on strike again

dazsl

I wish you the very best of luck! Being an x shop steward I hate to see these massive companies kick their employees like this and hope you get the public behind you for support, sadly I think the timing will be against you due to Xmas run up! Folks will simply use their nearest shop be it Tesco or Asda and wont really consider boycotting to help you! However best of luck and hopefully you get some good news at the end of it!

At least you're fighting, highlight the abuses by Tesco and Stobart, lets get protesting it is working against Starbucks.

Best wishes

Not wanting to drift off topic here but I really don't see the cause of complaint against the likes of Starbucks.

Nothing they have done is illegal. You cannot pay more tax than is due - you can't decide to 'donate' more tax revenue to HMRC and HMRC would not be allowed to accept it if you did. The directors of a company have a fiduciary duty to maximise profits and minimise expendature; if they deliberately decided to magage the company's tax affairs in a more costly fashion when a cheaper one was an option then they would be in breach of that duty and could be sued. They could even be convicted of a criminal offence, I would imagine.

J.

Not wanting to drift off topic here but I really don't see the cause of complaint against the likes of Starbucks.

Nothing they have done is illegal. You cannot pay more tax than is due - you can't decide to 'donate' more tax revenue to HMRC and HMRC would not be allowed to accept it if you did. The directors of a company have a fiduciary duty to maximise profits and minimise expendature; if they deliberately decided to magage the company's tax affairs in a more costly fashion when a cheaper one was an option then they would be in breach of that duty and could be sued. They could even be convicted of a criminal offence, I would imagine.

J.

"You cannot pay more tax than is due"

Classic ... they didn`t pay any!!

The directors of a company have a fiduciary duty to maximise profits and minimise expendature; if they deliberately decided to magage the company's tax affairs in a more costly fashion when a cheaper one was an option then they would be in breach of that duty and could be sued. They could even be convicted of a criminal offence, I would imagine.

J.

The requirements of Companies Act 2006 SS.170-175 are a bit more nuanced than profit maximisation I'm afraid and don't extend to requiring aggressive tax planning. Efficient tax planning perhaps, but not to the extent used by some.

Edited by guest1957

Don't let MPs make laws, get some tax experts in, simples. There is no tax avaoidance going on, the companies are using the holes in current legislation that were created by poorly created laws.

If i was worth millions after creating thousands of jobs, i would wnat to pay as little as possible in tax.

Sadly, so much in this country is driven by envy.

I am one generation of out a pit village BTW.

To get back on track....

Good luck but you cant win,

there will always be somebody willing to do your job for less pay,

only IF you had the backing of the tgwu/urtu and the tuc AND everyone was prepared to come out and support you then you have chosen the best time to shut the country down,

alas it wont happen.....people arnt bothered about you and your job, it has become the norm these days

I've never been a believer in striking because you never get back what you lose,

the unions will make all the right noises but they get paid whether you strike or not, they wont support you in this :no:

just my tuppence worth

:shaun: (ex HGV driver)

I have to say I hate Tescos with a passion so good luck,

I couldn't agree more. We moved our weekly spend to Sainsbury's some years ago because we fell out with Tesco. Since then I've learned what a hard deal they (Tesco) pushed on one of my landowners who used to supply them eggs so I'm unlikely to go back.

A mate of mine worked for Tesco in their warehouse and apparently their contracts contain a packing target which is impossible to meet. So they'll be happy with your performance even though you're under target, but only until they want you gone. Then it becomes an issue and you can be sacked without a defense. Kind of stinks really doesn't it.

All the best with the fight fella. I'm not sure how well you'll do but good luck all the same. I'd love to see Tesco fall flat on their face, the greedy ********!

Edit... I just posted the bottom picture on Facebook and asked people to share it. There's no better way to spread the word than to drop the story into the world of bored housewives who have nothing better to do than moan!

Edited by njc110381

My wife got made redundant last week after 12 years because they wanted to replace her with someone cheaper. Spoke to an employment law solicitor about it and they said to just accept the redundancy offer and move on. Apparently saving money by hiring someone cheaper is considered legitimate practice, so we just have to suck it up.