265 members have voted

1. 1. Is this new format a load of ********

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to give up reading posts as nigh on every one I clicked on wasn't displayed properly, pages were jumping etc, I'd end up half way down page four of a topic when clicking to read the opening page and so on, it drove me bonkers........it's all good now.

I see we're up to 20 posts per page... That's an improvement, but more would still be nice if possible? Thanks for your efforts, mods.

i've looked into that and got it up to 20 for everyone - unfortunately we can no longer customise per person - as the forum organises itself by page now, so if you had 30 posts per page and everyone else had 20 it would muck up the database.

It's improving, and I'm minding it less, it's not all bad. The improved colours take the pain from the eyes, the increased number of posts per page is good, and no doubt other things are getting better that I have not yet noticed.

As to the number of posts on the page, I understand that it has to be the same for everyone, personally I think it would be better to have 30 per page. Perhaps we should do a poll on this, see what would be best for the majority of users?

Well done mods, keep up the good work, I know it won't be an easy time for you.

Please change back to the old system :sad1: I understand upgrades need to be made but this is not one of them as I said before I can't see the site proparly at work and in all fairness dont like the new set up.

Sadly I shall be signing off until further notice as this has REALLY spoilt what used to be a fantastic and easy t use website :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Mods - apologies for being a dumb wotsit but when i use the reply function none of the icons are live so i cant get smiley's, post a link etc - i have tried changing to basic too and my Adobe Flash is latest version as best i know - any ideas how i can get the features to be live? Ta

What i would like to see is, next time there is an update, an "official" thread where the admin/mods tell us that an update has taken place (an explanation why would be nice as well) and mention any known changes, additions or issues at that time.

We could then use the thread to give constructive feedback and report any issues or problems. This thread has eventually sort of turned into that. I know it is still likley to get bombarded with general "moaning" but it might be worth a try.

One issue - I don't know whether it is deliberate or not, but the tags at the top of tagged posts are only readable if you hover the mouse over them as the grey text on a grey background isn't visible otherwise. (On PC)

Edited by HW682

Mods - apologies for being a dumb wotsit but when i use the reply function none of the icons are live so i cant get smiley's, post a link etc - i have tried changing to basic too and my Adobe Flash is latest version as best i know - any ideas how i can get the features to be live? Ta

Ahh i am a dumb wotsit - toggle edit mode - sneaky little blighter :whistling::)

The forum still doesn't always take me to the last post in a thread but, sometimes, it *does*. Anyone know why?

Is there a "get you to the last post" facility on the mobile version?

Yeah, more posts per page would take a *complete* page longer to load but, overall, it'd quicker. (Less navigation pointin' an' clickin'.) Also, don't forget that you can read one page while another is loading.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I'd still like a single button that marked the forum as "read" on the mobile site.

Just to recap.

1). An announcement was made regarding the upcoming format change, http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/212072-forum-software-upgrade/page__hl__upgrade .

2) It was not an option, it had to be done to correct serious security issues.

3) We didn't design it and we have been (and still are) sorting out adjustments that suit Pigeon Watch.

Some issues are still outstanding with the Board Providers and they may need to make further modifications.

The vast majority of members are having no problems, but if you are please notify a Moderator and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

The forum still doesn't always take me to the last post in a thread but, sometimes, it *does*. Anyone know why?

Is there a "get you to the last post" facility on the mobile version?

Yeah, more posts per page would take a *complete* page longer to load but, overall, it'd quicker. (Less navigation pointin' an' clickin'.) Also, don't forget that you can read one page while another is loading.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. I'd still like a single button that marked the forum as "read" on the mobile site.

On the mobile version clicking on the thread title seems to take me to the first unread post.

On the full version- click on the blue star/circle to the left of each topic title to go to the first unread post.

Posts per page, we have already increased this. Above this level and not only are the pages extremely long, but the pagination (navigate to page numbers) gets increasingly less useful.

Just to recap.

1). An announcement was made regarding the upcoming format change, http://forums.pigeon...ge__hl__upgrade .

2) It was not an option, it had to be done to correct serious security issues.

3) We didn't design it and we have been (and still are) sorting out adjustments that suit Pigeon Watch.

Some issues are still outstanding with the Board Providers and they may need to make further modifications.

The vast majority of members are having no problems, but if you are please notify a Moderator and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

Could there be anything done with the picture uploads ,Just a thought if and when you are in conversation with the board providers ?