Cabelas

robben77

Over the last 10 years i have bought all sorts of kit from Cabella's from my skeet vest to luggage, from my gore tex jacket to underwear. I tend to get stuff delivered to my aunt in the US , she unacks and detags and sends it on as "secondhand".

As oner of the larger forum members I really appreciate that a lot of their gear is available in big sizes too - just about everything is available to 3xl and some stuff to 5xl!

The quality of their own brand gear makes the upmarket brands here look like muck..

Bought a pair of chest waders from them a couple of seasons ago, excellent product!

If you put the item's you are intrested in to the basket and follow the process through to checkout it will add the shipping & tax charges in before you have to committ to the sale!

Nice one cheers fellas, how does the cabelas stuff fit cos I'm normally a medium/large, American sizes are bit bigger yeah?

Americal sizes are renowned for not varying between manufacturer. they do a size guide that is accurate in the catalogue and online.

I'm off to Minnesota in a few weeks to visit my brother. There's a huge Cabelas nearby and I will be going with an empty suitcase (or two) and a big shopping list :)

The easy answer there could be to remove the price tags & packaging etc and bring them through as returning personal belongings or even better, have your brother buy them for you and give them to you as gifts because I don't think you pay duty on gifts and you can always give him a gift of cash back as a thank you. LOL!

The easy answer there could be to remove the price tags & packaging etc and bring them through as returning personal belongings or even better, have your brother buy them for you and give them to you as gifts because I don't think you pay duty on gifts and you can always give him a gift of cash back as a thank you. LOL!

if the value of the gift is more than £36(approx) then they can charge tax/duties,

andrew

I bought a very nice Realtree Cammo coat from them 4 or 5 years ago, but surface mail delivery from the states took 6 weeks, I got stuffed for both import duty by HMRC and a "handling fee" by Parcelforce, I had to pick the parcel up from some depot miles away, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it, so won't be doing it again.

Cat.

For returning from the US your customs allowance is £390 each,

"

Other goods including perfume and souvenirs

You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 without having to pay tax and/or duty.

If you arrive by private plane or private boat for pleasure purposes, you can only bring in other goods worth up to £270 tax and duty free.

If you bring in any single item worth more than your allowance, you must pay duty and/or tax on the full item value, not just the value above the allowance. You also cannot group individual allowances together to bring in an item worth more than the limit."

we need to talk.hehe

Always happy to talk Phil, but if it's about bringing something back, I might struggle :( I'll be taking family Christmas presents out and bringing a load back, as well as trying to squeeze an RCBs Rockchucker, a bucket load of reloading gear, shooting gadgets and a couple of Android tablets into my bags!