pw sales section

tweedledee

I wouldn`t have a problem with it provided ..............

The reply about the item being cheaper elsewhere is written as though it`s friendly advice and not written like it`s a personal attack.

Absolutely - I have sold stuff on other sites and genuinely not known that it was discounted elsewhere. I also don't want to rip people off, or get into a long discussion later about the price, so a polite message pointing this out helps both seller and buyer

What is all this "What is your best / lowest price" stuff too?

When I get asked this, I would rather cut the item up with an angle grinder and bury it in the garden. :yes:

Dang right! I used to do the occasional boot sale and you would get all the &&^%@~ coming up and saying "I'll give you a fiver" for something priced at £50, then arguing the toss/slagging you off if you won't. I'll donate it to the charity shop first before being taken the P out of by idiots like that!

Edited by Bloke

the car boot analogy ......lol

I once was walking around a local car boot and saw a lady selling an old gun slip, it was ideal for a 410 that i had at the time, how much i asked? a fiver was the reply....i genuinely only had £4.50 change so i offered that and she got into a right strop, it was my late fathers and means a lot to me........my response....if it means that much to you, why are you selling it? she couldn't reply......i am sure if her old dad was a shooting man he would have rather it went to another shooter to use on his young sons gun than be thrown away

something i have noticed no one mentions when the advice is the other way......i have seen on here people selling items too cheap, and seen people saying things like thats cheap, but does anyone tell them to remove it and resubmit it with a better price?

the car boot analogy ......lol

I once was walking around a local car boot and saw a lady selling an old gun slip, it was ideal for a 410 that i had at the time, how much i asked? a fiver was the reply....i genuinely only had £4.50 change so i offered that and she got into a right strop, it was my late fathers and means a lot to me........my response....if it means that much to you, why are you selling it? she couldn't reply......i am sure if her old dad was a shooting man he would have rather it went to another shooter to use on his young sons gun than be thrown away

something i have noticed no one mentions when the advice is the other way......i have seen on here people selling items too cheap, and seen people saying things like thats cheap, but does anyone tell them to remove it and resubmit it with a better price?

I did, it was a an absolute cracker of a Martini actioned Greener s/b.

Was as new and only wanted £50 for it, but rather than post on the sales post I pm'd him telling him it was far too cheap for what it was,

I could have bought it myself and flogged it on, but didnt, I have a very tatty one which i paid £50 for.

He removed it, researched it and sold it for a more realistic price.

He sent me a pm thanking me, he just thought it was an old s/b shotgun.

:shaun:

Sometimes people put things up for sale in a clear out without researching their value.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with somebody linking to a cheaper offer. Likewise I'd probably greatly appreciate it if somebody pointed out I had under priced something.

PW is full of mostly honest folks. :yes:

What really gets up my nose is when somebody prices some something at a very reasonable price and the scroungers then ask for a best price . There was a cracking browning citori advertised very recently at a give away price ,yes one of the opportunists asked for a cheaper price . I had to post ,never look a gift horse in the mouth . Yes I would also like to know if an item is over priced or cheaper else where .

Harnser .

What really gets up my nose is when somebody prices some something at a very reasonable price and the scroungers then ask for a best price .

Harnser .

we had a lot of this when i used to help out in my friends gun shop, what really made me cringe one day was one chap came in who was a friend of the boss, stood there for a good few hours bitching and moaning about all the people who came in the shop for a cuppa and not much else. Eventually, after he'd slagged off just about everyone who'd ever stepped across the threshold, proceeded to ask for the very best (cheap) price we could do 1 cz 22lr mag!

I have got first dibs on them. I have a few questions first though -

1) Will you deliver to the Outer Hebrides?

2) I haven't got a sugar licence, will you hold them indefinitely for me?

3) Will you do a PX for a wheel brace off a Reliant Robin?

4) I only have 50p, if you don't sell them will you let me know?

5) Does your price include the van and all your tools and a trip to Barbados?

6) Will you sell the sachet separately from the sugar?

7) Will you RFD the sachet to me for nothing? My RFD does it for nothing you know.

8) I know you said that they were sugar but are they salt?

9) Have you got any turnips?

All the above are based on my recent experience :yes::good:

If only you were nearer ..........

If only you were nearer ..........

I had that one too.

When I offered to deliver a gun whilst "Oop North", the person suddenly changed their mind. Turns out talk IS cheap - well cheaper than actually buying a gun :rolleyes:

I did, it was a an absolute cracker of a Martini actioned Greener s/b.

Was as new and only wanted £50 for it, but rather than post on the sales post I pm'd him telling him it was far too cheap for what it was,

I could have bought it myself and flogged it on, but didnt, I have a very tatty one which i paid £50 for.

He removed it, researched it and sold it for a more realistic price.

He sent me a pm thanking me, he just thought it was an old s/b shotgun.

:shaun:

Some one also did it recently with the lead swastika thingy...

The "if only you were nearer" brigade just give an item on sale a bump

But what if the ability to bump threads had been disabled in the Trading Post all along? ;) ;) ;)

Why? Because why should someone who comes on every day whose thread reads "I've got an item for sale.. Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump" deserve to have his thread above someone who just says "I've got an item for sale" and then lets it take its chances?

So yes, all those folks who come on and bump, or try to do disguised bumps like "to the top" etc, you are completely wasting your time. Wait 21 days and then relist like everyone else :yes:

Nothing wrong with trying to get the price down <_<

Doesn't make you a scrounger, it shows that you have something between your ears.

If the poor wallflower doesn't want to accept a lower offer, they can always say "no", it's easy when you try. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with trying to get the price down <_<

Doesn't make you a scrounger, it shows that you have something between your ears.

If the poor wallflower doesn't want to accept a lower offer, they can always say "no", it's easy when you try. :rolleyes:

Ok in that case I will give you a fiver for your Baikal. <_<

I don't see an issue with people asking if you'll take less, making an offer is part of any trading, and to object to someone offering less as a matter of principle is just stupid.

That doesn't mean I like the pathetic ones, but as long as it is not insultingly low there is no harm done. If you don't like it, simply say no.

As to people commenting on the price of things, personally if I were selling something I think I'd be happy for someone to point out if I've got the price wrong, provided anything they say is polite and accurate. It keeps the whole system more fair and helps prevent people paying too much for items, whether due to a mistake or greed/dishonesty. It's part of the helpfulness that helps make this forum so great.

I don't see an issue with people asking if you'll take less, making an offer is part of any trading, and to object to someone offering less as a matter of principle is just stupid.

That doesn't mean I like the pathetic ones, but as long as it is not insultingly low there is no harm done. If you don't like it, simply say no.

As to people commenting on the price of things, personally if I were selling something I think I'd be happy for someone to point out if I've got the price wrong, provided anything they say is polite and accurate. It keeps the whole system more fair and helps prevent people paying too much for items, whether due to a mistake or greed/dishonesty. It's part of the helpfulness that helps make this forum so great.

what he said :rolleyes:

I agree! I was selling my iPhone on here recently and it was well worth the money I was aking for it and subsaquently sold it the very same day. Neadless to say before I did sell it some **** head smart **** comes on advising people it £20 over priced! :sly:

If you have no interest in buying it they keep your bloody nose out! what the ****s it got to do with you!! :angry: