alpha max ?

hi,

my land owner is having a clear out and has offered me around 10 slabs of carts for 35 quid a slab, great price whatever they are, but i know that 4 of them are eley alphamax 32g 12g no6,. my question is that all the searching i have done is that alphamax carts are bismouth, alloy type shot not lead! do they make alphas in lead too? i will buy them regardless but will receive them friday.

cheers 12.

I have a box, blood red case and surprisingly a Guilandi Super G type plastic wad. I thought being a rolled turnover closure that they would be fibre.

Gawd knows what I'm going to use BB's for though, better off melting them down and turning them into something useful.

Use them for drey poking greys that soon moves them :good:

I've just been given half a dozen to try in my 3 inch magnum O/U.

These are marked:

Eley Alphamax Magnum

46g BB 75mm

I thought i might hold on to them in case Charlie shows up while out rough shooting.

Just out of interest what choke would any of you suggest for these as I guess that these might rattle my false crunchers a little with too tight a choke?

Yes used them in early 60s being young i thought heavy loads were the way to go even on pigeons.A small gun shop used to load paper cartridges with 1 1/2oz in 2 3/4 case with green bat powder and r/t obviously loaded on the low velocity principle. They were cheaper than eley also remember getting a box of eley gastight from stensbys served by old man stensby. Dipper.