Gained custody of my children...

Ricko

Picked my kids up in half-term to spend some time with me.

48 hrs later their mother (my ex-wife) has died in hospital,

and the children are legally in my care.

Time to de-clutter my life and share it fully with my lovely kids.

great news for you with the children...I expect the kids are a upset and confused with the loss of there mother at the...Im sure it'll all work out good for you all.... :good: :good:

I thought your comments was in very pore taste the children's mum has just died how can that be good at any time.

Not good news I hope that everything works out well for you in the end but you have got a hard few months to look forward to.

I thought your comments was in very pore taste the children's mum has just died how can that be good at any time.

Not good news I hope that everything works out well for you in the end but you have got a hard few months to look forward to.

Some how i don`t really think Smig meant his words in the way they have been written.

Sorry for your loss.I hope all goes well for you but is it as cut and dried as you have stated?

Many thanks for all your kind sentiments.

It has been a real shock.

The kids are coping really well and know that there will be changes.

As my daughter commented, I have been a good non-resident daddy, now I need to be a good resident daddy.

My house is no longer mine it is 'our' home.

Thanks to freecycle I have had a steady stream of people collecting good junk.

Need to split the main bedroom into 2 smaller bedrooms.

Just back from a mate who is going to start decorating next week for me, he's even got all the paint from this weeks job to do mine.

Without going into details my kids have had a rough time during the last 12/18 months, the future will be better for them.

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your Ex! It must be turmoil for the Kids. I raised my lad on my own for the last 14 years but the difference is we have not lost his Mum. You already seem to show the right attitude, it's not my home it's our's :good:

A partition wall should be an easy enough affair to split the room into two. There are so many things to sort when Kids come to live with you it's unreal.

Change of phone No and address for the School records, Change of doctors and dental surgery etc etc. It takes time but you get there.

Plenty of open sympathetic ears here buddy.