Anyone had cubs yet

pavman

I have not seen any or found and active earth as yet on my bits i shot 2 vixens jan that may have thined them out and a dog last week so i rekkon he was feeding a family but where i dont know, Highlander says he shot a half grown cub a week or so back but I dont know of any more here as yet

what about you guys :hmm:

shot a milky vixen week before last dog is still about and they are just starting to leave signs of playing out. I've sort of left them to get a bit more mobile so they are easier to sort out with the rifle as the hole is in a horrible place to shoot. **** law shooting the vixen as the dog has been giving me the run about for weeks :oops: always skylined and you are so restricted where you can sit, two sides are straight at the village.

• 3 weeks later...

update to this had my first two above ground while having a walk about the pens yesterday, shot the first not far from the hole and the dog collected the other. A pretty good size and well could have left them but it was a location thats hard to sit at so best to get what I could even if they move on. On our ground they tend to get to a certain size then move into the oilseed rape and you don't get hold of them till harvest so any sorted out now give the partridges more chance to raise some young.

Myself and nipper sat and watched 5 cubs playing the other night as we waited for the vixen (who didn't appear :rolleyes: )

But the next morning a dog fox did appear... :yes:

Similar thing for me last night was watching 5 else 6 only one ever presented a safe shot so left em for now, don't want her moving em.

Terriers are going in soon.

Karpman

I haven't shot any yet but I do have a couple of litters that I am keeping my eye on for the time being as my terrier man is not the most reliable of people and I don't want to take a cub out just for the vixen to move and relocate the rest of the litter! I am also getting quite a few reports of foxes being seen out hunting in the daytime trying to get food to keep the cubs happy!