Snowed In

deputy dog

Well it looks like the weather forecast wasn't wrong after all after all the hype of heavy snow.

In six hours in the Rhynmey Valleys in South Wales we have had about 8 inches of snow and its still like blizzard conditions out side, with no sign of stopping soon.

Everything is at a stand still with only the total idiots trying to drive up the main roadd in their 2 wheel drives.

Me im tucked up on the settee with a mug of hot tea an packet of ginger nuts and thats where im staying lol. Or a may venture out for a snow ball fight with the local kids a bit latet on hahahs. I think the snow brings out the big kid in most of us lol.

Any one else had a ton of snow around their way

DD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, really coming down here. No work today (I work at a College and they have closed it!). Most of the schools in Gloucestershire are closed too.

Was thinking of a trip to the local clay ground later but, after looking on their website, it appears the main road there is closed as well!

A fair amount here, Schools closing left right and centre ! Roads are chaos.

The Mrs has a 30 mile journey each way to work and her bosses have said anyone not within a 5 mile radius of work can go home from lunch time but it must be taken as leave (Not exactly kind or charitable)So times I really hate her employers ....fair to say mor accurately 99% of the time. :(

Snow has been slow to get here in Beaconsfield but started to blow about an hour ago and the snow is now pretty heavy, doesn't look like more than an inch at the moment but it does now seem set for the day! aiming for home in the next hour then it's heating on, dogs asleep by the fire, a mug of coffee and a bacon sandwich. Vika won't get away from her work until later and she has, what can be, a couple of difficult hills to drive up so I may have to be on rescue duty!

Stay safe everyone. still plan (and hope) to shoot over the weekend - fingers crossed!

Its subsided a bit now where i am. But the snow is half way up or over the car tyers, so no one is moving much at all from any of the streets.

All i can see is snow balls whizzing back and forth where the kids are having a snow ball fight. So with my ginger nuts have just about gone, its on with my boots and out in the street to join in the fun and throw some white stuff about.

Let you know how many bruises i get later on lol hahaha

DD