Ultimate Fry up?

wildfowler.250

I was just wondering what the consensus on this site is as to what constitutes a proper fry-up. I realise this is slightly subjective but interested to know what you would all add?

Hopefully I've attatched a fry up I made the other morning. It has Snipe, Bacon, Hash Browns, tattie scones,(or as my irish friends call it "potatoe bread" :rolleyes:), beans and tomatoes. I think It definately needed black pudding and grilled mushrooms though before its anywhere near a proper breakfast :P Anything else I missed out?

post-11837-0-09439400-1347112786_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are those cherry tomatoes.............?

you have ruined a breakfast with your fancy, la de da, guardian reading, RSPB supporting sun kissed cherry tomatoes.

I'll bet they were orgainic on the vine too!

:lol: I didn't buy them but yes they were on a vine..tasted good grilled :P I agree some sausages should have been included. The snipe should have been on buttery toast :hmm:

Heart attack? Last time I got my BMI checked the woman told me off for 'not having enough body fat' :lol: I need to put on weight!

add FADGE. Norn irish for tattie scones/potatoe bread. An Ulster Fry is not one without Fadge.

There is potatoe bread there. Is that the same as fadge? Had a fry up in carrick? once and it was pretty awesome!

Every Sunday is me cooking breakfast day for my wife and two girls. Last Sunday was:

Two toast covered in creamy scrambled eggs with chives, topped with smoked salmon; on the side was asparagus fried in a little oilive oil and finished off with lime and grilled tomatoes covered in fresh ground pepper, sea salt and olive oil.

Mmmmmmmmmm Mmmm

Every Sunday is me cooking breakfast day for my wife and two girls. Last Sunday was:

Two toast covered in creamy scrambled eggs with chives, topped with smoked salmon; on the side was asparagus fried in a little oilive oil and finished off with lime and grilled tomatoes covered in fresh ground pepper, sea salt and olive oil.

Mmmmmmmmmm Mmmm

Stealing that :good: I've done the eggs with chives and salmon but never added the tomatoes with S&P.

Thanks!

looks agood starter that does :good:

Cheers, she filled a hole :lol:

It was proved that of most traditional breakfast meals the cooked or full English was not the worst for you. It was the pastrys that the French eat lol.

I like mine as big as it gets :)

Sausage bacon black pud pork loan or spam mushrooms fryed bread beans and tomatoes (from a tin please ! ) toast a loaf I you would and a pot of tea to wash it down ;)

It's a sin to let baked beans any where near a fry............ Definitely needs a soda and a big pot of tay to wash it down. :yes:

Really?? I don't think I've ever had a fry without beans!

I have to say most of you have it pretty well covered! Going to have to give this a bash maybe Monday morning after a flight.

And don't worry, there's always tea :lol: just didn't make the picture :good:

Any less is actually illegal.

:lol::good:

Sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, fried bread, hash browns, black pudding.

Everything, except the beans, must be fried NOT grilled, and served with lashings of hot tea and bread and butter.

Job jobbed :good:

If you added tomatoes I would agree, however, beans fried in bacon fat are pure heaven

A must on a breakfast

:shaun: