Badgerpig

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it a coincidence that " hamburgers" is an anagram of " shergar bum"

The burgers that give you a sore throat !

Dont get saddled with them, odds on you will get a refund !

Watch they dont give you the trotts !

"i could eat a horse"....Funny you should say that !

Stop with all the burger jokes your flogging a dead horse !

Despite the recent news, tesco says that there burger sales are stable !

Horse meat found in tesco, Camilla PB missing......Coincidence, i think not !

Some great humour coming out here!

But in all seriousness, doesn't this make a great case for shooting/catching/growing your own, or for buying from a good old-fashioned reputable butcher?

The one I use has a notice-board up on his wall with details of the farm his meat came from, right down to the animal's tag number. And I still maintain that because he cuts the meat to order, it works out cheaper to buy from him. Go to a supermarket and you have to buy in the quantities that get put on their little polystyrene trays, regardless of whether that's how much or how little you really want.

I hope the inimitable Clarissa gets stuck into this one next time she does one of her Great British Food programmes!

How are dogs and cats different. I believe that there are several countries where dogs are still bread for eating, and possibly some our our "local take aways" where you have been to and quite possibly eaten some dog meat without realising - And no doubt enjoyed your meal. Sweet and Sour Pooch anyone?

As for cats I was once told that one of the resoans that some more elderly people would only eat rabbit if you left the kidneys in place. This was because so many cats disappeared and were eated during the war years when there was a food shortage that the only way you could tell the difference between a cat and a rabbit when they were "oven ready" was the positioning of the kidneys. On a cat they are said to be level with each other and on a rabbit they are offset. I have to admit that I am not sure if this is true but it makes sense.

I might eat one if I was starving, but I'm not. I was taught if its got fur and its a carnivore it aint edible. The livers of some carnivores can be very toxic. They may eat dogs and cats in the far east but they also eat chickens feet and birds nests made of mud and spit. In New Guinea they eat each other but one must draw the line somewhere.

There was a story round here of someone who bit something hard in a his meal in a Chinese restaurant. He took it out of his mouth and saw it was a micro chip. He kept quiet, finished his meal - well presumably just the rice - and took the chip to the police. It turned out to be from a black labradour recently reported missing locally. The restaurant was closed down and proscuted though the owners are now back in business in another establishment.

That story may be an urban myth thats spread, but I bet its happened. If its over-cooked and covered in plum sauce it could be anything.

Sorry but just don't believe the micro chips stuff, I mean it must be mileeeeeeeeeees easier to buy legitimate meats than dog meat over here. Where would you slaughter such animals and how would you dispose of the remains time after time? Just not worth the risk or effort. Paws for thought and you'll get the feline it's just a tail.

Sorry but just don't believe the micro chips stuff, I mean it must be mileeeeeeeeeees easier to buy legitimate meats than dog meat over here. Where would you slaughter such animals and how would you dispose of the remains time after time? Just not worth the risk or effort. Paws for thought and you'll get the feline it's just a tail.

I don't know about that but I do know and its true that our local Dogs Trust don't allow Chinese/ Oriental people to adopt a homeless dog. And its been like that since forever. The jokes about Chinese restaurants and dogs/cats/pigeons are basically true but they don't serve them up to the customers.

The work force in a lot of these places are illegals from very poor parts of China and are to all intents and purposes slaves. They treated like slaves and fed on whatever is cheap.

Edited by Vince Green

I see your point Vince but how do you go about abducting dogs and cats from a practical point of view? I can usually get a cat to come hither and let me stroke it but to then try and grab the thing or a dog for instance whilst looking all Chinese as well :lol::innocent::lol: , not very doable is it? Perhaps they breed them but then there's the matter of slaughter, smell and huge waste to get rid of, all for what? The least attention you draw to yourself the better surely if you're harbouring illegals ?!

Edited by Hamster

There is nothing wrong with a bit of horse in a burger, sausage, whatever, compared to all the bull penis, ears, nose, tendon, ligament, etc etc!

What is wrong is simply labelling!

Who has noticed, who has complained...NOBODY until they found out now!

Edited by Dekers

I've paid real money to buy horse meat in France - very nice too. I only object to the fact that some twisting **** is making money out of stuffing burgers with animals from the knackers yard - it's the deceit that hacks me off.

In the early 70's I worked in offices next to some Public Health Inspectors and they used to warn us off certain take aways and restaurants from time to time.because of cat or dog carcasses being found in their fridges or freezers Most got closed I think but there seemed to be a delay between the discovery and any action taking place. The advice used to be "if you can see feathers or a bit of scaly skin on the large chicken leg in your curry it's probably chicken, if not assume it's cat!" I'm pretty sure I must have eaten some cat & dog during that time!!

There is nothing wrong with a bit of horse in a burger, sausage, whatever, compared to all the bull penis, ears, nose, tendon, ligament, etc etc!

What is wrong is simply labelling!

Who has noticed, who has complained...NOBODY until they found out now!

Indeed, but the bull penis, ears, nose, tendon etc are perfectly edible and tasty too. The vietnamese national dish Pho has cow tendons as an ingredient. It is delicious!

As you say, it is the labelling. More concerning is trace of pig in the meat. Doesn't bother me, but some people do not eat that for religious reasons.