things you"v lost

rapid basher

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost my Marttiini knife on a golf course one night,walked it twice but couldn't find it,went back the next day,parked up and it was on the small wall from the night before where i had parked.Same golf course,realised the next day my knife was missing,walked around the course and there was my knife stuck in the ground by one of the tees,surprised no golfers had picked it up.

Also took Taxidriver out when he was on holiday down here,took my glasses off and put them on the bonnet to take a shot,drove around for a while and realised my specs were missing,we searched for about an hour with no luck.The next day i drove onto the permission parked up where i noticed they were missing and prepared myself for a few miles of walking,i walked 15yds and there were my specs folded up unmarked on the grass,i drove within an inch of them a few times the night before.

So if i lose anything else i will concentrate on the 10yds around my vehicle first.

whilst out shooting, lost snap caps - quite a few different ones along the line. Lost scope covers, never to be seen again. Lost the mtm ammo box but found that just behind the gate post, must of come out of the pocket climbing over the gate. Also lost a few knives over a few years. The other funny one is lost a few rabbits shoot them and rather than carry them round will get a few together and tie them to a known fence post, gone back and gone, I can only presume that charlie has had them

Once lot a ferret, spent two hours looking for him, two hours blocking up holes and setting live catch traps. Started driving home and saw him running about in the driveway of the way out. (about 400meters from where I was ferreting)

A strange combination of happiness, relief and annoyance.

My favourite sheath knife,complete with sheath.Had no belt on at the time so just shoved it in my jacket pocket.We were later shooting down a steep hill and left when the midges got too much.Reckon it slid out of my pocket on the steep incline.Went back to look the next day but no joy.

Also a Lowenpro camera case and the hood from a jacket,and more fishing tackle than you would find in a tackle shop!Good job my balls are in a bag!

managed to lose a very nice Breitling Super Ocean watch on my stag night :mad: Drunk as a skunk and woke up in the morning minus said watch! thinking the lads had taken it from me the night before as a joke (they had tried to do the very thing on the 1st night and failed) asked them at breakfast time only to be told that they hadnt :( Wife to be was impressed as you can imagine!! Lost many other things but the watch is def the worst!!!