• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Renee Flemming......... Great

Alfie........great

Tom........ Great

When the event is being beamed the world over why field poor quality?

I expect Linda McCartney would be rolling in her grave if she knew her husband had been introduced by a Beefeater :oops:

It's ok he was a quorn-eater tonight :lol:

Lang lang ........great

Called lights....

... Bless

really...i thought it was fairy dust and wizards....I know its lights and projectors you plank...

why do people watch something for 3hrs...then moan about it...TURN OVER

I agree the artist have been average at best...The production has been good tho...

including the LIGHTS malk.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is a public access Forum and smutty innuendo is not appreciated by everyone.

Hmmm. I've no wish to be obstreperous but by that rationale I fear you best lock most of the clay shooting meet threads, definitely our Cotswold ones which are frankly filthy, and about a zillion others which contain, more or less a degree of it. Some of which you might, if so inclined, term homophobic, even though I wouldn't apply that term myself.

However if you're referring to the smutty innuendo aimed at Elton John specifically then you really ought to come out and say it.

I recall a recent thread where (moderators included I believe) posted pictures of 'smashed in back doors' when discussing (IIRC) the woman on Countdown. Or some other game show. Where was the concern about the public's sensibilities then? I suggest that was far more offensive.

I can see the headline on Vegan News: "Armed hunters make sick jokes about aggravated sodomy of TV presenter."

Hmmm. I've no wish to be obstreperous but by that rationale I fear you best lock most of the clay shooting meet threads, definitely our Cotswold ones which are frankly filthy, and about a zillion others which contain, more or less a degree of it. Some of which you might, if so inclined, term homophobic, even though I wouldn't apply that term myself.

However if you're referring to the smutty innuendo aimed at Elton John specifically then you really ought to come out and say it.

I recall a recent thread where (moderators included I believe) posted pictures of 'smashed in back doors' when discussing (IIRC) the woman on Countdown. Or some other game show. Where was the concern about the public's sensibilities then? I suggest that was far more offensive.

I can see the headline on Vegan News: "Armed hunters make sick jokes about aggravated sodomy of TV presenter."

What a well constructed and well argued post, far better than i could do, no way that will get a reply! :good:

There goes the next Cotswolds thread, good work Dunc :lol: :lol:

Regarding the Elton John thread I was only having a bit of banter.

For the record I'm not homophobic. I'm not Gay either but my boyfriend is.

What the hell was that Grace Jones garbage? She looked like Wesley Snipes post op and certainly couldn't sing :no: :no:

The sound man should be given his P45 the gig sounded absolute tripe. All muffled with no top end at all and the bands drowning out the artists.

The whole thing was naff.

Was I the only one who enjoyed it? It was the best 3 hours the BBC have broadcasted for years. The light show, effects op the palace and fireworks were all amazing, the sound could have been better but it takes a lot for such quick change overs with huge bands. Without sounding funny a lot of the singers are getting old so arent going to be as strong performers. Only people who i didnt enjoy were Cheryl Cole who was just terrible and should never of been on the stage, the lady with the hula hoop what on earth was that all about?? and Miranda Hart who i think is the least funny women in the world. All in all though i think it was a great show and the atmosphere there looked great with everyone dancing and enjoying themselves.

Onced again the cheryl cole needs to learn to sing :no:

i have followed the whole of the jubilee celebrations, i think she is greaat the concert was brilliant entertainment, however i think elton is a vile little man whos performance was sheer rubbish i also think macca should hand in the towel he was toot too, but on a whole what a night, shirley and tom where awsome, matt

I agree, it's a case of "dont do as I do, do as I tell you".

Wont be long now before this one is locked as well.

This is purely hypothetical of course but I've sometimes wondered what would happen if William either abdicated/died/otherwise didn't become king.

If it was then left to Harry there would be a right hoo-haa, and would the royals then come clean (if James Hewitt is the daddy that is).