middle of it. So Yank boss got upset that I told Brit boss something first (which imho was the right thing to do as it impacted a UK memeber of staff). He then thinks it's a conspiracy against him and all hell lets loose.

Matrix management rarely works especially when you have nutters around.

Depends on how much you value your job fella.Ive been working away for the last two weeks and the lad I get the jobs from was being a right royal tool so I played him at his own game,he couldn't take it and I doubt if I'll get anymore work from him but I'm nay that bothered.If you think getting more work elsewhere will not be a problem I would tell him to poke it up his farther.

Edited by sako751sg