.17hmr

Keeperchris

cant go wrong with cz imo

I couldn't agree more but it is well worth getting the trigger kit, it will make a world of difference. I took a member out yesterday morning with his new CZ 452 (With a standard trigger) and allowed him to try my .243 which has had the trigger "worked on" (By a qualified gun smith) - He couldn't believe the difference a good trigger can make!

As for the CZ 452 they are built to last and reasonably priced - Worth the money but even more so with the trigger kit!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Just been out and brought an Anshutz 1517 with LEI mod and its great! Nice chequering on the stock, nice weight, extra mag was expensive (£48 for an 8 shot aftermarket one) the standard one is only 4 shot! Not cheap but I'm more than happy with it! I'd def have a look at one before you get a cz, saying that the CZs are cracking guns!

Cz 452 synthetic nickel.

About £370 is brand new, no need to worry about it getting wet/damp.

Synthetic stock can take being rested on gates/fence posts etc without marking.

Brill little rifle.

If you can find one for that, snap it up straightaway. My local RFD wanted £520! Ended up buying a used Sako Quad with a load of extras for £475.

I have a .22 CZ with trigger kit and like others you can't fault them.

CZ, it's a no brainer!

I've just bought the American 452 and it's an awesome piece of kit.

One word of advice though - I really wish I'd bought a synthetic stock version (silouette for example) as the wood on my marks up VERY easily. I go lamping on my own from the Landrover quite a bit and the gun is always getting knocked and the wood will scratch and dent quickly.

Good luck, and defo stick with 17 and not the 22.

This has been debated many a time and the answer is always the same.

CZ! :good:

If you can't afford a Sako or Anshutz!

Ha Ha, always one comedian, a Sako or Anschutz will not bring home any more rabbits after a day in the field, some may prefer them, the wood may be better, engineering may be tighter but they will not shoot any better that you will notice in the field and they will cost about double a CZ, and the questions was.....

Hi all, looking at getting a .17 hmr just wondered the general feeling on the best value for money rifle to go for?

:good:

If you can find one for that, snap it up straightaway. My local RFD wanted £520! Ended up buying a used Sako Quad with a load of extras for £475.

I have a .22 CZ with trigger kit and like others you can't fault them.

Contact ds rifles.

That's what I paid only a couple of months ago.