importing a choke from the us.

Albert 888

Best of luck. I asked a few chaps to post bits over. Apparently they introduced some stupid law that stops them shipping gun related stuff abroad? All i was after was some .177 cal balls. They are so arsey about it now it's unbelievable :no:

Cheers,Its allways the same,You can get a brand new cz 527 kevlar varmint .223 for £453 from the states i wont even ask about importing one of those.

forget guns and gun parts per se. Choke tubes though should be fine to ship out as they are not a highly regulated part. The problem is finding a retailer who is willing to ship at a reasonable price. Try the smaller dealers or 'local' gunshops.

You'll have to pay VAT over here on the cost + shipping cost, plus there will be a handling fee from parcel force of either £8 or £14. So you'll be looking at about £70-75 (42+ £12 shipping + £10 VAT + £8 handling). How much does it cost over here?

thanks

rick

you wont eascape the parselforce fee and extra vat, extra carrige and handling, extra credit card fee for currency change. I only do bigger orders for this reason now, otherwise its better buying in rip off Britain. How far is your parselforce depot i have to go to Leyland!

you wont eascape the parselforce fee and extra vat, extra carrige and handling, extra credit card fee for currency change. I only do bigger orders for this reason now, otherwise its better buying in rip off Britain. How far is your parselforce depot i have to go to Leyland!

Parcelforce is about 5 mile away,and dont have a credit card,the us site recomended i buy thier product from france.

Cool thanks :good: glad I spotted this, just ordered a choke for my mossberg 835................ now I'll wait and see :sad1:

the guy (Stephen) that owns & runs this site is a very good friend of mine, he stayed with me here last summer and he's a keen shooter himself, I've had many chokes sent over from his company and I've Never been done for any charges or taxes, mention my name (Nigel) and he'll sort you out at the best prices on the net ! his service is fast and reliable

you might get stung for vat if uk customs decide to open mail and check it over £18 from outside uk is subject to tax,i got stung for a us silver dollar it cost me £1. 80 vat and £9 surcharge from the robbin royal mail to get my coin.

You might make inquiries to see if anyone is coming over and have them acquire them for you. It would save in many ways. I would advise Tru-lok tubes as Anthony has named, they seem to be one of the best available here and have a large following.

It is a pain to ship anything over on our end with all the paperwork at the Post Office and then there is the matter of compensation. I have only been stung once, but that was enough.

You might make inquiries to see if anyone is coming over and have them acquire them for you. It would save in many ways. I would advise Tru-lok tubes as Anthony has named, they seem to be one of the best available here and have a large following.

It is a pain to ship anything over on our end with all the paperwork at the Post Office and then there is the matter of compensation. I have only been stung once, but that was enough.

I bought trulock 2 extended full for my sp3 and 1 extended full for my uncles 20g $146 all in :) :)

Think the import tax from the US is all dependent on if the mailer posts as a gift and doesn't note the correct price. Bought some electronic ear defender for 50 dollars inc p&p and expected to pay the tax. Turned up via the postie, noted as a gift and only 20 dollars value, no extra tax, sweet.

Totally agree with Brown Sauce! I bought a synthetic stock and forend for my beretta al390 from the states and expected extra charges. Fair play to the seller as he advised to keep the value low on the custom form, mark as gift and the description as plastic machine parts! Box arrived untouched and no fees :-D

• 3 weeks later...