deputy dog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it looks like the weather forecast wasn't wrong after all after all the hype of heavy snow.

In six hours in the Rhynmey Valleys in South Wales we have had about 8 inches of snow and its still like blizzard conditions out side, with no sign of stopping soon.

Everything is at a stand still with only the total idiots trying to drive up the main roadd in their 2 wheel drives.

Me im tucked up on the settee with a mug of hot tea an packet of ginger nuts and thats where im staying lol. Or a may venture out for a snow ball fight with the local kids a bit latet on hahahs. I think the snow brings out the big kid in most of us lol.

Any one else had a ton of snow around their way

DD

Get of your lazy backside and take some pics for us then! Jeez, do I have to think of everything :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

Edited by Lord Geordie

I would Geordie mate but my lap top is on the blink. And

i aint got a clue how to upload them from my phone or IPad. Just got in from being pelted by the local kids with snow balls. It was a bit of fun but i think i should have stayed put as this blood clot in my lung and the cold air has taken my breath a bit. Staying put from now on and eff the snow lol

Sorry about not being able to put some pictures up as iv got a few good ones too.

DD

Denbigh, North Wales. Sitting in my office, watching the barest flecks of snow go past, as the drifts build up to at least a quarter inch in the car park.

Yup, it looks like it's missing here, as usual

ha ha not stopped our onshore office ********* off at lunch time they are in Northop

Hi from sunny Cheshire - depth of snow is variable as driven on a strong wind - maybe 4" drifting to a foot or more in places - stopped snowing now but more anytime soon apparently. It must be cold because the chickens are inside and the local farmer has been playing in the lane with his new tractor and snow plough.

Lets hope it gets worse - I will go for coffee and ginger buscuits too. Son is out working on a friends farm in this and he's happy as Larry - I just dont have that love of being frozen anymore.

However, might well go out early before the shoot (snow stops after tonight) to see if there are any Charlies about and where I can get at them.

I just hope the snow doesnt get above welli height for the shoot and the other guys are up for it !

Take care folks and enjoy the change !!!

I would Geordie mate but my lap top is on the blink. And

i aint got a clue how to upload them from my phone or IPad. Just got in from being pelted by the local kids with snow balls. It was a bit of fun but i think i should have stayed put as this blood clot in my lung and the cold air has taken my breath a bit. Staying put from now on and eff the snow lol

Sorry about not being able to put some pictures up as iv got a few good ones too.

DD

Keep warm matey! Take pics from the window :D

I like a good snowball hurling session even at my age :good:

A fair amount here, Schools closing left right and centre ! Roads are chaos.

The Mrs has a 30 mile journey each way to work and her bosses have said anyone not within a 5 mile radius of work can go home from lunch time but it must be taken as leave (Not exactly kind or charitable)So times I really hate her employers ....fair to say mor accurately 99% of the time. :(

No sign of that the gritters have been out in the area, roads have been turned into a sheet of ice I did the splits on the way to the docs this morning due to the ice under the snow (not a pretty sight). Some drivers are making it worse by not keeping their cars in 2nd gear and gently accellerating away. Its foot to the floor spinning their wheels like crazy causing themselves to slide into the path of others, been several very near misses. Looked like you could barerly get a newspaper between the bumbpers on a couple of the near misses.

Some drivers are making it worse by not keeping their cars in 2nd gear and gently accellerating away. Its foot to the floor spinning their wheels like crazy causing themselves to slide into the path of others, been several very near misses. Looked like you could barerly get a newspaper between the bumbpers on a couple of the near misses.

Spot on...pain in the but aren't they?

:good:

I think we've got about 5" on the drive now and it's still coming down steadily.

I went out to go beating first thing but the shoot got cancelled. On my way there I spotted the postman's van which had slid off of the road and down a steep verge. I did my bit for the community and towed him out before carrying on to the shoot anyway (good excuse to go stalking). When my mate arrived he'd already got a fallow buck - it was well wrapped up in wire at the side of the road so we're both really happy we carried on down there now. If we'd have turned around and gone home again the poor thing probably would have frozen to death.... and the posty would still be stuck!

Edited by njc110381